Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
685 Posts
This was a huge surprise, I was on the Ford.com site Mustang Mach E financing and found this:
*See dealer for complete Ford Options program details. Ford Options is not available in Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina or Washington, D.C.
I wonder what will be available in Nevada? I would guess it would be a standard 'Red Carpet' lease unless they plan on forcing a purchase only plan in these locations
People are not stupid - especially when a car cost north of $50,000.

People are concerned about resale value, again especially with a car north of $50,000.

So far the only company that has been able to get away with a residual below 58%, 3 years 10,000 miles per year is the Tesla Model Y and I predict that will also change. The Model S and X had residuals above 60% but very, very interest rates.

Once prospective buyers see a residual of less than 55%, again 3 years 10,000 miles per year, they will balk unless there are tremendous incentives.

For example my Ford Edge Sport, MSPR $47,000 leases with no money down and NY State tax included, for $407, 3 years 10,500.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
753 Posts
This was a huge surprise, I was on the Ford.com site Mustang Mach E financing and found this:
*See dealer for complete Ford Options program details. Ford Options is not available in Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina or Washington, D.C.
I wonder what will be available in Nevada? I would guess it would be a standard 'Red Carpet' lease unless they plan on forcing a purchase only plan in these locations
I just called my dealer and spoke with the finance dept. not only did he not have any idea on what will be available since he has no information from Dearborn, he never heard of the Ford Option Plan for the Mach E. He thought it was an incentive which he was quick to point out generally isn't available on new models. This nonsense goes back to other forum threads regarding the lack of communication to anyone of interest on their plans for the Mach E

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just called my dealer and spoke with the finance dept. not only did he not have any idea on what will be available since he has no information from Dearborn, he never heard of the Ford Option Plan for the Mach E. He thought it was an incentive which he was quick to point out generally isn't available on new models. This nonsense goes back to other forum threads regarding the lack of communication to anyone of interest on their plans for the Mach E
My dealer here in NJ (where the options plan is available) had not heard of it either. Of course, he hadn't heard of the NJ EV rebates either.

·
Registered
685 Posts
In Canada we have the standard leasing options, click the calculator on top. Obviously its in Canadian$ https://shop.ford.ca/build/mach-e/#/config/Config[|Ford|Mache|2021|1|1.|300A......PREMIUM AND FIRST EDITION.~YZKAA.99U.]
I think this is still the Ford Option Plan and not a true lease.

Using a base car cost of $60,745 (does not matter if Canadian or US dollars), with no money down, the monthly payment is $1057.

On Ford.com using the calculator, on a MachE with a MSRP of $59,640, with a $2500 incentive, the monthly payment is $968. If we divided the $2500 incentive by 36, that is a savings of $69 a month. Add that back into the $968 and we are up to $1037.

The MSRP of the US car is $1,105 less. Divide that by 36, $30 and add that to the $1037 and you are up to $1,067 within a few dollars of the Canadian "lease price".

Mathematically they are almost identical. That is why I think it is the Option Plan and not a true lease.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think this is still the Ford Option Plan and not a true lease.

Using a base car cost of $60,745 (does not matter if Canadian or US dollars), with no money down, the monthly payment is $1057.

On Ford.com using the calculator, on a MachE with a MSRP of $59,640, with a $2500 incentive, the monthly payment is $968. If we divided the $2500 incentive by 36, that is a savings of $69 a month. Add that back into the $968 and we are up to $1037.

The MSRP of the US car is $1,105 less. Divide that by 36, $30 and add that to the $1037 and you are up to $1,067 within a few dollars of the Canadian "lease price".

Mathematically they are almost identical. That is why I think it is the Option Plan and not a true lease.

It would make sense be ause i could swear that last month the lease was 150$ less

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
It still begs the question on what Ford has planned for Nevada, New Hampshire, No. Carolina and the District. I'll call Dearborn tomorrow if someone has the customer service tele number handy

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
It still begs the question on what Ford has planned for Nevada, New Hampshire, No. Carolina and the District. I'll call Dearborn tomorrow if someone has the customer service tele number handy
I spoke with Dearborn and as amazing as it seems, they have no information on the States where the Options Plan isn't available. The person tried several sources and could not get an answer. She kept saying that maybe in November the dealer would have what would be available. I have never experienced anything like this in my 55 years of vehicle ownership. Why would Ford simply not state under the * Not available..., on Ford.com what arrangement would be available in lieu of the Options Plan in Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and DC. Why would they wait until the vehicles are 'off the line' in Mexico and on their way to the dealerships to decide on how the customer will 'purchase' / finance? My guess and it's strictly a guess is that it will be the 'Red Carpet' Lease which is what I had on the Fusion Energi before I bought the vehicle at the lease end.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I doubt theyll having pricing options. Ford will probably roll out trainings for dealers and pricing info next month before delivering demos and FE's in november.

·
Registered
685 Posts
If it doesn't work for you basically others have calculated that the Mach-e Premium AWD lease will cost 130$ more than the Tesla Y under Ford Options
Not really: I have posted many times that the difference is more like $250 to $300 per month more for the MachE Premium AWD vs. the Tesla Model Y. it is not $130 more.

In US dollars:

Tesla Model Y, 36 months, 10K miles per year, no money down, $633
Premium Model AWD, MSRP $58,800, using Federal tax credit of $7,500 as a down payment, $801 per month, $168 more per month.

Those of us who ordered the First Edition, MSRP $60,800, the monthly payment difference will be $200 a month more for the FE.

But keep in mind taxes: (if you live in state that does not charge tax on EV, NJ for example this will not apply). NY has sales tax on EV.

On the Model Y the taxes in New York will be 8.625% on the sum of lease payments, 36 X $633 = $22,788, tax will be $1966.

The tax on the Premium Model AWD, will be on the purchase price, $58,800, tax will be $5,071.

The additional tax is $3,105 or an additional $86 a month.

This makes the difference $254 not $130.

Finally many states give a tax credit for EV that cost less than $55,000.

Obviously the Tesla would qualify and the MachE Premium AWD LR wound not.

So the actual cost difference is $254, might even be more if the Model Y qualifies for a tax credit and the MachE does not.

·
Registered
93 Posts
No comment other than not available in Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota and DC
Possible that Option Plan does not qualify under the State Laws concerning Financing in those States and Ford had
no choice but to exclude them.

·
Registered
685 Posts
No comment other than not available in Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota and DC
Ford Mustang Mach-E Has An Unusual New Financing Option
Thanks for posting

Nothing new here: Read the comments which say it all: It is a terrible deal.

Article confirms what we on this forum have already surmised: the Ford Option is nothing more than a deferred payment plan.

Let's hope between now and the introduction of the First Edition Ford will come up with a leasing plan.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Possible that Option Plan does not qualify under the State Laws concerning Financing in those States and Ford had
That's my quess since the dealer has never heard of a Balloon Payment financing and Mea Culpa it's North Carolina not Dakota

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
The thing is that as I previously posted the dealer had no info nor did Ford Customer service in Dearborn what will be available in the areas where no Option Plan is available

·
Registered
93 Posts
The thing is that as I previously posted the dealer had no info nor did Ford Customer service in Dearborn what will be available in the areas where no Option Plan is available
I don’t think Ford has any obligation to change their financing plans that are acceptable in 47 of the 50 States.
Maybe those 3 States should re-do their financing laws if they need to.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I don’t think Ford has any obligation to change their financing plans that are acceptable in 47 of the 50 States.
Maybe those 3 States should re-do their financing laws if they need to.
I agree but that would leave only outright purchase in the four areas

41 - 60 of 61 Posts