Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a bit about the Jaguar I-Pace and it got me wondering how its specs are compared to the Mach-E.

I didn't realize how similar they are in terms of dimensions. I also wasn't aware of how much of an advantage the Mach-E has for range.

Mustang Mach-E

Staring Price: $43,895
Range: 230-300 miles
Battery: 75.7 kWh or 98.8 kWh
Power: 255 hp & 306 ft-lbs of torque (Standard Range RWD), 255 hp & 429 ft-lbs of torque (Standard Range AWD), 282 HP & 306 ft-lbs (Extended RWD), 333 HP & 306 ft-lbs (Extended AWD)

Jaguar I-Pace

Starting Price: $69,500
Range: 234 miles
Battery: 90 kWh
Power: 394 hp & 512 -ft-lbs of torque

Dimensions (Inches):

·
Registered
14 Posts
For like for like comparison you would need to select Mach E as AWD drive and larger battery pack to get range over the i-pace 234miles.
And for the AWD Mach E with 98kwh battery the range is reduced to 270miles range (not headline 300 which only is for RWD). Cost also rises to $59k. Which still compares well to $69k i-pace (although your power would be 280hp not 394 of i-pace. Uprating to GT 2021 would be more of course - and range shrinks further).
Overall when performance is like for like they are very similar priced and specced - with Mustang slightly cheaper (by 5-10%) .
The benefit Mustang Mach E has an entry level point much lower than i-pace.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For like for like comparison you would need to select Mach E as AWD drive and larger battery pack to get range over the i-pace 234miles.
And for the AWD Mach E with 98kwh battery the range is reduced to 270miles range (not headline 300 which only is for RWD). Cost also rises to $59k. Which still compares well to $69k i-pace (although your power would be 280hp not 394 of i-pace. Uprating to GT 2021 would be more of course - and range shrinks further).
Overall when performance is like for like they are very similar priced and specced - with Mustang slightly cheaper (by 5-10%) .
The benefit Mustang Mach E has an entry level point much lower than i-pace.
Very true Baz, the more you look into it the more impressive the Mach-E is compared to the i-pace. I look forward to seeing a video of both of them being compared.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There were some video reviews out of the initial LA Auto Show where more than one person commented on the interior quality of the Mustang Mach-E being compared favorably to the I-PACE.

Bjorn Nyland's quick take video, he too referenced the I-PACE saying that the Mach-E reminded him of the Jaguar.

If the interior craftsmanship is indeed more akin to something from Lincoln, then I think we are all in for a real treat sitting behind the wheel.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bjorn Nyland's quick take video, he too referenced the I-PACE saying that the Mach-E reminded him of the Jaguar.
The only thing he said was that the Mach E is a spacious car and has similar space to the I pace. He said nothing about how the interior quality compares to Jaguar's, or that it reminded him of the I pace in any other way.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The only thing he said was that the Mach E is a spacious car and has similar space to the I pace. He said nothing about how the interior quality compares to Jaguar's, or that it reminded him of the I pace in any other way.
Right. Bjorn also wasn't in Los Angeles at the reveal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I looked at the MME and rode in an iPace at the Washington Auto Show.

There is no question the Jag is a nice ride. It will have more SUV features and better for off road conditions than the MME: higher clearance with air adjustable suspension for a start. It's luxury interior. However, remember the more frequent and more expensive cost of Jag maintenance. I doubt iPace parts will be cheap. Much of it is the same as the other members of the _Pace series. However, lots of goodies require upgrades that take it to the $80K range.

Like all of us, I wish I could have ridden in the MME (or even sat in it). However, Ford is putting a lot of features in the MME that you can't beat for the price, even upgraded to the AWD model.

·
Registered
66 Posts
However, remember the more frequent and more expensive cost of Jag maintenance. I doubt iPace parts will be cheap. Much of it is the same as the other members of the _Pace series. However, lots of goodies require upgrades that take it to the $80K range.
What maintenance are you referring to? The I Pace is probably the cheapest Jaguar to own, ever. One of the beautiful aspects of the Mach E, I Pace, and others is that there isn't much to maintain. A brake fluid flush every two years, a cabin air filter change here and there, an alignment every once in a while...there isn't much to do besides replace the tires you shred from stoplight racing!

I drove an I Pace and was far more impressed by the I Pace than the Audi e-Tron I also drove. The I Pace feels properly fast, offers fairly precise steering, and the interior was nicely finished. But the interior didn't especially blow me away -- I don't think the Mach E is going to be far behind, or even behind at all. And the I Pace felt claustrophobic for some reason, I think it's the roofline? I haven't been in a Mach E yet to compare.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i sat in an ipace at the la auto show. definitely a much nicer interior than a tesla - quality leather, surfaces, etc. but yes, agree it felt cramped. had sat in a crv and the crv felt cavernous compared to the ipace.

didn’t get to sit in a mach-e but could peek in and it looks roomier than the ipace for sure. fingers crossed the materials and build quality approach “lincoln” that all the ford execs/marketing people seem to keep saying

·
Registered
9 Posts
well, the iPace is much better than the Tesla S, more interessing than the ETRON. Both are using 30+ kWh on 100 km. both are well designed. the iPace was impressive by the handling. the Tesla was a boring car with a lot of power but that's it.

let's see, how the Mach E will get in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts