Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
So it looks like the standard models have 18-inch wheels and the GT has 20s. So upgrading to some larger wheels would be step one.

I love these Roush Quicksilver wheels. I wonder if they will make them for the Mach-E.

roush quicksilver wheels

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What modification would you like.
Good question.

I like OEM looking upgrades, especially with stuff that some of us want to happen but won't from the factory.

mustang-mach-e-shelby.jpg

That Mustang Mach-E Shelby is an example. From it, a Shelby inspired aftermarket aero package, aggressive grille and sporty wheels like it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That front/grille is the first thing I'm going to change if an aftermarket fascia becomes available, like that Shelby one above.

I know it will probably be a compromise between range and looks, but personally, I'm willing to sacrifice a few miles to improve that part.

As I've said before, I think it's the only weak spot in the Mach E's looks. Everything else is fantastic, but that front could very well be from a mid-market Nissan or Mazda.

·
Registered
591 Posts
That front/grille is the first thing I'm going to change if an aftermarket fascia becomes available, like that Shelby one above.

I know it will probably be a compromise between range and looks, but personally, I'm willing to sacrifice a few miles to improve that part.

As I've said before, I think it's the only weak spot in the Mach E's looks. Everything else is fantastic, but that front could very well be from a mid-market Nissan or Mazda.
I'm interested to see how easy/difficult it will be to remove the front grille. Hopefully it's not too elaborate.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm interested to see how easy/difficult it will be to remove the front grille. Hopefully it's not too elaborate.
Problem is, there is no grille, to speak of.

It seems to be one piece with the bumper (the upper part), so I expect it to be as easy and complicated as it usually is to remove the bumper. Which is not super difficult, but not super easy either. Probably something most people wouldn't do on their own.

·
Super Moderator
351 Posts
Problem is, there is no grille, to speak of.

It seems to be one piece with the bumper (the upper part), so I expect it to be as easy and complicated as it usually is to remove the bumper. Which is not super difficult, but not super easy either. Probably something most people wouldn't do on their own.
If removed, the black ‘horseshoe’ outlining where a grill would be may allow enough connection-points to put an aftermarket ‘grill cover’. That is, if it doesn’t interfere with the self-driving sensor equipment located behind the bumper cover.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
24 Posts
I will try to put a fake grid in vinyl wrap at the front. This should do the trick for cheap :p

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
24 Posts
Are you going to try and do it or are you going to get someone else to wrap it?
Considering the small area I will probably do it myself. The only thing i'm not sure is the effect at the bottom since there is not a clear demarcation on the select compare to the GT.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Considering the small area I will probably do it myself. The only thing i'm not sure is the effect at the bottom since there is not a clear demarcation on the select compare to the GT.
Exactly what I was thinking myself.

I'm guessing it might not be visible from a distance, but up close it will be very difficult to get it to look perfect without a clear border.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking myself.

I'm guessing it might not be visible from a distance, but up close it will be very difficult to get it to look perfect without a clear border.
That could also depend on what design you go with for with the wrap. I'd imagine some are going to look better than others on the Mach-E.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts