Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
this is confusing, because when you go to the ford website and build your car, for instance my dealer leasts a price adjustment of around $4k, And the final price reflects that when you build your car.. So why is that different? FYI, I did get a guarantee for MSRP plus xplan.

·
Registered
388 Posts
this is confusing, because when you go to the ford website and build your car, for instance my dealer leasts a price adjustment of around $4k, And the final price reflects that when you build your car.. So why is that different? FYI, I did get a guarantee for MSRP plus xplan.
This was an abandoned order being sold by the dealer, and $10K markup is just goofy. I'm guessing the dealership wanted to keep it around as a showroom queen for a while but Ford wants these on the streets.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You might have some luck reaching out to Ford about it and showing that tweet from Mike Levine.

·
Registered
867 Posts
You might have some luck reaching out to Ford about it and showing that tweet from Mike Levine.
NO my dealership already agreed in writing MSRP and xplan so I'm good. It's just puzzling to me why ford would allow dealer markup on the ford ordering page and not allow adm. I mean agree 10k is a crazy number but MSRP is manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price.

·
Super Moderator
2,904 Posts
I think this is to protect those that have ordered the cars at MSRP from being strong-armed out of the deal, in order for the dealer to sell it with a markup.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,376 Posts
I originally reserved my MMe on line and listed Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas as my dealer. On 26 June 2020 when I received the notification to convert to an order the "accepted dealer price" listed on the web site was MSRP + $5000 ADM. I contacted Ford to change my dealer to Friendly Ford of Las Vegas no ADM and they accepted the X Plan (Gaudin refused) and lo and behold when I checked back on line Gaudin had removed the ADM. They "gave it a shot" and lost the deal and a customer I had previously bought my Fusion Energi from Gaudin.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mike Levine from Ford wants people to reach out to him if they see other dealers adding ADM to their Mach-Es.

Mike Levine is just blowing smoke out his a**. Ford does want the MME in owners hands but at the same time the dealers can charge any ADM they want. Why doesn't Ford stop ADM on all models? Because they can't. There are lists on all the forums of dealers not adding ADM and accepting x-plan pricing. Take your business to the good dealers. 10k is excessive and most ADMs are in the 3 to 5k range. This is just part of the old fashioned dealer network we have been living with and all brands do it. Try finding a new C8 Vette at list or a Shelby GT 500.Take your business to the non-greedy dealers. I got my FE at MSRP with x-plan discount.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Mike Levine is just blowing smoke out his a**. Ford does want the MME in owners hands but at the same time the dealers can charge any ADM they want. Why doesn't Ford stop ADM on all models? Because they can't. There are lists on all the forums of dealers not adding ADM and accepting x-plan pricing. Take your business to the good dealers. 10k is excessive and most ADMs are in the 3 to 5k range. This is just part of the old fashioned dealer network we have been living with and all brands do it. Try finding a new C8 Vette at list or a Shelby GT 500.Take your business to the non-greedy dealers. I got my FE at MSRP with x-plan discount.
You're technically correct - but - if Ford wants to stop dealers from adding ADM to the Mach E as a means to get customers to abandon preorders it is absolutely able to call those dealers up and tell them they're cutting their allotment of Broncos/F150s/etc.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You're technically correct - but - if Ford wants to stop dealers from adding ADM to the Mach E as a means to get customers to abandon preorders it is absolutely able to call those dealers up and tell them they're cutting their allotment of Broncos/F150s/etc.
I can see your point and have no problem with it. I'm against ADMs and at the same time no person is forced to give their money away. A little homework will find the good dealers out there. Now if I was an ADM dealer I would just get one of my lawyers and take Ford to court for unfair business practices. My argument?, Ford is allowing ADMs on their speciality vehicles and not trying to stop it. My dealer is a no ADM on MMEs and at the same time in the showroom a Shellby GT500 for 20K ADM! To me it's either ADM or no ADM on any vehicle.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,948 Posts
I can see your point and have no problem with it. I'm against ADMs and at the same time no person is forced to give their money away. A little homework will find the good dealers out there. Now if I was an ADM dealer I would just get one of my lawyers and take Ford to court for unfair business practices. My argument?, Ford is allowing ADMs on their speciality vehicles and not trying to stop it. My dealer is a no ADM on MMEs and at the same time in the showroom a Shellby GT500 for 20K ADM! To me it's either ADM or no ADM on any vehicle.
Call a lawyer over an ADM. You got to be kidding.

Do you homework and only work with a dealer who honors X-Plan and if they accept X-Plan there can be no ADM.

If a dealer wants ADM, walk away and let another less knowledgeable person pay it. As the saying goes: "If you miss this bus, do not worry: There will be another one here in 10 minutes"

As I posted, the MME is not like cancer that if you fail to operate you die.

Let's put this in perspective and not forget: We are talking about a car - nothing more and nothing less. We can all live with or without the MME. No reason to "get bent out of shape" about ADM or a dealer refusing X-Plan

·
Registered
867 Posts
THis whole ADM thing is kind of silly. If you build a car on the ford app. after you've selected a dealer and built the car it will tell you MSRP and "dealer selling price". In my case my dealer was adding around $4k. I spoke with the GM at the dealer and secured confirmation of xplan and msrp .

Calling a lawyer because a dealer is adding ADM, unless contracted otherwise he's fully within his rights to do that. THe consumer has the right to walk away from a deal.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Call a lawyer over an ADM. You got to be kidding.

Do you homework and only work with a dealer who honors X-Plan and if they accept X-Plan there can be no ADM.

If a dealer wants ADM, walk away and let another less knowledgeable person pay it. As the saying goes: "If you miss this bus, do not worry: There will be another one here in 10 minutes"

As I posted, the MME is not like cancer that if you fail to operate you die.

Let's put this in perspective and not forget: We are talking about a car - nothing more and nothing less. We can all live with or without the MME. No reason to "get bent out of shape" about ADM or a dealer refusing X-Plan

I may not have been clear in my post but it was in answer to pca371 that Ford could hold back on allotments to dealers who have ADMs. Dealer would just have to show Ford allows ADMs on their cars. I was not stating an individual call a lawyer over an ADM.

·
Registered
286 Posts
THis whole ADM thing is kind of silly. If you build a car on the ford app. after you've selected a dealer and built the car it will tell you MSRP and "dealer selling price". In my case my dealer was adding around $4k. I spoke with the GM at the dealer and secured confirmation of xplan and msrp .

Calling a lawyer because a dealer is adding ADM, unless contracted otherwise he's fully within his rights to do that. THe consumer has the right to walk away from a deal.
You missed this line in my post: (Now if I was an ADM dealer I would just get one of my lawyers and take Ford to court for unfair business practices). This was in answer about Ford holding back allotments to ADM dealers.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Just my $.02:

I ordered the FE thinking it would be First Production it was not.

I am on my second Ford Edge both of which I have leased and the leases are exceptional.

Based on my two prior experiences with RCL from Ford I just assumed that the RCL on the FE would also be extremely competitive. It was not.

I did not get angry: I got even. I told the dealer I was not taking delivery of the FE because there was no competitive lease. I am happy. I assume the dealer has sold my FE to someone else and he too is happy.

Everyone is happy.:):):)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is pretty interesting to see. A dealer in Illinois had a Mach-E marked up by $10,000 and according to Mike Levine, Ford North America Product Communications manager the markup was removed by Ford.

Hopefully this happens with more dealers.

I was just quoted a $10,000 dealer markup above MSRP from Koons Ford in Silver Spring, MD. What’s the deal, Mike Levine?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I was just quoted a $10,000 dealer markup above MSRP from Koons Ford in Silver Spring, MD. What’s the deal, Mike Levine?
Why even bother?

There are thousands of dealers, mine included, who are happy to sell you a MME, including the FE, honoring X-Plan.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts