Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've ordered and the rate is 0.9 percent with a $1,000 incentive for financing with Ford Credit
So when you order from the dealer, you don't have to specify lease or purchase?
You don't have to decide when you order. Depending on the dealer and region, you can specify financing and lock in a rate if they have an offer. My dealer/region did

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,425 Posts
You don't have to decide when you order. Depending on the dealer and region, you can specify financing and lock in a rate if they have an offer. My dealer/region did
What rate did you lock in? Do you have the financing terms confirmed in writing?

Everyone else in this forum thinks we will have to wait until the cars are actually starting to be delivered.

My dealer was unable to give me any financing or lease terms, but did say if the X-Plan pricing is available he will honor it. He confirmed by email.

But he had no other information about financing and/or the Ford Option Plan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What rate did you lock in? Do you have the financing terms confirmed in writing?

Everyone else in this forum thinks we will have to wait until the cars are actually starting to be delivered.

My dealer was unable to give me any financing or lease terms, but did say if the X-Plan pricing is available he will honor it. He confirmed by email.

But he had no other information about financing and/or the Ford Option Plan.

.9 percent for 48 months. Must be a difference in Ford's region. I have a contract. It also includes the x plan and have provided them the pin number. My order is priority 10

·
Registered
31 Posts
What is priority 10?
When you place your order the dealer get confirmation from Ford and can assign a priority to it. This allows the dealer to come early or late. There still isn't a firm start of production date. Every dealer (EV certified) will get one. I'm the only customer that had a reservation. Also, small town dealer that I've bought cars/trucks from for 50 years.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Others have posted that the .9% is for delivery taken from existing stock/inventory at the dealer - not for the MachE.

I am not saying that you are wrong, but it is hard to imagine how a dealer today can commit Ford Finance to an interest rate for financing 6 months from now.

As I understand it, it is Ford Financing not the dealer who sets the interest rate.

Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,620 Posts
When you place your order the dealer get confirmation from Ford and can assign a priority to it. This allows the dealer to come early or late. There still isn't a firm start of production date. Every dealer (EV certified) will get one. I'm the only customer that had a reservation. Also, small town dealer that I've bought cars/trucks from for 50 years.
Thanks I'll check with my dealer

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not dealing with a salesman

·
Registered
2 Posts
For anyone on here that's put in their deposits, are you planning on leasing or financing your Mach-E? I feel like leasing would make the most sense since it's a brand new model and EV, but I've always financed my cars and I usually keep them for a long time. I'm curious to see what people's plans are.
With the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, it makes much more sense to purchase/finance a Mach-E than it will to lease. If you purchase/finance you are eligible to claim the $7,500 tax credit on your Federal Tax return but if you lease you are not eligible for any tax credit. Unless the leasing company is willing to reduce the capitalized cost of the vehicle by $7,500, you won't get the benefit of the Federal Tax credit if you lease. I most definitely will purchase my First Edition Mach-E, I will not lease it.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,229 Posts
With the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, it makes much more sense to purchase/finance a Mach-E than it will to lease. If you purchase/finance you are eligible to claim the $7,500 tax credit on your Federal Tax return but if you lease you are not eligible for any tax credit. Unless the leasing company is willing to reduce the capitalized cost of the vehicle by $7,500, you won't get the benefit of the Federal Tax credit if you lease. I most definitely will purchase my First Edition Mach-E, I will not lease it.
You're behind the curve on leasing the Mach E @AZCarFan. The only leasing option is the Ford Option program that allows you to claim the $7,500 tax credit. Search this thread or many others for the details.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Ford Credit is offering Mach-E lease rates starting at 3.94% APR on a 36-month lease and a 39-month option at 4.19%. However those rates are apparently for areas like Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Seattle.

If you don't live in a large metro area it could be 5.4% APR on a 36-month lease or 5.65% for 39 months.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Ford Credit is offering Mach-E lease rates starting at 3.94% APR on a 36-month lease and a 39-month option at 4.19%. However those rates are apparently for areas like Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Seattle.

If you don't live in a large metro area it could be 5.4% APR on a 36-month lease or 5.65% for 39 months.

Thanks for posting:

Is this something new or does this refer back to the November 19, 2020 link?

Also: do you know:

• Residual
  • Is the Federal Tax credit used as a cap cost reduction

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Thanks for posting:

Is this something new or does this refer back to the November 19, 2020 link?

Also: do you know:

• Residual
  • Is the Federal Tax credit used as a cap cost reduction
I went to my dealer today for another MACH E TOUR and enquired as to the current Ford Credit finance rate and the Lease rates. Keep in mind that each Region sets it's rates and incentives and Las Vegas is in the Phoenix region. The sales rep. showed me the rate sheet and up to 36 month finance is 0.9% and up to 48 months it's 1.9%. When I looked at the lease rates my eyes glazed over and I told him no way at 5% to 11% based on the length and credit. I never asked about the $7500 or the residual because there's not a 'snowball's chance in hell that I'm paying those rates.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I went to my dealer today for another MACH E TOUR and enquired as to the current Ford Credit finance rate and the Lease rates. Keep in mind that each Region sets it's rates and incentives and Las Vegas is in the Phoenix region. The sales rep. showed me the rate sheet and up to 36 month finance is 0.9% and up to 48 months it's 1.9%. When I looked at the lease rates my eyes glazed over and I told him no way at 5% to 11% based on the length. I never asked about the $7500 or the residual because there's not a 'snowball's chance in hell that I'm paying those rates.
Incentives vary by region, but at this time, the Ford Credit finance rates for the traditional (simple interest) loan on the Mach-E are the same everywhere I've checked.

For Las Vegas, as elsewhere, it is 0.9% for either 36 or 48 months, 1.9% for 60 months, and 3.9% for 72 months.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Incentives vary by region, but at this time, the Ford Credit finance rates for the traditional (simple interest) loan on the Mach-E are the same everywhere I've checked.

For Las Vegas, as elsewhere, it is 0.9% for either 36 or 48 months, 1.9% for 60 months, and 3.9% for 72 months.
Good to know it's countrywide. I must have miss read the VERY tiny print 1.9% for 60 is quite good. Thanks. I really wish that Ford will come up with a better lease deal but given that only three states and DC are effected by the lack of an Option Plan I don't hold out much hope.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Good to know it's countrywide. I must have miss read the VERY tiny print 1.9% for 60 is quite good. Thanks. I really wish that Ford will come up with a better lease deal but given that only three states and DC are effected by the lack of an Option Plan I don't hold out much hope.
Yeah I don't expect the lease will change, at least not in the first half of the year (just my guess). They're really putting a lot of effort into the Options and the lease was a very recent, rushed additional option. (Excepting that, like you've pointed out, Options isn't even an option at all in Nevada or some other places.)

Here in Arizona, Options is an option. The rate is 2.25% for 48 months (though it's effectively higher than that due to the balloon), compared to the 0.9% on the traditional financing. The Phoenix market also gets a $1,000 cash incentive if financing with the Options plan.

For a buyer like myself, who is very unlikely to want to trade out after four years, that's not such a great deal. The lower rate financing is probably the better option.

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
Yeah I don't expect the lease will change, at least not in the first half of the year (just my guess). They're really putting a lot of effort into the Options and the lease was a very recent, rushed additional option. (Excepting that, like you've pointed out, Options isn't even an option at all in Nevada or some other places.)

Here in Arizona, Options is an option. The rate is 2.25% for 48 months (though it's effectively higher than that due to the balloon), compared to the 0.9% on the traditional financing. The Phoenix market also gets a $1,000 cash incentive if financing with the Options plan.

For a buyer like myself, who is very unlikely to want to trade out after four years, that's not such a great deal. The lower rate financing is probably the better option.
For those looking to keep the MMe, the Options has another drawback. If you cannot affort to pay the balloon outright, you have to refinance it. Financing on a used car is much higher than a new one.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I’ve leased my last 5 cars but weather or not I lease a Mach E will depend on residual and money factor. I‘m thinking since it’s a new model they will probably play it conservative on future resale value which won’t make for a good lease, plus American cars seem to not hold their value as well as BMW, etc. We’ll see how things play out though. I‘d like to lease but will do traditional financing if needed.
I sold my 2011 Buick Enclave CXL-2 with 71,000 miles for $13,000 in late 2020. The retail value of my 2014 328d with 51,000 miles is around $15,000 at best. I paid $48,240 for the loaded BMW and $42,155 for the new Enclave. So which vehicle held the value better. The Enclave returned 30.8% of cost after 10 years two months and the BMW has a value of 31.1% after exactly 7 years. Both vehicles in excellent condition. The Enclave had 20,000 more miles.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts