Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoltan Racz - Chief Engineer, In-House Platform for Ford spoke with us about Over-The-Air (OTA) Updates for the Mustang Mach-E at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto.

·
Registered
131 Posts
could barely understand who was speaking and what they were saying. I think he said they can OTA anything, and may consider a range boost like tesla if it makes sense?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had to crank the volume up a bit but they said "anything with a module though can be updated via over-the-air and how we roll that out, whether it's powertrain or anything else will come down the road. They're not going to be something that we necessarily do right away."

·
Registered
178 Posts
With enough demand and pressure from the competition, Ford will do anything to keep the Mach-E selling well enough.

OTA is inevitable

A timeline of when updates could roll out is what i'm really interested in.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was there when this was recorded. Here's what was written in another post about what Zoltan said. (The video is VERY quiet).

Question: Ford has said the Mach-E will have the capability to have over the air updates. What, specifically, will Ford be able to update on the vehicle?

Answer: Ford reps were very careful not to say too much, but Zotlan did say: “Updating driver assist capabilities. Updating the powertrain controller module. Updating your brakes for example. Updating the headlamp module.”

He wouldn’t clarify if that meant adding or taking away range. He did go on to give an example, noting that they could, potentially, improve the regenerative braking algorithms over time to make them more efficient, and then roll that out to all models. In theory, that would improve the car’s real world efficiency and range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts