Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a bit about the Jaguar I-Pace and it got me wondering how its specs are compared to the Mach-E.

I didn't realize how similar they are in terms of dimensions. I also wasn't aware of how much of an advantage the Mach-E has for range.

Mustang Mach-E

Staring Price: $43,895
Range: 230-300 miles
Battery: 75.7 kWh or 98.8 kWh
Power: 255 hp & 306 ft-lbs of torque (Standard Range RWD), 255 hp & 429 ft-lbs of torque (Standard Range AWD), 282 HP & 306 ft-lbs (Extended RWD), 333 HP & 306 ft-lbs (Extended AWD)

Jaguar I-Pace

Starting Price: $69,500
Range: 234 miles
Battery: 90 kWh
Power: 394 hp & 512 -ft-lbs of torque

Dimensions (Inches):

·
Registered
14 Posts
For like for like comparison you would need to select Mach E as AWD drive and larger battery pack to get range over the i-pace 234miles.
And for the AWD Mach E with 98kwh battery the range is reduced to 270miles range (not headline 300 which only is for RWD). Cost also rises to $59k. Which still compares well to $69k i-pace (although your power would be 280hp not 394 of i-pace. Uprating to GT 2021 would be more of course - and range shrinks further).
Overall when performance is like for like they are very similar priced and specced - with Mustang slightly cheaper (by 5-10%) .
The benefit Mustang Mach E has an entry level point much lower than i-pace.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For like for like comparison you would need to select Mach E as AWD drive and larger battery pack to get range over the i-pace 234miles.
And for the AWD Mach E with 98kwh battery the range is reduced to 270miles range (not headline 300 which only is for RWD). Cost also rises to $59k. Which still compares well to $69k i-pace (although your power would be 280hp not 394 of i-pace. Uprating to GT 2021 would be more of course - and range shrinks further).
Overall when performance is like for like they are very similar priced and specced - with Mustang slightly cheaper (by 5-10%) .
The benefit Mustang Mach E has an entry level point much lower than i-pace.
Very true Baz, the more you look into it the more impressive the Mach-E is compared to the i-pace. I look forward to seeing a video of both of them being compared.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There were some video reviews out of the initial LA Auto Show where more than one person commented on the interior quality of the Mustang Mach-E being compared favorably to the I-PACE.

Bjorn Nyland's quick take video, he too referenced the I-PACE saying that the Mach-E reminded him of the Jaguar.

If the interior craftsmanship is indeed more akin to something from Lincoln, then I think we are all in for a real treat sitting behind the wheel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bjorn Nyland's quick take video, he too referenced the I-PACE saying that the Mach-E reminded him of the Jaguar.
The only thing he said was that the Mach E is a spacious car and has similar space to the I pace. He said nothing about how the interior quality compares to Jaguar's, or that it reminded him of the I pace in any other way.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The only thing he said was that the Mach E is a spacious car and has similar space to the I pace. He said nothing about how the interior quality compares to Jaguar's, or that it reminded him of the I pace in any other way.
Right. Bjorn also wasn't in Los Angeles at the reveal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I looked at the MME and rode in an iPace at the Washington Auto Show.

There is no question the Jag is a nice ride. It will have more SUV features and better for off road conditions than the MME: higher clearance with air adjustable suspension for a start. It's luxury interior. However, remember the more frequent and more expensive cost of Jag maintenance. I doubt iPace parts will be cheap. Much of it is the same as the other members of the _Pace series. However, lots of goodies require upgrades that take it to the $80K range.

Like all of us, I wish I could have ridden in the MME (or even sat in it). However, Ford is putting a lot of features in the MME that you can't beat for the price, even upgraded to the AWD model.

·
Registered
69 Posts
However, remember the more frequent and more expensive cost of Jag maintenance. I doubt iPace parts will be cheap. Much of it is the same as the other members of the _Pace series. However, lots of goodies require upgrades that take it to the $80K range.
What maintenance are you referring to? The I Pace is probably the cheapest Jaguar to own, ever. One of the beautiful aspects of the Mach E, I Pace, and others is that there isn't much to maintain. A brake fluid flush every two years, a cabin air filter change here and there, an alignment every once in a while...there isn't much to do besides replace the tires you shred from stoplight racing!

I drove an I Pace and was far more impressed by the I Pace than the Audi e-Tron I also drove. The I Pace feels properly fast, offers fairly precise steering, and the interior was nicely finished. But the interior didn't especially blow me away -- I don't think the Mach E is going to be far behind, or even behind at all. And the I Pace felt claustrophobic for some reason, I think it's the roofline? I haven't been in a Mach E yet to compare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i sat in an ipace at the la auto show. definitely a much nicer interior than a tesla - quality leather, surfaces, etc. but yes, agree it felt cramped. had sat in a crv and the crv felt cavernous compared to the ipace.

didn’t get to sit in a mach-e but could peek in and it looks roomier than the ipace for sure. fingers crossed the materials and build quality approach “lincoln” that all the ford execs/marketing people seem to keep saying

·
Registered
21 Posts
well, the iPace is much better than the Tesla S, more interessing than the ETRON. Both are using 30+ kWh on 100 km. both are well designed. the iPace was impressive by the handling. the Tesla was a boring car with a lot of power but that's it.

let's see, how the Mach E will get in.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jaguar apparently has a new electric crossover coming out called the J-Pace, I wonder if it's going to be more of a competitor to the Mach-E.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jaguar apparently has a new electric crossover coming out called the J-Pace, I wonder if it's going to be more of a competitor to the Mach-E.
From what I read, the J-Pace will be a mid-size (or larger) SUV, so no. It will be quite bigger and (I expect) much more expensive.

Also, it hasn't been announced as an EV. I'm sure it will have an electrified version, but it hasn't been confirmed if it will be a full EV or just a hybrid.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I read, the J-Pace will be a mid-size (or larger) SUV, so no. It will be quite bigger and (I expect) much more expensive.

Also, it hasn't been announced as an EV. I'm sure it will have an electrified version, but it hasn't been confirmed if it will be a full EV or just a hybrid.
It hasn't been officially announced by JLR but the J Pace seems to be part of their massive investment towards EVs. As for the size I didn't realize it's going to be bigger.

JLR has already confirmed that the replacement for the Jaguar XJ luxury saloon will be a battery-electric model. However, it’s understood that Castle Bromwich will also produce two more vehicles, both crossovers. Land Rover’s upcoming ‘Road Rover’ will be sold as a pure EV, while the new Jaguar J-Pace flagship will also be built at the plant as an EV.

All three new models are based on the MLA platform, which can be configured with three different types of drivetrain: battery-electric, plug-in hybrid and conventional internal combustion engine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts