Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ford has just revealed what the Mach-E GT Performance Edition will look like and what the specs will be.

Customers who have already reserved the Mustang Mach-E GT will have the opportunity to add the Performance Edition package at time of ordering in spring 2021. Mustang Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition will be available late next summer.

• 0-60 in 3.5 seconds
  • 480 hp (358 kW)
  • 634 lb.-ft. of torque (860 newton-meters)
  • EPA-estimated range of 235 miles.
  • 19-inch front brakes with red-painted Brembo calipers
  • 20-inch machined-face Ebony Black-painted wheels
  • 245/45R20 Pirelli summer tires
  • MagneRide damping
  • Colors: Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat, Dark Matter Gray Metallic, Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Star White Metallic Tri-Coat, Grabber Blue Metallic, Shadow Black, Iconic Silver Metallic and Space White Metallic.

DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 1, 2020 – Targeting a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds1, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition joins the Mustang Mach-E GT stable, making an already-fast electric pony even quicker.

Pumping out 480 horsepower (358 kilowatts) and 634 lb.-ft. of torque (860 newton-meters2), Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition delivers more torque, grip and better handling by drawing more power from its battery pack and targets an EPA-estimated range of 235 miles3.

“We already pushed the envelope by creating an electric vehicle with the pony badge, so it’s only natural that we push it even further,” said Darren Palmer, global director, battery electric vehicles, Ford Motor Company. “Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition not only gives you the added performance you expect from the GT name, but accentuates the thrill with the responsiveness of an all-electric powertrain.”

Offering more than just added “oomph,” the Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition features sportier components including 19-inch front brakes with red-painted Brembo® calipers as well as 20-inch machined-face Ebony Black-painted pockets paired with 245/45R20 Pirelli summer tires and MagneRide® damping that helps to improve handling performance.

With the driver in mind, the front seats are Ford Performance-sculpted with Performance Gray ActiveX material featuring metallic stitching and unique Miko perforated reflective inserts. The instrument panel is enhanced by a unique aluminum appliqué, while the rear of the vehicle sports a Performance Edition GT badge.

Both Mustang Mach-E GT and Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition will be available in signature Mustang colors including Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat, Dark Matter Gray Metallic, Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Star White Metallic Tri-Coat, Grabber Blue Metallic, Shadow Black, Iconic Silver Metallic and Space White Metallic.

Reserve the Mustang Mach-E GT here. Customers who have already reserved the Mustang Mach-E GT will have the opportunity to add the Performance Edition package at time of ordering in spring 2021.

Mustang Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition will be available late next summer.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well now it's a true Mustang!

One of the true hallmarks of a Mustang is the practice of upselling. Bullitt, Mach I, GT350, GT350R GT500, etc...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not upselling as all those are limited editions.
Call it what you will. Underlying idea is to drive additional revenue streams out of a platform.

That said, Ford has a long ways to go before they get to Dodge levels. I lost track of how many versions of the Challenger there are.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,213 Posts
634 ft.lbs. of torque, I hope that Ford glues the ETC button in the always on position. I had 550 ft lbs in the CTS V and the rear end with the ETC on did everything that it could to get in front.

·
Super Moderator
1,822 Posts
634 ft.lbs. of torque, I hope that Ford glues the ETC button in the always on position. I had 550 ft lbs in the CTS V and the rear end with the ETC on did everything that it could to get in front.
You see a lot of videos with sports-car take-off fails where the driver loses control. It will be interesting to see how it handles.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,213 Posts
You see a lot of videos with sports-car take-off fails where the driver loses control. It will be interesting to see how it handles.
I had the opportunity to have a track day on Caddy and with the ETC on it was virtually impossible to 'drift' the car. However, without it on even doing what was 'technically correct' to counter a spin out was all but impossible because of the torque. The lower CoG due to batteries may help the MMe GT without the ETC on.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Some stats for the Shelby GT500:
Price: $73,995​
Engine: 5.2L Supercharged V8​
Transmission: Seven-speed dual-clutch Automatic​
Horsepower: 760 hp (567 kW)
Torque: 625 lb-ft (846 N-m)​
0-60 mph: 3.5 seconds
Top Speed: 180 mph​

For the MME GT Performance Edition:
Price: ???​
Horsepower: 480 hp (358 kW)​
Torque: 634 lb-ft (860 N-m)
Top Speed: ???

I don't think mass market ICE sports/muscle cars may not be around for much longer. I can't imagine what an MME platform with a real coupe roadster body bolted on along with the associated weight reduction might be capable of.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The best news so far has been that GT gets Active Driver Assist 2.0 prep package as optional, but not knowing the final price makes it difficult to decide if GT is worth it, considering the range reduces quite a lot to 235 mi for performance edition. Btw, full specs comparison is available here: https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I don't think mass market ICE sports/muscle cars may not be around for much longer. I can't imagine what an MME platform with a real coupe roadster body bolted on along with the associated weight reduction might be capable of.
That's a race I really want to see happen.

·
Registered
Model 3 -> Mach-E First Edition
120 Posts

Not to mention, the Shelby literally gets 12 MPG. There's no comparison between the two, the Mach-E would be my choice no matter if it cost more/less/the same.

I would really like to see the "actual" Mustang go BEV very soon too.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Not to mention, the Shelby literally gets 12 MPG. There's no comparison between the two, the Mach-E would be my choice no matter if it cost more/less/the same.

I would really like to see the "actual" Mustang go BEV very soon too.
I think there's always going to be petrol heads who crave a more "analog" experience but they're not necessarily in it for the performance. I too love the experience of a inline 6 or a v8 mated to a manual spinning the real wheels through a limited slip differential. I could easily see ICE cars becoming enthusiast/hobby items in my lifetime.

·
Registered
Model 3 -> Mach-E First Edition
120 Posts
I think there's always going to be petrol heads who crave a more "analog" experience but they're not necessarily in it for the performance. I too love the experience of a inline 6 or a v8 mated to a manual spinning the real wheels through a limited slip differential. I could easily see ICE cars becoming enthusiast/hobby items in my lifetime.
The classics will be, for sure.

I don't think there will be enough enthusiasts to keep them in production 20 years from now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The classics will be, for sure.

I don't think there will be enough enthusiasts to keep them in production 20 years from now.
ICE bans will be here soon. UK banning by 2030 and the EU on the books for 2050. California ban starts in 2035. Look for the US to follow suit in the future also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts