Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Rapid Red Metallic looks so much better here than in the other pictures. Does anyone know what its actually like in person?
Rapid Red Metallic is a common color for Ford in many existing vehicles. Just go to any Ford dealership and you'll surely see many on the lot (Escape, Explorer, Edge, F-150, etc).

It does vary quite a bit based on lighting though. It also contains a slight pinkish tint to it that can make it look almost like fingernail polish.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I was at the meeting where the first three pictures were taken. Check out my posting in the Showcase part of this site for more pictures.
Will do. Thanks.
BTW, that early foxbody Mustang of yours is a gem! Would be great for a thread to discuss other cars we own. I'm sure everyone would will love to see it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I visited a Ford dealer last week to check out the color. They had a Ford Ranger outside in the light that was rapid red. It was a GREAT color. It was just as dark as this mustang and looked super in person. I am happy I selected this color.
Yes, I've seen a few RR cars on my dealer's lot, but the color definitely seems to change with the light. In dark or cool/bluish light it is a beautiful dark red. In bright flat light it seems a little lighter/medium color - but still looks good. I really like black as well, but my current and previous mustangs were both black and it's time for a change. I would have loved a kona blue, but the red looks really sexy with the black accents.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's.... kind of pink
It looks that way in the above photos. I saw the Rapid Red on a 2020 Ford Ranger and it was a relatively dark maroon red. See posts #41 and #46 above. #46 matched closer to what I saw and it was shiny metallic.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts