Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We saw that coming due to COVID-19, but it seems Ford is already confirming the delay to clients.
John Lennon said: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Ironically, the COVID-19 pandemic shows "Beautiful boy" is very accurate for reasons we'd prefer never proven right. Plans have to change, and Ford's for the Mustang Mach-E are no exception. According to messages Norwegian clients are receiving, production will move to June or July instead of May.

see: UPDATE: Ford Mustang Mach-E Production And Deliveries Are Delayed

·
Registered
e-Golf
49 Posts
From the same source:
With that, deliveries will also have to wait a little longer. Manufacturers that work with dealership networks usually start production two to three months before cars are handled to customers. OEMs have to make sure all dealers have the vehicles when it announces clients can go there to check the novelty for themselves.
The message Norwegian clients are getting confirms that: deliveries are expected to begin in November.

I was in februari told by Ford representatives that deliveries would start in november/december

So i am not yet worried:)

·
Registered
585 Posts
According to recent reports, we should roughly see a 2 month delay on the Mach-E and the rest of Ford's new vehicles.

Ford Motor Co.’s launches of three important new models -- the redesigned F-150 pickup, all-new electric Mustang Mach-E and revived Bronco sport-utility vehicle -- will be set back by roughly the amount of time its plants have been idle.

The automaker, which plans to restart North American production May 18, badly needs the profits the vehicles will generate to bounce back from what it predicts will be a $5 billion operating loss this quarter. Ford is doing what it can to minimize the lag caused by its plants being inactive for about two months. Each model had been scheduled to go into production by year’s end, with first sales of the Bronco expected in early 2021.

“We’re not going do any additional delay to these launches beyond the impact of Covid-19 as a mechanism to conserve cash,” Hau Thai-Tang, Ford’s head of product development and purchasing, said Friday at a Bank of America analysts’ conference. “Given our inability to work in the assembly plants during the shelter-in-place restrictions, it will have an impact to program timing, in terms of the launches. But we expect the launch delays to be commensurate with the duration of the shutdown period.”

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
975 Posts
The nice thing about this is we've been hearing November for quite some time and we still are. Fortunately, this "news" isn't new, and it's no worse than we already expected.

·
Registered
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable
12 Posts
Déjà attendons que nos réservations se concrétise en commande officielle, ce sera le point de départ. J'ai réservé une FE le 13/01/20 et même si j'ai le numéro 10035*** j'espère la recevoir avant la fin de l'année

·
Registered
975 Posts
Déjà attendons que nos réservations se concrétise en commande officielle, ce sera le point de départ. J'ai réservé une FE le 13/01/20 et même si j'ai le numéro 10035*** j'espère la recevoir avant la fin de l'année
Google Translate:
“We are already waiting for our reservations to materialize with an official order, this will be the starting point. I reserved a FE on 01/13/20 and even if I have the number 10035 *** I hope to receive it before the end of the year”

This brings up an interesting item with First Edition reservations: some FE reservations were apparently held back for national releases.

According to news stories, the FEs sold out in 9 days:

Ford announced they were sold out in December and provided news of color preferences among FE reservations:

Yet, some countries report First Edition reservations in January coinciding with European launches:
In addition to Berth48's 1/13/20 FE reservation in France, the Worldwide Mach-E reservation tracker shows a 3/14/20 FE reservation in Finland

While the 3/31/20 update of Moose's more extensive reservation sheet shows a 2/10/20 FE reservation in the UK.

I guess "sold out" wasn't quite sold out.

·
Registered
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable
12 Posts
J'imagine que Ford en a gardé volontairement quelques unes pour l'Europe, enfin j'espère et si c'est le cas tant mieux pour moi

·
Registered
e-Golf
49 Posts
I have seen an email with the delay announced...first delevery in the Netherlands early 2021:cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Marcel, that would be a big disappointment😱
Can you share that mail or who is the source?

·
Registered
e-Golf
49 Posts
It is a members only forumpost on Tweakers so i am not comfortable sharing the email, i suspect we will all get this email soon....

Expect Email later today...

'Nederlandse leveringen Ford Mustang Mach-E uitgesteld naar begin 2021'

Google translate:
Dutch deliveries of Ford Mustang Mach-E postponed to early 2021
The Dutch deliveries of the electric Ford Mustang Mach-E have been postponed to the beginning of 2021. Due to the corona virus, production has been postponed, so that the planned deliveries cannot take place at the end of this year. This means that business drivers have to pay more addition.

An anonymous source tells Tweakers that the coronavirus has had a major impact on American Ford factories, delaying production and deliveries of the Mustang Mach-E. When Ford announced the Mustang Mach-E late last year, the manufacturer said it could bring the first electric Fords to the Netherlands this fall. Ford reportedly expects to be able to deliver the EV in the Netherlands in early 2021. It was already clear that Ford could not put the Mustang Mach-E into production until later. For example, Macheforum published an email sent to Norwegian customers stating that deliveries had been postponed to November.

Delaying the electric car mainly has an impact on business drivers. Anyone who puts a car on a license plate in 2020 will pay an additional 8 percent of the first 45,000 euros of the list price over the next five years. However, those who only register an EV in 2021 will pay a 12 percent addition to the first 40,000 euros of the list price for five years. By postponing the Mustang Mach-E, business drivers therefore pay more addition. It is not clear whether Ford will accommodate these customers in this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We saw that coming due to COVID-19, but it seems Ford is already confirming the delay to clients.
John Lennon said: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Ironically, the COVID-19 pandemic shows "Beautiful boy" is very accurate for reasons we'd prefer never proven right. Plans have to change, and Ford's for the Mustang Mach-E are no exception. According to messages Norwegian clients are receiving, production will move to June or July instead of May.

see: UPDATE: Ford Mustang Mach-E Production And Deliveries Are Delayed
Just received an e-mail from Ford Netherlands that the deliveries of the Mach E (incl. First editions) are delayed to Q1 2021. Apparently no Mach E’s will be delivered in Europe in 2020.

·
Registered
e-Golf
49 Posts
We have received the official email....2021:cry:

Google translate Tweakers:

Update: 14:00 - Ford confirms that the Dutch deliveries of the Mustang Mach-E have been postponed. "The corona virus has delayed Ford and its suppliers," said a company spokesperson. The car manufacturer expects to be able to produce the first cars in the United States at the end of this year, after which it will take another four weeks before the Mustang Mach-E is in the Netherlands. The first Dutch cars will only be delivered in the first quarter of 2021.

Ford Netherlands is in talks with Ford Europe 'whether we can offer our customers a helping hand'. The pre-orders of the Mustang Mach-E can be canceled free of charge, according to the spokesman. This may not be the case for customers who converted this pre-order into an order. According to the spokesperson, there were 2,000 customers who ordered the Mach-E for this year's delivery.

·
Registered
650 Posts
German reservation holders (including me) received the mail regarding delivery delays today as well.
Thanks for the update. Sucks though.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

I was just going to suggest you make an intro post and when I went to get the url, I noticed you already had!

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
753 Posts
Dare I say it, I guess that in the case of the North American Continent, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dare I say it, I guess that in the case of the North American Continent, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS
They've committed to US deliveries this year.

·
Registered
975 Posts
They've committed to US deliveries this year.

So far. 🤞

1 - 20 of 26 Posts