Ford Mach E Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Mach E be better than the E-Tron?

I think everyone was seriously disappointed with the-Tron's range of just 204 miles of range. There was a lot of talk of 300+ miles but then the EPA rating came in so low.

Rumors indicate the Mach E will be 300+ miles of range. Will it really live up to that? And how can Ford do what Hyundai can't???? Is anyone else surprised by this.

As for pricing, the e-tron Starts at around $75,000. I have to think Ford will come in less than that. So maybe $70k?
Still, that's a LOT of money for a Ford.

On the performance side, the e-tron makes 402-hp and can do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. Not bad. I have to think the Mach E will be around that performance, although I'd expect better. The Ecoboost Mustang is around that fast and the Mustang GT is closer to 4 seconds. So I HAVE to think we're talking Mustang GT performance levels here.

Another big factor will be the Mach E charging time and charging network. The e-tron can charge 54 miles of range in just 10 minutes. I'll be impressed if Ford can do that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
From my understanding the Mach E is supposed to start at around $40,000 which means there could be a price gap of around $30,000! Which is one heck of a deal for an EV.

For performance goes I think it should do better than the e-tron. Ford seems to be keeping a keen eye on their EV performance, as brought up here.

As for charging the 54 miles of range in 10 minutes has been really impressive. Ford claims they can come close to that charging time though, on their website it says that "with available 150 kW chargers in the FordPass™ Charging Network, the Mustang-inspired all-electric SUV can charge an estimated average of 47 miles of range in approximately ten minutes, and from 10-80% in 45 minutes."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts