Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take advantage of these latest Mach-E incentives, rebates and lease deals:
___
"Even though the new all-electric Mustang Mach-E isn't due to begin arriving until later this year, Ford has already introduced the vehicle's first APR deals and promotional lease rates. We're also seeing a mysterious new rebate worth up to $2,500. Here's a look at what's available and some catches worth knowing about.

According to incentive bulletins sent to dealers Thursday, the Mach-E is now eligible for 0.9% APR for up to 48 months through Ford Credit. Opting for a 60-month loan brings the rate to 1.9%. There are also 72 and 75-month options at 3.9% and 4.9%, respectively. However, there are a couple of important limitations.

First, this is a regional offer that's only available in 17 areas: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Memphis, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington. Second, not all versions of the Mach-E are eligible for the lowest rates.

At the moment, the only styles that qualify include the Mach-E Select (due in early 2021), Mach-E Premium (due later this year), and California Route 1 Edition (due early 2021). In contrast, the Mach-E GT (due next spring) is specifically excluded. The GT promises more power and a 0-60 mph spring in under 4 seconds.

If you're planning to lease, the rates aren't quite as good. For example, the Mach-E's featured lease rate is equivalent to 2.25% APR with 36 and 48-month lease options. That said, whether or not the Mach-E ends up being good or bad to lease will depend on other factors we don't know about yet, such as residual values.

Surprisingly, we're also seeing a Mach-E rebate worth $1,000 in many parts of the country that Ford is calling "Select Vehicles Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash." While we don't know yet what makes it so "select", it appears to only be available when financing. We've reached out to a Ford spokesperson for more details.

What's more interesting is that Ford is offering a larger $2,500 discount in a handful of 6 regions: Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco. At this point, what we'd really like to know is whether or not Ford Credit is planning to pass along the full $7,500 federal tax credit on leases.

With other plug-in incentives, shoppers could find the Mach-E to be a good deal. After all, competitors like the Tesla Model Y are no longer eligible for a federal tax credit as of earlier this year. Late December, documents revealed that the Mach-E would even qualify for Ford Plan Pricing for employees and affiliated companies.

We think the latest changes are clear signs that Ford wants to hit the ground running. Mach-E prices start at $44,995 and early online reservations have apparently been a success. The vehicle will debut the brand's latest driver assistance technology and could prove to be one of this year's most hotly-anticipated vehicles."

Source

·
Registered
663 Posts
0.9% APR for up to 48 months is a pretty good deal if you can get it. Though the fact that it's regional is a bit disappointing. It's also interesting that the GT has been excluded.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
237 Posts
The Ford Option plan seems to be what has been written about on the Forums:

It is structured like a lease as to payments, the balloon being like the residual in a lease.

Unlike a lease title will be in owner instead of Ford Credit to insure that the $7,500 Federal Tax credit goes to the owner and not Ford Credit.

I call this a "hybrid lease".

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
It seems like an interesting approach, a balloon payment purchase with a decent surrender clause “the options”.

i’m seriously considering this plan, being the vehicle is new tech and all. there is plenty of time for me to think about it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have been leasing for over 35 years.

This is the first year of production: I need to protect myself if there are issues and there usually are with first year of production.

Also as noted on the forums, the cost of manufacturing a BEV vs. an ICE is much less. As the cost of batteries become less, the cost of BEV could tumble - just as computers and all other electronic things have: fax machines, VCR, mobile phones, large screen TV's, etc. etc. In a few years for less money we may see greater range and more technology.

Just look at what has happened to the price of the Tesla S and Tesla Mode 3.

As newer models come out at ever decreasing prices the resale or used values of BEV will come down or even crash.

I do not want to own a potentially rapidly depreciating asset, hence I intend to lease regardless of the residual or the money factor (interest rate). This will be far cheaper in the long run than owning.

On the other hand, if my First Edition becomes a classic and holds its value, I can always buy it by paying off the balloon!

That is called:

• Having your cake and eating it
  • The best of both worlds

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgandy Velvet Platinum
338 Posts
Take advantage of these latest Mach-E incentives, rebates and lease deals:
___
"Even though the new all-electric Mustang Mach-E isn't due to begin arriving until later this year, Ford has already introduced the vehicle's first APR deals and promotional lease rates. We're also seeing a mysterious new rebate worth up to $2,500. Here's a look at what's available and some catches worth knowing about.

According to incentive bulletins sent to dealers Thursday, the Mach-E is now eligible for 0.9% APR for up to 48 months through Ford Credit. Opting for a 60-month loan brings the rate to 1.9%. There are also 72 and 75-month options at 3.9% and 4.9%, respectively. However, there are a couple of important limitations.

First, this is a regional offer that's only available in 17 areas: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Memphis, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington. Second, not all versions of the Mach-E are eligible for the lowest rates.

At the moment, the only styles that qualify include the Mach-E Select (due in early 2021), Mach-E Premium (due later this year), and California Route 1 Edition (due early 2021). In contrast, the Mach-E GT (due next spring) is specifically excluded. The GT promises more power and a 0-60 mph spring in under 4 seconds.

If you're planning to lease, the rates aren't quite as good. For example, the Mach-E's featured lease rate is equivalent to 2.25% APR with 36 and 48-month lease options. That said, whether or not the Mach-E ends up being good or bad to lease will depend on other factors we don't know about yet, such as residual values.

Surprisingly, we're also seeing a Mach-E rebate worth $1,000 in many parts of the country that Ford is calling "Select Vehicles Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash." While we don't know yet what makes it so "select", it appears to only be available when financing. We've reached out to a Ford spokesperson for more details.

What's more interesting is that Ford is offering a larger $2,500 discount in a handful of 6 regions: Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and San Francisco. At this point, what we'd really like to know is whether or not Ford Credit is planning to pass along the full $7,500 federal tax credit on leases.

With other plug-in incentives, shoppers could find the Mach-E to be a good deal. After all, competitors like the Tesla Model Y are no longer eligible for a federal tax credit as of earlier this year. Late December, documents revealed that the Mach-E would even qualify for Ford Plan Pricing for employees and affiliated companies.

We think the latest changes are clear signs that Ford wants to hit the ground running. Mach-E prices start at $44,995 and early online reservations have apparently been a success. The vehicle will debut the brand's latest driver assistance technology and could prove to be one of this year's most hotly-anticipated vehicles."

Source
Is the Las Vegas area within the Los Angeles Regional area?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I 'm in the process of changing dealers in LV to one who accepts X Plan discount and no ADM.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I generally purchase or lease based on many factors. I purchased the F Type, leased the S5 and intended to purchase the Energi until the dealer advised me that Ford was offering a $9,000 incentive on leases so I leased then bought out the lease. I haven't decided on the MMe, I'm waiting to talk to the dealer on what if any incentives are being offered since it's my understanding that the Ford MMe "Hybrid" lease gives the lessee the $7500 Tax incentive. When I actually get some hard data , I'll post.

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
I generally purchase or lease based on many factors. I purchased the F Type, leased the S5 and intended to purchase the Energi until the dealer advised me that Ford was offering a $9,000 incentive on leases so I leased then bought out the lease. I haven't decided on the MMe, I'm waiting to talk to the dealer on what if any incentives are being offered since it's my understanding that the Ford MMe "Hybrid" lease gives the lessee the $7500 Tax incentive. When I actually get some hard data , I'll post.
Its not a lease, it is a purchase with a balloon payment. The balloon payment amount is based on a residual determined by your estimated yearly mileage.
They have also added the ‘options’ clauses to the purchase agreement.

Options available at the end of the term:
  • pay the balloon payment or finance it.
  • give the vehicle back and walk away. as long as ther is no excess wear-and-tear, or excess mileage, the full balloon balance is waived because Ford Credit ‘buys back’ the car from you. There is a $475 disposal fee.
  • Trade-in for a new vehicle. Trade in value is same calculation above. I don’t think there is a ‘disposal’ fee in this option.
Here is a link with info and a video on this plan:Ford Options Plan

I hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Big help, thanks. I'm a bit weird about owing money I just paid off the 24month lease buyout loan in six months, so I'll need to calculate the costs (rates etc.) v potential benefits. I appreciate the data.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Assuming the interest rate is reasonable, there is no downside to the Ford Option:

• At the end, if there is equity in your car, the balloon payment is less than the cars value, you can either buy it or use its value towards the purchase of another vehicle
  • If there is no equity, on a normal lease it is extremely rare for there to be any equity, just return the car
There is a question of the sales tax:

On a lease in New York where I live, the sales tax is computed on the total of the lease payments, not the negotiated selling price in the lease. This is a huge tax savings.

On the Ford Option, which above I called a "hybrid lease", as you are buying the car, the sales tax will in all probability be on the sale price.

I have been leasing for over 35 years, usually high end cars, the lease to end before the expiration of the warranty. I have had repair experience with German cars out of warranty and the cost of repairs are unbelievable. While I do not think repairs on the MachE after warranty will be expensive, I am truly worried about the resale value.

There are a whole host of BMW's, Audi's and Mercedes out there for less than what I will be paying for the First Edition. I just do not know if the public is ready for a $60,000 Ford BEV or ICE. I am not even sure a Shelby holds its value.

Finally I do not look at leasing or the Ford Option as "owing money": I consider it renting. Financing a car is owing money.

My personal belief is that the Mustang is a Luxury item. I do not believe that one should ever go into debt for a luxury item. Either you can afford it or not. So I would never finance the MachE.

For those reasons I plan to use the Ford Option.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
While I agree with some of what your opinions are on leasing vs purchasing. I differ and I believe Ford Credit would agree that a traditional or hybrid lease is a debt, ergo moneys owed to someone for the length of the contract which in my cases have been 24 or 30 months. I'll speak with the finance people at the dealership and as I posted earlier, make a decision based on the numbers. As an aside AMZN hit an all time high and I have a cost basis of $350 per) so as I previously posted it's not about being able to afford it it's what makes sense based on my personal decision.
And for those reasons I haven't decided on Door # 1 or Door #2

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been leasing for over 35 years.

This is the first year of production: I need to protect myself if there are issues and there usually are with first year of production.

Also as noted on the forums, the cost of manufacturing a BEV vs. an ICE is much less. As the cost of batteries become less, the cost of BEV could tumble - just as computers and all other electronic things have: fax machines, VCR, mobile phones, large screen TV's, etc. etc. In a few years for less money we may see greater range and more technology.

Just look at what has happened to the price of the Tesla S and Tesla Mode 3.

As newer models come out at ever decreasing prices the resale or used values of BEV will come down or even crash.

I do not want to own a potentially rapidly depreciating asset, hence I intend to lease regardless of the residual or the money factor (interest rate). This will be far cheaper in the long run than owning.

On the other hand, if my First Edition becomes a classic and holds its value, I can always buy it by paying off the balloon!

That is called:

• Having your cake and eating it
  • The best of both worlds
2 rules that always have worked out for me...

Buy things that appreciate in value.

Lease things that depreciate in value.

That said, I rarely purchase new vehicles. The Mach E is an exception. I will be going with their 'hybrid' lease option.

I'm not so concerned with the quality. Rather, the improvements in performance,range, and cost are coming so fast and furious, I'm afraid the depreciation will accelerate on the back end of ownership.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
2 rules that always have worked out for me...

Buy things that appreciate in value.

Lease things that depreciate in value.

That said, I rarely purchase new vehicles. The Mach E is an exception. I will be going with their 'hybrid' lease option.

I'm not so concerned with the quality. Rather, the improvements in performance,range, and cost are coming so fast and furious, I'm afraid the depreciation will accelerate on the back end of ownership.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
That's my concern as well Consumer Reports recommends leasing on cars like the MMe because of the rapid changes in technology.

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
Assuming the interest rate is reasonable, there is no downside to the Ford Option:

• At the end, if there is equity in your car, the balloon payment is less than the cars value, you can either buy it or use its value towards the purchase of another vehicle
  • If there is no equity, on a normal lease it is extremely rare for there to be any equity, just return the car
There is a question of the sales tax:

On a lease in New York where I live, the sales tax is computed on the total of the lease payments, not the negotiated selling price in the lease. This is a huge tax savings.

On the Ford Option, which above I called a "hybrid lease", as you are buying the car, the sales tax will in all probability be on the sale price.

I have been leasing for over 35 years, usually high end cars, the lease to end before the expiration of the warranty. I have had repair experience with German cars out of warranty and the cost of repairs are unbelievable. While I do not think repairs on the MachE after warranty will be expensive, I am truly worried about the resale value.

There are a whole host of BMW's, Audi's and Mercedes out there for less than what I will be paying for the First Edition. I just do not know if the public is ready for a $60,000 Ford BEV or ICE. I am not even sure a Shelby holds its value.

Finally I do not look at leasing or the Ford Option as "owing money": I consider it renting. Financing a car is owing money.

My personal belief is that the Mustang is a Luxury item. I do not believe that one should ever go into debt for a luxury item. Either you can afford it or not. So I would never finance the MachE.

For those reasons I plan to use the Ford Option.
Just an FYI - In NJ, sales tax is waived on electric vehicles. I don’t know if NY has a similar program.
Based on the payment estimator for a 60k MSRP, i have compiled the following:
  • current interest rate is 0.9, plus $2,500 incentive for using the Ford Options plan (if qualified).
  • the residual is ~45% on 36 mo 10.5k mi/mo, and ~30% on 48 mo. 10.5k mi/mo
  • going to 12k miles per year reduces residual by ~1%. Its an additional ~1% for 15k miles per year. (Monthly payments increase , of course)
Ford does not offer a lease on this vehicle, only this Options program. I do not know if third-party lease companies would have comparable residuals.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts