Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congratulations!

Glad to hear only two issues.

I saw pictures of the back seats not lining up. Has that been corrected?

Do not be a stranger to this forum.

Let us know how owning the Model Y experience is going.
Seats seem to line up OK, have seen those pics as well of others...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congratulations on your new MY.

Don’t worry, unless you drive like Grandpa and keep it under 70 you will never see the EPA range numbers. This goes for all EV and ICE alike. Plus the weather issues. So if you didn’t come close on mileage, that’s to be expected.

If you are lucky, maybe Tesla will open up one of its 50 new service centers near you next year, saving you the 300 mile trip in the future.

I hope more manufacturers invest in infrastructure, thats the only way the public networks will catch up to the SC network.

Wondering what the two issues were? Typical alignment/paint stuff?
Also, what configuration/color did you go with?
Someone said that rain because of resistance to the tires reduces range. Have a service center 25 minutes away. I think Mt. Kisco is the only location for deliveries in New York State right now. I felt it was a better option than home delivery by a 3rd party. Would have added a couple of weeks and have heard that the delivery dates are a moving target based on semi availability.

Two issues - drivers side pillar cover was flawed and the weatherstrip on the passenger side was really bubbled. Minor, but can't say I have experienced cosmetic flaws like that with my prior vehicles. The Tesla delivery guy said that wasn't cool and took pics before we left. Annoying, but fixable at my house.

Long Range/Blue - While I like speed, I did not want the 21" wheels. Plenty fast for me but might pay for the performance bump in the future to get it to 4.1 0-60.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,155 Posts
Someone said that rain because of resistance to the tires reduces range. Have a service center 25 minutes away. I think Mt. Kisco is the only location for deliveries in New York State right now. I felt it was a better option than home delivery by a 3rd party. Would have added a couple of weeks and have heard that the delivery dates are a moving target based on semi availability.

Two issues - drivers side pillar cover was flawed and the weatherstrip on the passenger side was really bubbled. Minor, but can't say I have experienced cosmetic flaws like that with my prior vehicles. The Tesla delivery guy said that wasn't cool and took pics before we left. Annoying, but fixable at my house.

Long Range/Blue - While I like speed, I did not want the 21" wheels. Plenty fast for me but might pay for the performance bump in the future to get it to 4.1 0-60.

Rain: yes range decreases in both EV's and ICE.

Delivery center: there are two on Long Island: Syosset, Smithtown, one in Brooklyn, and three more in New York, plus 4 in New Jersey.

see: US Tesla Service Centers | Tesla

Performance model: The 21" wheels create a much harsher ride. I agree with you you in getting the LR. 4.8 secs. 0-60 would be fast enough for me as well

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rain: yes range decreases in both EV's and ICE.

Delivery center: there are two on Long Island: Syosset, Smithtown, one in Brooklyn, and three more in New York, plus 4 in New Jersey.

see: US Tesla Service Centers | Tesla

Performance model: The 21" wheels create a much harsher ride. I agree with you you in getting the LR. 4.8 secs. 0-60 would be fast enough for me as well
I know that our local Service Center does not deliver vehicles. I thought someone told me only Mt. Kisco right now. But anyway, all those other locations are far away from us.

The Y rides better than the Explorer ST with 21" wheels that we traded in... Was concerned about the 20" Induction wheels, but not bad at all.

·
Registered
624 Posts
The A pillar I might not have noticed but the door gasket... surprised the dealer didn't address it prior to delivery.

I do think we need to be every bit as critical on the build quality as we take delivery on our MMEs... maybe even more so given the importance of the MME to Ford's transition to BEVs.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
The A pillar I might not have noticed but the door gasket... surprised the dealer didn't address it prior to delivery.

I do think we need to be every bit as critical on the build quality as we take delivery on our MMEs... maybe even more so given the importance of the MME to Ford's transition to BEVs.
The reason for the slow ramp-up of the MMe is to ensure good quality control. Ford is seriously trying to avoid the problems experienced during the Explorer launch.

Thats not to say issues won’t surface. At least we shouldn’t have to worry about the fit/finish. We just have all the first-year unknowns (software, unforeseen component issues, etc) to fret over.

Like what happened to the Polestar 2, two components weren’t manufactured to spec and have to be replaced. Fingers-crossed we won’t experience anything of the sort.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tesla is no longer #1 is Wester Europe for BEVs and that might be a positive for Ford.
I don't think that is particularly significant. It was mostly a supply problem from Covid. Model 3s are now shipping from Shanghai at a lower cost of production and shipping. Giga Berlin will be producing Model Ys next spring. Tesla is still selling every Model Y and Model 3 that they can produce. I'm sure the Mach E will be well received and Ford will sell all that they allocate to Europe from the currently low projected production level. I doubt that it will affect Tesla sales. With the new models upcoming, I believe there is room for everyone with a competitive design ed BEV to sell every one that they can produce.

Berlin Model Y will cost less to produce and avoid current transportation costs and import duties, and therefore sell at a very competitive price.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
The Model Y was given a reliability rating of "much worse than average" in this new Consumer Reports survey:

The Tesla Model Y was given a reliability rating of "much worse than average" in the latest Consumer Reports reliability survey, but it wasn't the only electric car to be rated poorly.

CR's Auto Reliability Survey is based on data collected from the organization's members, covering 300,000 vehicles from model years 2000 to 2020. It's considered a benchmark for measuring reliability by auto industry commentators and customers alike.

This was the first survey to include the Tesla Model Y. Owners reported "misaligned body panels that had to be fixed," and "mismatched paint," according to CR, while one owner reported dust, debris, and human hair embedded in the paint.

But the Model Y wasn't the only electric vehicle that didn't do well in this latest reliability survey.

The Kia Niro EV "had issues with a bearing in the electric motor," while Audi E-Tron owners reported "drive system electrical failures" and "power equipment problems," according to CR, which gave the Audi a "much worse than average" rating.

Tesla overall sits second from the bottom among 26 ranked brands in reliability, with the Model S dropping below average in reliability and losing its "Recommended" rating. The Model X has never scored well in CR reliability surveys. That follows Tesla's last-place ranking in the 2020 J.D. Power Initial Quality Survey earlier this year.

The Model 3 has been a bright spot for Tesla in CR surveys, but even that has been a roller coaster ride. The organization named the Model 3 its top electric car earlier this year, helping to prop up Tesla's overall reliability score, but prior to that it lost the "Recommended" rating due to poor reliability.

Overall though, CR says that EVs cost less to maintain and repair. That's also informed by the organization's collected data from owners.

·
Registered
25 Posts

These issues were addressed yesterday by Tesla home service. I was impressed - was here in the middle of the stated time window. Very knowledgable and was done in 20 minutes. Answered a couple of other questions and done.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,266 Posts
These issues were addressed yesterday by Tesla home service. I was impressed - was here in the middle of the stated time window. Very knowledgable and was done in 20 minutes. Answered a couple of other questions and done.
My daughter and son in law are very happy with the Tesla Home Service. There's something to be said for not having to trek to a dealer's service dept.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
I think in person the MME looks a lot better than in the photos.
It really does. In these pictures it looks better than the MY. I have to see them together in person.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, one has a much better coefficient of drag. EVs sometimes require rethinking what is important in design. There is beauty in plain, a Tesla feature inside and out. The Mach E is attractive with a design decision to tug at Mustang heartstrings at the expense of range. 😋

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah, one has a much better coefficient of drag. EVs sometimes require rethinking what is important in design. There is beauty in plain, a Tesla feature inside and out. The Mach E is attractive with a design decision to tug at Mustang heartstrings at the expense of range. 😋
Well that sleek design with great drag coefficient doesn't cut through the air good enough to prevent the roof from flying off. 😋

Seriously I've not seen the Cd for the MME but it's probably going to be a bit worse than the MY 0.23. Enough to make a big difference in the range though? The MY heat pump is probably a bigger factor.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well that sleek design with great drag coefficient doesn't cut through the air good enough to prevent the roof from flying off. 😋

Seriously I've not seen the Cd for the MME but it's probably going to be a bit worse than the MY 0.23. Enough to make a big difference in the range though? The MY heat pump is probably a bigger factor.
Yes, I'm sure there are some compromises but there's nothing about the shape of the MME that suggests to me it will have a bad drag coefficient, I'd put money on it being pretty close to the MY. Plus it doesn't look like a platypus.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, I'm sure there are some compromises but there's nothing about the shape of the MME that suggests to me it will have a bad drag coefficient, I'd put money on it being pretty close to the MY. Plus it doesn't look like a platypus.
Ford has said it will be under 0.30. The GT model has air vents in the front bumper fascia so that the air curtain stays attached to the car as it flows around the front wheels. This is necessary for the GT because of the wider wheels. So guys and gals be careful you do not screw up the aerodynamics when you put on your aftermarket wheels.

161 - 180 of 199 Posts