Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 FE Carbonized Gray
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the update for 12v battery issue but surprise this morning i had dead battery. Hopefully that little bug is not back, not sure why battery would be dead though.
The app. say they should arrive by 8pm? WTF So i call they say 1 hour they will be there. hour and half pass. nothing. Call for update they say 35 minutes and send a txt for 35 minutes. 45 min pass tried calling direct to provider, would ring and lady answer phone say please hold, after 5 min would ring again and she would answer and say please hold. This happened several times so figured they are not going to answer. Call Ford back after waiting on hold the provider will be here in another hour. Just got a text they will be here in an hour. I have had to call 4x due to dead battery and every time it is over 4 hours before they arrive.
I have called triple which i have to do every time due to road side not showing up in timely manner. Seems Triple A has already called back to let me know they are on the way. The only time i get update from Ford is when i call. After i get a text telling me what ever the Ford rep told me. I am glad i have triple a but should not have to call them when i need help.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,225 Posts
Had the update for 12v battery issue but surprise this morning i had dead battery. Hopefully that little bug is not back, not sure why battery would be dead though.
The app. say they should arrive by 8pm? WTF So i call they say 1 hour they will be there. hour and half pass. nothing. Call for update they say 35 minutes and send a txt for 35 minutes. 45 min pass tried calling direct to provider, would ring and lady answer phone say please hold, after 5 min would ring again and she would answer and say please hold. This happened several times so figured they are not going to answer. Call Ford back after waiting on hold the provider will be here in another hour. Just got a text they will be here in an hour. I have had to call 4x due to dead battery and every time it is over 4 hours before they arrive.
I have called triple which i have to do every time due to road side not showing up in timely manner. Seems Triple A has already called back to let me know they are on the way. The only time i get update from Ford is when i call. After i get a text telling me what ever the Ford rep told me. I am glad i have triple a but should not have to call them when i need help.
I have AAA Premium, primarily for my '63 T'Bird, and for me it is the ONLY service that I will call for exactly the reasons that you and several others have posted. If it will be a long wait, they tell you and if it gets longer, they update.

·
Registered
2021 FE Carbonized Gray
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have AAA Premium, primarily for my '63 T'Bird, and for me it is the ONLY service that I will call for exactly the reasons that you and several others have posted. If it will be a long wait, they tell you and if it gets longer, they update.
yes i agree. The ford provider updates when i call back in. i needed an update before i called. Triple a has also be pretty accurate on the time they will be here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had exactly the opposite experience when the 12v battery issue bricked my First Edition yesterday. Both the Ford roadside assistance and the Ford dealer provided top notch services. The tow driver arrived exactly on time. The dealer replaced the battery within hours, after first giving me a ride home.

In order to get the dead FE out of my garage the tow truck driver used his suitcase sized jumper pack to get it powered up and out of the garage. He then followed me to the dealer after I decided to take a chance and drive it; when I turned it off in the dealer’s service lane, it bricked again.

I’ve read about others having this bricking problem, but I thought a software update had resolved it. Obviously not. I am not confident replacing the 12v battery has permanently fixed the problem. A 12v battery life of less than a year is intolerable. Any new information on this?

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,225 Posts
I had exactly the opposite experience when the 12v battery issue bricked my First Edition yesterday. Both the Ford roadside assistance and the Ford dealer provided top notch services. The tow driver arrived exactly on time. The dealer replaced the battery within hours, after first giving me a ride home.

In order to get the dead FE out of my garage the tow truck driver used his suitcase sized jumper pack to get it powered up and out of the garage. He then followed me to the dealer after I decided to take a chance and drive it; when I turned it off in the dealer’s service lane, it bricked again.

I’ve read about others having this bricking problem, but I thought a software update had resolved it. Obviously not. I am not confident replacing the 12v battery has permanently fixed the problem. A 12v battery life of less than a year is intolerable. Any new information on this?
Good to know on the tow service since it gives me an alternative to AAA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Isn’
In order to get the dead FE out of my garage the tow truck driver used his suitcase sized jumper pack to get it powered up and out of the garage. He then followed me to the dealer after I decided to take a chance and drive it; when way I turned it off in the dealer’s service lane, it bricked again.

I’ve had the exact same problem. Brick in the driveway one day, Ford dealer after a week said it was the 12V battery so they replaced it. I had the software updates the week prior when I brought it in for the windshield repair Where I was also told them all kinds of weird things were happening with charging and the battery. It would drop 75 miles of charge sitting in the driveway. They didn’t believe me. The next day I got a warning fault notice when I started the car but it went away so I figured it must have been taken care of by the new software (or more likely I was in denial it was the same problem and didn’t want to deal with it. Wishful thinking). Now a week later my car is a brick again, ford roadside is 2.5 hours late with absolutely no contact at all. i had read that it was a software fault causing the 12v problem but that’s not what my dealer said. My state has a new car lemon law and you’d better believe I’ll be persuing that option soon. By the way mine was manufactured in Feb 2021.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As far as service and assistance, Ford should do exactly what Tesla does and everything would be great…we also have a Tesla, so I can say this based on my own experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts

My 2021 Mach-e (1550 miles on the odometer) bricked on the highway two days ago (4.18.22). It is the same 12v battery issue that is plaguing owners all over the country. Obviously the issue is still not fixed. Car towed to the closest dealership 35 miles away. Service manager said they have had "several" cars in with the same problem. He has no idea when a replacement battery will be available. My confidence in the car is totally shot.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just had to use Roadside Assistance in Canada as we were on a long distance run and I arrived at the Fast Charger Petro Canada again in Winnipeg and it was inop. Used the roadside assistance app and had a call back in 10 Mins with the flat bed truck there in 35 mins off to a Flo Charger and then back on the road in -26C weather.

·
Registered
2021 FE Carbonized Gray
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just had to use Roadside Assistance in Canada as we were on a long distance run and I arrived at the Fast Charger Petro Canada again in Winnipeg and it was inop. Used the roadside assistance app a
nd had a call back in 10 Mins with the flat bed truck there in 35 mins off to a Flo Charger and then back on the road in -26C weather.
If it was like that most often would be great! Glad it was goid service for you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts