Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Definitely some wheel spin on that polished concrete floor. I really can't wait til professional reviewers get to spend some time with the car.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely some wheel spin on that polished concrete floor. I really can't wait til professional reviewers get to spend some time with the car.
Yeah that surprised me. There's a few reviewers out there that I think will have a lot of fun with the Mach-E.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maybe there'll be some "untapped" power that can be accessed with a future software upgrade?
Yes, it's possible. The stated power for small motor is 50kW and large is 210kW. The Premium AWD is listed at only 248kW combined for 332hp. Those numbers don't add up.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Ford is being conservative with the numbers because they want to focus on range and reliability as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think Ford is being conservative with the specs because they knew Tesla's Model Y numbers are the segment's benchmark. Ford also knew that Tesla was going to exceed the Y's initial specs, but by how much was the question.
Tesla laid their cards out on the table with 315 miles of range (on 255mm wide tires, no less) with a 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. Now that Ford knows what the bar has been set at, we can expect an improvement to the Premium AWD ER acceleration time and range.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Ford is being conservative with the specs because they knew Tesla's Model Y numbers are the segment's benchmark. Ford also knew that Tesla was going to exceed the Y's initial specs, but by how much was the question.
Tesla laid their cards out on the table with 315 miles of range (on 255mm wide tires, no less) with a 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. Now that Ford knows what the bar has been set at, we can expect an improvement to the Premium AWD ER acceleration time and range.
That's very likely too, they don't want to over promise on the numbers and deal with any backlash if they can't deliver.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
That’s great acceleration on a surface that is almost the equivalent of an ice sheet. Awd did well to keep a straight line, so did the breaks. I am bummed its going to be another 6+ months before I could get a road test

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s great acceleration on a surface that is almost the equivalent of an ice sheet. Awd did well to keep a straight line, so did the breaks. I am bummed its going to be another 6+ months before I could get a road test
It really was fighting on that floor to go faster.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The London Satin Blue is noticeably quicker compared to the Chicago clip of the Rapid Red on the polished concrete. I'm curious what speed they got the Blue one up to. It wasn't far down the strip before they hit the brakes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts