Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. From what I found, the mach-e will come with either of these options:
  • 225/60R18
  • 225/55R19
  • 235/45R20 (GT version)
To be honest, for a crossover / SUV (like they sell it) these are pretty narrow, even the 235 in the GT...
In the Netherlands the base version is the only one with R18 wheels, but the sideskirts etc are not in gloss black but cheap gray.
If they come with the option for the base with black sides that will be my pick and upgrade the wheels.

Anyways, it seems handy to have a topic with what wheel sizes will be compatibe.
The I-Pace comes with an 245/50R20 option. But according the calculators (willtheyfit) that would not be smart.
I lean towards 245/45R20 (-0.18% speed error). 245 also seems to be nice enough for this car, but you will lose some range.

Not being a Ford expert, from what I see, the mustang's usually use wheels with 5x4.5 (5x114.3). We will have to confirm this is also the case for the Mach-e.
I'm hanging towards 20x8. Although 8.5 is a beter fit for 245 width (seee tyresizecalculator : tire-width-for-a-wheel-rim-size-chart)
ET value I have no clue....

It would help a lot if someone could confirm the wheel specs of a GT version with 20" wheels:
  • depth == 8 or 8.5?
  • ET value
  • 5x4.5 (5x114.3)

Personaly I love a tiny bit of poke on wheels :)

Appreciated...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agree, we need to get a thread going on this... Bump

i-Pace, Edge, & Escape (G3) run 5x108 bolt patterns, but a 5x114.3 would be nice and possibly give us more choices should offsets be similar to other platforms.

Re: wheel & tire widths.... the model S std wheels are 19x8 with 245/45s... optional 21x8.5/9.0 with 245/35 & 265/35. I get they want want best mileage, so understand their choices

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll accept a range hit to get some manlier tires. I mean those aren't very sporty tire sizes. That's minivan territory. One of the stock tire sizes available on the Toyota Sienna is a 235/50R19 which is sadly a little wider than the tires on the premium Mach-E. Seriously... a freaking Sienna. We need better options. If they're putting the Mustang badge on this vehicle then it can't have minivan tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll accept a range hit to get some manlier tires. I mean those aren't very sporty tire sizes. That's minivan territory. One of the stock tire sizes available on the Toyota Sienna is a 235/50R19 which is sadly a little wider than the tires on the premium Mach-E. Seriously... a freaking Sienna. We need better options. If they're putting the Mustang badge on this vehicle then it can't have minivan tires.
hahaha Yea when you look at it that way, Brutal :ROFLMAO:

I expected to replace them right away, but yea would been nice to re-use their tires, but not likley as it stands, as I too am ok sacrificing some range for more meats

·
Registered
17 Posts
do we know if the GT will a staggered setup that supposedly the model Y will also have?

yeah 225 on 19" rims is pretty narrow. my volvo convertible has 235/40/18x8s. it seems weird to have narrower tires on a crossover much less a performance oriented one called mustang. but i get it. it's more efficient and provides more range... can't have it all.

maybe i'll keep the stock 225/55/19 for road trips and put on aftermarket or GT rims with 245/45/20 w/summer/performance tires for around town? :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts