Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone on here that's put in their deposits, are you planning on leasing or financing your Mach-E? I feel like leasing would make the most sense since it's a brand new model and EV, but I've always financed my cars and I usually keep them for a long time. I'm curious to see what people's plans are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve leased my last 5 cars but weather or not I lease a Mach E will depend on residual and money factor. I‘m thinking since it’s a new model they will probably play it conservative on future resale value which won’t make for a good lease, plus American cars seem to not hold their value as well as BMW, etc. We’ll see how things play out though. I‘d like to lease but will do traditional financing if needed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If someone can't afford to pay cash, staying in debt may prevent them from ever paying cash. It is fun. After that, buying investment real estate with cash is the next level of fun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Leasing an EV IMO is a no brainer especially with a tax credit. First, it’s an untested platform and the lease allows the owner an exist strategy. You never have to worry about selling and you only keep the car for the warranty period.

Second, take the credit and apply it to The down payment. This means you front the money and then pay yourself back. You are using the governments money to decrease your payment by $200 a month assuming a 36 month lease.

I would anticipate a $750 per month lease on A GT as an example. Making the new payment now $550. Then factor a $150 a month fuel savings.

·
Registered
36 Posts
And the vast majority of people can’t pay cash. I never do...and yet can. My portfolio made 25% this past year. Stupid to pay cash. Then again, it could lose 25% too.

I am currently car payment free with four cars in this house as I pay them off early.

everyone needs to do what works for them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m in the same camp. Currently leasing a 2018 Ford Fusion hybrid. Took some haggling but got payments where I wanted them. It’s my 4th lease. I financed and have owned my Mustang for over 10 years.
I may decide to lease the Mach E and try using that tax credit for the down or lower monthly payments.
It’s also that peace of mind that goes with having this new platform under warranty for the time of the lease. If I enjoy it enough I’ll look into purchase of a future Mach E

·
Registered
182 Posts
if you lease the tax credit goes to the leasing company anyway.
No, that is not how Ford is structuring the "lease". It is a loan with a balloon payment at the end, which can be satisfied by returning the car. Even if the leasing company got the tax credit, they would likely have to reduce the price of the car by $7500 or no one would take the lease.

·
Registered
17 Posts
0% financing is what i'm after and will wait it out that's what it comes down
if you lease the tax credit goes to the leasing company

No, that is not how Ford is structuring the "lease". It is a loan with a balloon payment at the end, which can be satisfied by returning the car. Even if the leasing company got the tax credit, they would likely have to reduce the price of the car by $7500 or no one would take the lease.
Do you work for Ford Motor Credit.

·
Registered
MME Premium 4X Rapid Red
48 Posts
I will be very curious to see those options . . . while the lower payment sounds attractive, lately I have always purchased and financed as I put about 32,000 miles per year on my vehicle driving to work every day, and trips. That kind of mileage does not work well in a typical lease arrangement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts