Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the full list of the Mach-E's interior colors (with pictures).

Which interior choice would you go with? I think the GT's Black Onyx ActiveX with Miko inserts and Copper Metallic stitching is my favorite one.

Black Onyx ActiveX

Light Space Gray Perforated ActiveX

Black Onyx ActiveX with Miko inserts and Copper Metallic stitching

Black Onyx ActiveX with red ST-Line stitching

Black Onyx ActiveX with Grabber Blue stitching

·
Registered
48 Posts
In Europe, only the option with the red stitching (or blue for Grabber Blue First Edition trims) is available out of the above.

For the life of me, I can't understand why Ford decided that Europe isn't worthy of a light colored interior.

Especially in the south, where sunny days are the norm and temperatures in the summer soar, a pitch black interior is a really BAD idea. I won't even talk about what will happen if you combine it with the Pano roof.

Not to mention aesthetics, where I think the light colored interior is a much better suit for a lot of the exterior colors.

It's not even like the car will be built locally, in which case one might think some materials/suppliers might be more expensive and harder to source. They will all be made in the same factory, using the same processes. Why on earth would they not let us buy the interior we like?

And the worst part is, I'd be kind of OK if it wasn't ever a thing, if black was the only option available. But now I've seen it and I can't unsee it! It will be always something I saw and wanted, but couldn't have, for reasons unknown to me.

Any other Europeans that would be willing to start a petition or something, just in case we can convince Ford to undo this mistake? :LOL:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In Europe, only the option with the red stitching (or blue for Grabber Blue First Edition trims) is available out of the above.

For the life of me, I can't understand why Ford decided that Europe isn't worthy of a light colored interior.

Especially in the south, where sunny days are the norm and temperatures in the summer soar, a pitch black interior is a really BAD idea. I won't even talk about what will happen if you combine it with the Pano roof.

Not to mention aesthetics, where I think the light colored interior is a much better suit for a lot of the exterior colors.

It's not even like the car will be built locally, in which case one might think some materials/suppliers might be more expensive and harder to source. They will all be made in the same factory, using the same processes. Why on earth would they not let us buy the interior we like?

And the worst part is, I'd be kind of OK if it wasn't ever a thing, if black was the only option available. But now I've seen it and I can't unsee it! It will be always something I saw and wanted, but couldn't have, for reasons unknown to me.

Any other Europeans that would be willing to start a petition or something, just in case we can convince Ford to undo this mistake? :LOL:
I imagine there's some kind of market research that makes them do that but still you'd think that there'd be a big enough demand for lighter interiors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts