Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,425 Posts
Maybe you’re being facetious, but clearly I’m not suggesting customers are investors in the literal sense. Those who bought the first iphone accepted some risk that the iphone would flop or not hold its value, but they believed in Apple and they wanted to take part in a new and innovative product. That’s my point.
I am not being facetious: When Tesla asks $10,000 for FSD, that does not exist, the buyer is supporting the developmental costs of FSD which normally is borne by stock holders as owners.

When you are willing to overpay for a MME because you want to enhance innovation and development, you are doing what normally investors in a company do. Ford has shifted the cost of development to its customres.

The iPhone was a $1000 investment. To compare that to a $50,000 plus car is a false equivalency. I just spent over $1000 on a pair of skis that I know if 3 years I will have to replace. That is totally different then spending $50,000 on the MME.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am not being facetious: When Tesla asks $10,000 for FSD, that does not exist, the buyer is supporting the developmental costs of FSD which normally is borne by stock holders as owners.

When you are willing to overpay for a MME because you want to enhance innovation and development, you are doing what normally investors in a company do. Ford has shifted the cost of development to its customres.

The iPhone was a $1000 investment. To compare that to a $50,000 plus car is a false equivalency. I just spent over $1000 on a pair of skis that I know if 3 years I will have to replace. That is totally different then spending $50,000 on the MME.
You’re missing my point, which was about the risk of depreciation when a new product comes to market, not upfront value. I think the MME is priced competitively, but that’s my opinion.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You’re missing my point, which was about the risk of depreciation when a new product comes to market, not upfront value. I think the MME is priced competitively, but that’s my opinion.
\
and the only way to protect against the "risk of depreciation" is with a lease.

Think about this: When Ford refuses to offer a competitive lease, they are in fact saying they are not sure of the product they have manufactured. They are not confident that the product they are producing will hold its value.

At some point we should be asking ourselves: If the manufacturer is not willing to stand behind its product, why are we?

·
Registered
235 Posts
At some point we should be asking ourselves: If the manufacturer is not willing to stand behind its product, why are we?
Resale value is important when buying a car but its just one factor. Depends on how one uses the car. For low to average mileage driver who plans to keep the car seven years, it's probably not a factor at all.

For people who put mileage on a car and look at 3-4 years turnover with 100k miles, then the resale value becomes more important. I'm in that category so the low residual amount the Ford has for the MachE is a bigger issue.

We need to be realistic though as EV's are evolving quickly so an EV three years from now is going to be lot better, more range, battery life, putting downward pressure on today's EV's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
\
and the only way to protect against the "risk of depreciation" is with a lease.

Think about this: When Ford refuses to offer a competitive lease, they are in fact saying they are not sure of the product they have manufactured. They are not confident that the product they are producing will hold its value.

To say Ford is not “standing behind its product” is a bit unfair. Clearly you want a competitive lease which Ford is not offering at this time, but IMHO you’re being overly negative. My order is made and I cannot wait to own and drive my MME. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
We need to be realistic though as EV's are evolving quickly so an EV three years from now is going to be lot better, more range, battery life, putting downward pressure on today's EV's.
100%! Exactly and the only way to protect oneself is to lease!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most people when they lease go for a roughly 3-year plan. I am wondering in the case of the Ford Options plan should a person go for a 48-month option. One benefit I see is that in the case when you return the car in 48 months, you can swap to a newer model which may be refreshed from the original. Most manufacturers refresh after 3 years from the new vehicle. If you return the car in 3 years the car may not be refreshed. On the other hand, you have to wait one extra year. What do you think?
I’d like the 36 month option. It sound like a good way to keep the car for 3 years and decide if I want to keep it longer.
I spoke with my Ford dealer about it. The finance manager asked “me” for information about the Ford Option Plan. Now he is telling me that he has not been able to get any info about the “incentive/rebate” for Florida. Is there official info about the Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash Program? Thx.

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
I’d like the 36 month option. It sound like a good way to keep the car for 3 years and decide if I want to keep it longer.
I spoke with my Ford dealer about it. The finance manager asked “me” for information about the Ford Option Plan. Now he is telling me that he has not been able to get any info about the “incentive/rebate” for Florida. Is there official info about the Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash Program? Thx.
From Ford.com (I really cannot understand how hard this is for dealers to find):
  • Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash Program #13896: $2,500.00 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 03/31/2021. See dealer for complete details.
  • Ford Options APR Program #21220:Actual price and payments may be different due to local rebates, specials, fees, and credit qualifications. Consult your dealer for actual price, payments, and complete details. 2.25%

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
From Ford.com (I really cannot understand how hard this is for dealers to find):
  • Ford Options Retail Bonus Cash Program #13896: $2,500.00 Ford Credit Bonus cash requires Ford Credit financing. Not all buyers will qualify. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 03/31/2021. See dealer for complete details.
  • Ford Options APR Program #21220:Actual price and payments may be different due to local rebates, specials, fees, and credit qualifications. Consult your dealer for actual price, payments, and complete details. 2.25%
That is the same where I live on Long Island: For the Option Plan: $2,500 incentive; interest 2.25%.

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
That is the same where I live on Long Island: For the Option Plan: $2,500 incentive; interest 2.25%.
I’m just a few miles from you, I think the plans are regional.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,620 Posts
By the time that you "back Easterners" get all of your Tax credits, Rebates, X Plan Discounts and numerous other Incentives the dealer will be "cutting you a check" which can then go to paying your MD for Frost Bite therapy. :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
By the time that you "back Easterners" get all of your Tax credits, Rebates, X Plan Discounts and numerous other Incentives the dealer will be "cutting you a check" which can then go to paying your MD for Frost Bite therapy. :ROFLMAO:
And the snow flurries are still falling by me :/

·
Registered
12 Posts
Attached find the Ford Options Calculator my local Ford dealer used today. I was surprised with a 58% residual.
I plan to drive 12k miles per year and put down payment of 18k.
With excellent credit 5.4% and high balloon payment on the 36th payment.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
Attached find the Ford Options Calculator my local Ford dealer used today. I was surprised with a 58% residual.
FYI - tell the dealer about the Ford Options APR Program #21220. If you qualify, it lowers the interest to 2.25%.
There may also be a regional incentive of $1000-$2,500 for Ford Options the dealer can look for.

Ford’s disclaimer: Actual price and payments may be different due to local rebates, specials, fees, and credit qualifications. Consult your dealer for actual price, payments, and complete details.

Reactions: JTK44

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's a very interesting residual. The paper my dealer flashed me showed 46%. I ultimately decided to put some money down and take advantage of the 0.9% interest rate (48 months). I know I'm taking a risk on the residual, but I've already signed, so que sera, sera!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That's a very interesting residual. The paper my dealer flashed me showed 46%. I ultimately decided to put some money down and take advantage of the 0.9% interest rate (48 months). I know I'm taking a risk on the residual, but I've already signed, so que sera, sera!
The residual of 58% was not for the Option Plan. It was for the Lease.

Remember when you see “residual“ that means LEASE.

When you see “balloon” that means OPTION PLAN.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts