Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Since when does the Mach E have a top speed of 130mph? Has this been confirmed?

EU sites mention a top speed of 112mph (of course all specs seem to be much more conservative in the EU sites) and the US site mentions nothing, as far as I can see.

So where does this number come from? Is it from Ford?
I think the 130 mph might be an older estimate because I've seen 112 mph as well.

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
44 Posts
Mach E GT does not have a 0-60 in 4.8 seconds (should be under 4 seconds) or a range of 235 miles (should be 250 miles). I think that info clearly needs to be updated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mach E GT does not have a 0-60 in 4.8 seconds (should be under 4 seconds) or a range of 235 miles (should be 250 miles). I think that info clearly needs to be updated.
In general comparing actual specs of a production car against targeted/estimated/potential values of an untested one is inconclusive at best. There are also enough errors in those charts to further warrant any conclusions as meaningless.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Its a good start, but i’d rather compare the final and full production specs.

And a Motor Trend side-by-side comparison review.
Agreed.

Its not the clearest picture but indeed a start.

I actually think we'll only ever get that clear picture well into automotive publications spending enough time with both models owners have them for at least a few months. Also any technical insight helps too as we can better asses how well each vehicle was put together and on that note here's some of it, specifically with the Model Y:

"An analysis of the construction of the body shell for the Tesla Model Y, compared to the Model 3. Tesla continues to innovate and develop new manufacturing techniques."

I'm actually a fan of what Tesla has done here... still a Ford guy :D

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
106 Posts
Since when does the Mach E have a top speed of 130mph? Has this been confirmed?

EU sites mention a top speed of 112mph (of course all specs seem to be much more conservative in the EU sites) and the US site mentions nothing, as far as I can see.

So where does this number come from? Is it from Ford?
That was the number I was told at the Washington Auto Show as well. It's set by a software governor.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That software-limited top speed of 130mph has me wondering what the MME's actual top speed is like. Anyone know?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I just finished reading this article from Forbes on the Model Y, it looks like owners are already having some issues with it. The article points things out like the frunk not closing properly, the rear hatch not closing properly, and paint chips.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just finished reading this article from Forbes on the Model Y, it looks like owners are already having some issues with it. The article points things out like the frunk not closing properly, the rear hatch not closing properly, and paint chips.

Anyone who gets the chance, watch the Munro Live YouTube channel teardown of the model 3 and Y. It is very informative. Shows how poorly the 3 was manufactured, and how Tesla has put those lessons into the Y.

I expect a MMe will be sacrificed in much the same way. Munro actually buys the vehicle ‘blind’ through a proxy, so the automakers can’t give them a one-off, but a car straight from the factory line.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts