Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
A lot of great info here, thanks for the heads up!

Ford Options Program:

Mustang Mach-E Lease Residuals36 months48 months
Select RWD 3P39%32%
Select AWD 3P39%32%
California Route 1 RWD 4P41%34%
Premium RWD 3P40%33%
Premium RWD 4P41%34%
Premium AWD 3P40%33%
Premium AWD 4P41%34%
First Edition AWD 4P41%34%
GT AWD 4P39%32%

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,145 Posts
A lot of great info here, thanks for the heads up!

Ford Options Program:

Mustang Mach-E Lease Residuals36 months48 months
Select RWD 3P39%32%
Select AWD 3P39%32%
California Route 1 RWD 4P41%34%
Premium RWD 3P40%33%
Premium RWD 4P41%34%
Premium AWD 3P40%33%
Premium AWD 4P41%34%
First Edition AWD 4P41%34%
GT AWD 4P39%32%
If EVBITE is accurate in the 'States' where the Options plan is not available the only way to get the tax credit will be purchase of the Mach. When I leased my Fusion the Federal Tax Credit was used to reduce the cost basis of the lease. I hope that Ford Credit applies the same incentive to the Mach E Red Carpet.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
If EVBITE is accurate in the 'States' where the Options plan is not available the only way to get the tax credit will be purchase of the Mach. When I leased my Fusion the Federal Tax Credit was used to reduce the cost basis of the lease. I hope that Ford Credit applies the same incentive to the Mach E Red Carpet.
Also is the 4P/3P 'on top of' the 41% residual?

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
This appears to be amazing cowardice on behalf of Ford's leasing arm. With over the air updates and improvements the cars should hold value pretty well. Tesla's experience with model 3 shows extraordinary resale values on the first cars reaching 3 years, some as high as 90%.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,802 Posts
This appears to be amazing cowardice on behalf of Ford's leasing arm. With over the air updates and improvements the cars should hold value pretty well. Tesla's experience with model 3 shows extraordinary resale values on the first cars reaching 3 years, some as high as 90%.
If they can sell rather than lease, then there is no reason for Ford to assume the risk of depreciation inherent in a lease.

On the other hand, there is no reason for me as a buyer to assume the risk of depreciation, when Ford does not have confidence in their product. A lease by Ford demonstrates Ford's confidence in their product.

I believe there will be an initial rush for the first MME, but let's see how strong the sell through is. If a portion of the reservations/orders are not converted into sales and MME's remain on the dealer's lots, then Ford to move the MME will either have to offer incentives or a competitive lease.

Remember on both the Model 3 and Y, Tesla did not offer a lease. But when Tesla wanted to boost sales, they were compelled to offer leases. But with only 20,000 MME slated for the US in 2021, offering a lease may not be necessary for Ford.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Partly because the perception is that the cool kids drive Teslas and gramps drive Fords.
Unfair? Incorrect? Yes...
Even Ford's coolest car, the GT500 is perceived as a hillbilly shine runner around my parts (greater NYC metro area).
Perception is reality and preconceptions are hard to overcome and the desirability of a vehicle weighs on the resale value.
I have many family + friends who are smart, good people who would consider it a minor life failure if they had to drive a Ford. Ford needs to overcome the coastal elitist perception. Maybe the MME will do that over time but right now, their accountants have to deal with it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts