Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
693 Posts
I haven’t pushed a car to its max in 25 years. After the novelty of the swift-kick off the line wears off, I will probably drive the MMe as i do my current car.
A few cars ago I had a 2011 Caddy CTS V Coupe w 556Hp 550 ft. lbs. of torque 0-60 3.9 seconds with Magnetic Ride. GM at the time offered a full day of racing at a local speedway with their cars. Drag, skid pan, 1.5, 2.5 .4.5 circuits which taught me in my case, that the technology is better that the driver. Since then I have the F Type and S5 aside "downgraded my insanity ratio" to my present 0 to 60 in 2.5 days Fusion. I will be driving the MMe like a good citizen who is cognizant of his fellow man.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few cars ago I had a 2011 Caddy CTS V Coupe w 556Hp 550 ft. lbs. of torque 0-60 3.9 seconds with Magnetic Ride. GM at the time offered a full day of racing at a local speedway with their cars. Drag, skid pan, 1.5, 2.5 .4.5 circuits which taught me in my case, that the technology is better that the driver. Since then I have the F Type and S5 aside "downgraded my insanity ratio" to my present 0 to 60 in 2.5 days Fusion. I will be driving the MMe like a good citizen who is cognizant of his fellow man.
Even at the age of 54, still like a car quick off the line and at passing speeds. Wouldn't consider spending the extra $ on the quicker Model Y though - also hate the rougher riding wheels. Definitely back and forth on what model would be better in the near term. I wonder when there will be MachE's out there being tested - early November?

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I read the piece this morning and I thought no wonder they won't let people buy out the lease the law suits could kill them. It's interesting to see that if the buyer gets the tax credit (local) it can't be returned. However the stock just keeps on climbing, go figure.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
As someone that travels a lot for work and personal stuff, this Model Y highway mileage test will be useful when MME numbers are finally out:

"The results were interesting, with the Model Y taking the team by surprise. The Model 3 showed a consumption of 18.5kWh/100km. Next in line was the Model S at 19.4 followed by the Model Y with just 19.9. The Model X was the anchor at 24.1kWh/100km. Had these cars not been Performance versions, the results would have been better."

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I read the piece this morning and I thought no wonder they won't let people buy out the lease the law suits could kill them. It's interesting to see that if the buyer gets the tax credit (local) it can't be returned. However the stock just keeps on climbing, go fig
Here's an update. If it were me Iwould be livid.
I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: Water-Holding Tesla Model Y Owner Tell Us How Bad Ownership Has Been Water-Holding Tesla Model Y Owner Tell Us How Bad Ownership Has Been

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Here's an update. If it were me Iwould be livid.
I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: Water-Holding Tesla Model Y Owner Tell Us How Bad Ownership Has Been Water-Holding Tesla Model Y Owner Tell Us How Bad Ownership Has Been

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
I saw that, the body is so misaligned that water collects in the door sill.
People keep blaming the assemblers, but Sandy Munro (check out his YouTube channel) thinks the frame could be off from the start. And that could be the stamping, casting, and/or robot programming.
To fix any of those, production would have to be halted for weeks. Elon would rather pump out trash, than do the right thing and stop the line to figure what is wrong.
I believe Elon is just going to ignore it for months while he gets the Germany plant running. If I were someone wanting a Model Y right now, i would wait until the German factory is in operation. And then only accept VINs from Germany.
Again, just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I saw that, the body is so misaligned that water collects in the door sill.
People keep blaming the assemblers, but Sandy Munro (check out his YouTube channel) thinks the frame could be off from the start. And that could be the stamping, casting, and/or robot programming.
To fix any of those, production would have to be halted for weeks. Elon would rather pump out trash, than do the right thing and stop the line to figure what is wrong.
I believe Elon is just going to ignore it for months while he gets the Germany plant running. If I were someone wanting a Model Y right now, i would wait until the German factory is in operation. And then only accept VINs from Germany.
Again, just my opinion.
Wow, that would tantamount to fraud, knowingly putting out defective products.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Giant Press For Tesla Model Y Reportedly In Place At Fremont Factory

Look for further reduction in the price of the Model Y.

see: https://www.yahoo.com/news/giant-press-tesla-model-y-151315663.html
I would prefer they raised the price and put in an instrument panel and a couple of "shortcut" buttons. The upside was an article that I read today that showed that the Mod. 3 holds it's value well above the other EVs in 36 months. happy for my son in law who wants to trade his 3 when the Truck is debuted

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
572 Posts
I would prefer they raised the price and put in an instrument panel and a couple of "shortcut" buttons. The upside was an article that I read today that showed that the Mod. 3 holds it's value well above the other EVs in 36 months. happy for my son in law who wants to trade his 3 when the Truck is debuted
I do not disagree. The biggest shortcomings are the lane warning on the tablet instead of the mirror and some functions by knobs instead of all on the tablet.

As to lane warnings, and especially with a new factory in Germany, the German courts may force Tesla to make a change.

The addition in the MachE of the speedometer and range directly in front of you instead of on the tablet, is at least for me, not a deal breaker. I remember when I put in all sorts of gauges to monitor voltage, oil temperature, etc. in my cars instead of "idiot lights". Of course with an EV all of that is unnecessary.

Knobs: After I set my mirrors, seat, steering wheel, etc., all that I use knobs for are AC temperature, volume and station on the radio. Everything is set once - I never bother to change againh. Yes, I would prefer more knobs, but if the Model Y leases out for $200 to $300 less than the MachE, I will learn to live with that as well. I think saving $200/$300 is more than a fair trade off for a few knobs.

The most serious problem with the Model Y is quality control. Again from the Youtube videos I have seen, most of those deficiencies are corrected with July production.

Finally as you point out, the Model 3 and Y seem to holding their value - more than 60% after three years. This is a major plus in the Tesla's favor.

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
i do not think it is a further price cut.

What I hope its about is getting their Quality Control in order.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Tesla Model Y A 'Thought Through' Car, Volkswagen CEO Showers Praise After Test Drive

From the article:

“Of course I also tested a Tesla Model Y – with my colleague Frank Welsch,” said Diess on his LinkedIn page. "This car is for us in many aspects (not in all!) a reference: user experience, updatability, driving features, performance of the top of the range models, charging network, range."

see: https://www.yahoo.com/news/tesla-model-y-thought-car-083234429.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
I loved the Y test drive I took. I would have bought one if the quality issues were not so rampant.
You actually forgot another problem (and it is not the panel gaps and QC that indeed horrible) - service problem. Good luck getting good service from Tesla - either customer support or technical. I am still waiting for my refund - 65 days past. The good news - after many calls, it seems my bank finally get a request from Tesla. Yesterday.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
You actually forgot another problem (and it is not the panel gaps and QC that indeed horrible) - service problem. Good luck getting good service from Tesla - either customer support or technical. I am still waiting for my refund - 65 days past. The good news - after many calls, it seems my bank finally get a request from Tesla. Yesterday.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Odd. Was that your deposit? My deposit was refunded to my VISA immediately upon cancellation.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I loved the Y test drive I took. I would have bought one if the quality issues were not so rampant.
I have seen on YouTube that later production of the Model Y, July production, many of the quality control issues were addressed:

• Do you know how old the Model Y you drove is? Was it early production?
  • What quality control issues did you encounter
Thanks!

41 - 60 of 72 Posts