Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to the leaked images the Mustang Mach-E will have a frunk that has 4.8 cubic feet of cargo space.

That's pretty good considering where it stands among some other EVs and what its price point is.

Tesla Model X - 6.6 cubic feet
Tesla Model S - 5.3 cubic feet
Tesla Model 3 - 2.7 cubic feet
Jaguar I-Pace - 0.95 cubic feet

Updated - Here's the information for the rear cargo space. It's 59.6 cubic feet behind the front seats and 29 cubic feet behind the rear seats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's 29 cubit feet behind rear seat and 59.6 cubit feet behind front seats. It was on the leaked website.

The Model Y has a total of 66 cubit feet of storage. So if they are using the frunk plus the space behind the front seats, total storage is pretty comparable.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's 29 cubit feet behind rear seat and 59.6 cubit feet behind front seats. It was on the leaked website.

The Model Y has a total of 66 cubit feet of storage. So if they are using the frunk plus the space behind the front seats, total storage is pretty comparable.
Thanks for adding that @benboy12 I guess I wasn't looking close enough haha.

If it's the frunk plus the space behind the front seats that means it's 64.4 cubic feet of cargo space for the Mach-E and 66 cubic feet for the Model Y.

That's not too shabby at all by Ford!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ford Norway shared this photo on Instagram that shows the exact dimensions of the Mach-E's trunk.

Here are the measurement conversions:
77 cm = 30.3 inches
54 cm = 21.3 inches
104 cm = 40.9 inches
110 cm = 43.3 inches
83 cm = 32.7 inches

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cargo Space

·
Registered
62 Posts
So it seems that the 402 liters that Ford advertises the boot space as (in European sites) is about right.
Which makes it a very small boot for an SUV this size.

My BMW X3 (previous generation) has about the same external dimensions as the Mach E and a boot space (advertised as being) 550 liters.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The X3 is a bit misleading though. It's surprisingly big inside. I think it has essentially the same interior space as the X5... makes little sense, but that's how it is.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I measured my C-max Hybrid and the MME is bigger in almost every direction (avg by an inch or so). I'm not sure if the height is a measurement of the opening or inside up to the roof though. If it's the opening, it's bigger too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts