Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You can now decode the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on your 2021+ Mustang Mach-E & Mustang Coupe, or even generate a build sheet using this information from Ford
Ford Mustang Mach-E VIN Decoder

This VIN decoder for the Mustang Coupe confirms the fact that a new 2021 Mustang Mach 1 is on the way!
2021 Mustang Mach 1 VIN

·
Registered
501 Posts
That's cool news about the Mach 1.

Looking at that data, it appears as though there's no more V6. Or is that already the case?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fascinating. These VIN decoders are going to be especially useful to reference years from now when looking at used Mach-E on a dealer lot. You could use this post to know exactly what you are looking at, and confirm that the used car is listed and described accurately. I wish this data was more widely available for other makes and models.

It would also be prudent for all new Mach-E owners to also double-check that their VIN reflects the spec they ordered!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's cool news about the Mach 1.

Looking at that data, it appears as though there's no more V6. Or is that already the case?
Its already the case.

With the 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine producing power and torque (well, almost) like a V6, Ford has no reason to keep it. I even realized this from my own experience driving a 2.3-liter and was amazed at what it could do. So, the V6 wouldn't feel like enough of an upgrade.

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
86 Posts
Any thoughts on what it means by "Extended range battery, Limited Rear primary drive unit, Limited larger Secondary drive unit"? (Engine type "E") Sounds like it is a Mach E GT model. Maybe it could be the base GT and the same spec above it (Engine type "X") would be the GT Performance option?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Any thoughts on what it means by "Extended range battery, Limited Rear primary drive unit, Limited larger Secondary drive unit"? (Engine type "E") Sounds like it is a Mach E GT model. Maybe it could be the base GT and the same spec above it (Engine type "X") would be the GT Performance option?
Interesting point. My interpretation would be that it's saying there are two versions of AWD, one with a smaller front power unit and one with a larger front power unit.
I suspect the GT would use the larger front power unit.

From what I've heard, the GT and GT Performance will have the same power output, just different suspension tuning, tires, etc

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
86 Posts
Interesting point. My interpretation would be that it's saying there are two versions of AWD, one with a smaller front power unit and one with a larger front power unit.

From what I've heard, the GT and GT Performance will have the same power output, just different suspension tuning, tires, etc
The spec shows the options of "Smaller secondary drive unit" (which I assume is the standard AWD option), "Limited larger secondary drive unit" (GT?), and "Larger Secondary drive unit" (GT Performance?). There are performance characteristics that change between the GT and the GT Performance even though they have the same motors. Seems like "Limited" may designate where they have changed the performance characteristics.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Yes that is correct. The non-GT AWD uses a smaller motor in the front compared to the rear. The GT uses the same motor on both ends.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Fascinating. These VIN decoders are going to be especially useful to reference years from now when looking at used Mach-E on a dealer lot. You could use this post to know exactly what you are looking at, and confirm that the used car is listed and described accurately. I wish this data was more widely available for other makes and models.

It would also be prudent for all new Mach-E owners to also double-check that their VIN reflects the spec they ordered!
I agree I wish this stuff was easier accessible too, it would've helped me in the past with other vehicles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can now decode the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on your 2021+ Mustang Mach-E & Mustang Coupe, or even generate a build sheet using this information from Ford
View attachment 1122

This VIN decoder for the Mustang Coupe confirms the fact that a new 2021 Mustang Mach 1 is on the way!
View attachment 1124
@machstang say hi to the folks coming over from Electrek or InsideEvs. maybe even teslarati

1 - 17 of 17 Posts