Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted it here as well

Here's an email Ford just sent to dealers.

The bad news is, it looks like only "some" vehicles will arrive this year.
The good news is, several thousand will be being shipped before year end!

"With great anticipation we are thrilled to share that the first 21MY Mustang Mach-Es are shipping from the plant and heading their way to your dealership for customer deliveries. We are projecting a couple thousand will be released for shipping this year and anticipate some vehicles will arrive by the end of this year. Please note Retail Customers will receive automatic email alerts on their vehicle status from Produced, Shipped and Estimated Delivery or they can view status via their account on Ford.com. Dealers can check status through vehicle visibility. As customers begin to arrive to take delivery of these first Mustang Mach-E units, there are three very important Pre-delivery items we want to remind you of: Ensure that the vehicle is at 100% state of charge at time of delivery Leave time prior to delivery for pre-conditioning of the vehicle to ensure that the battery has the opportunity to reach optimal range and performance state while still on the charger. Also, do not forget to remind the customer of the benefits of pre-conditioning their vehicle via the setting of departure times through the FordPass App or the in-vehicle SYNC4A touchscreen. Click here to access a Frontline article that serves as a good refresher on battery management. In order to ensure accurate battery and range readings re-set the vehicle’s driver history settings through the SYNC4A touchscreen. Follow these steps to do so: From the home screen tap the vehicle icon in the top left corner > Settings > Vehicle > EV Diving History Reset At day of delivery please reference the “Know Before You Go” guide – click here – to ensure the customer gets the fully connected vehicle experience. See EFC 08700 for Further Launch Support Initiatives from FCSD."

·
Registered
905 Posts
Too bad they just said "some" and didn't provide specifics. Looks like we'll have to discover those details among ourselves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It seems like both MME Premiums and 1st editions are the focus right now. As a 1st Edition order I can’t help but feel slightly disappointed that I might only receive my order slightly earlier than everyone else. It really makes me consider changing my order to a Premium and saving myself $3000. My order was was supposed to be in production a month ago and still nothing. I know that Covid has added some delays, but I was still expecting to receive my 1st edition before any Premiums where out there.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,132 Posts
Too bad they just said "some" and didn't provide specifics. Looks like we'll have to discover those details among ourselves.
It seems like both MME Premiums and 1st editions are the focus right now. As a 1st Edition order I can’t help but feel slightly disappointed that I might only receive my order slightly earlier than everyone else. It really makes me consider changing my order to a Premium and saving myself $3000. My order was was supposed to be in production a month ago and still nothing. I know that Covid has added some delays, but I was still expecting to receive my 1st edition before any Premiums where out there.
It would seem that the MME will be delivered with 100% charge, not the recommended 80%

FE: This has been discussed before: When I placed my order for the First Edition, I naturally assumed FE meant "First Production" so I was willing to pay originally $1600 more than a Premium AWD LR, assuming I would have the car months ahead of everyone else. With the price decreases that $1600 premium has grown to $3600 and worse yet some Premiums will have actually arrived before the First Edition and some Selects will arrive at the same time as the First Edition

If Ford had labelled the car "Special Edition", as it turns out to be, I would not have bothered and like you I am not happy to say the least that others will get their MME before I get my FE.

Without getting the First Edition before the other models, to me the cosmetics differences on the FE vs. the Premium are barely worth an extra $1600 but certainly not $3600 more.

With some cars arriving "by the End of the year" when will Ford disclose:

• Complete details on the Ford Option Plan, including interest rates and the size of the balloon?
  • Details on financing?
  • Lease details?
  • incentives, if any
Hard to take delivery without knowing the above.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I agree that "First" doesn't seem like the right word here. I am also slightly disappointed.

It is possible, although not likely, that the FE will have slightly more resale value in a few years, but I'm not counting on it.

I do like the lack of black paint on the wheel wells, but it is pretty expensive, all things considered.

I have just decided that life sucks and changing it is too much work. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Probably at the most 10 cents on the dollar.
Unlikely

Guys I'm confused on what the first edition has over premier other than some cosmetic differences. Anything tangible?

There are a few dealers locally that are telling me they have FE cars coming in for sale, not customer ordered vehicles. They are the minority and most have premier models in route. Maybe you guys can help me understand as I thought they were also sold out in pre-order.

Thanks!

J

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Unlikely

Guys I'm confused on what the first edition has over premier other than some cosmetic differences. Anything tangible?

There are a few dealers locally that are telling me they have FE cars coming in for sale, not customer ordered vehicles. They are the minority and most have premier models in route. Maybe you guys can help me understand as I thought they were also sold out in pre-order.

Thanks!

J
I have ordered the FE:

There is no mechanical difference. The differences are strictly cosmetics:

• First Edition door plates
  • Red painted brake calipers
  • color coordinated wheel moldings and outside mirrors
  • metal brake and accelerator
  • red/blue stitching on seats
  • aluminum dash insert
There are a few others, but again only cosmetics.

Unlike almost everyone else on this Forum, I am not surprised that dealers will have them for sale: It is hard to justify an additional $3,600 above a LR AWD Premium for these cosmetic changes.

Originally the difference was only $1600 vs. the Premium AWD LR and the premise that the FE would precede the other models in delivery. Then came the price reductions and the difference has grown to $3,600 and the FE will not be first production. I suspect many of the ordered FE have been canceled and will be on the dealer's lots being discounted.

FYI, on both this Forum and the macheclub.com over 2 months ago, I indicated that without a competitive lease, I will not be taking delivery of my Rapid Red FE and if anyone was interested in my car to contact me.

So far not one person, I repeat not one person has contacted me. So much for demand for the FE!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have ordered the FE:

• aluminum dash insert

Unlike almost everyone else on this Forum, I am not surprised that dealers will have them for sale: It is hard to justify an additional $3,600 above a LR AWD Premium for these cosmetic changes.

Originally the difference was only $1600 vs. the Premium AWD LR and the premise that the FE would precede the other models in delivery. Then came the price reductions and the difference has grown to $3,600 and the FE will not be first production. I suspect many of the ordered FE have been canceled and will be on the dealer's lots being discounted.

FYI, on both this Forum and the macheclub.com over 2 months ago, I indicated that without a competitive lease, I will not be taking delivery of my Rapid Red FE and if anyone was interested in my car to contact me.

So far not one person, I repeat not one person has contacted me. So much for demand for the FE!
Thanks for the info! I certainly like the red and the grabber blue which I think is only available in FE at this time.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thanks for the info! I certainly like the red and the grabber blue which I think is only available in FE at this time.
The rapid red is available in the premium but not the grabber blue.

My wife absolutely vetoed the grabber blue and I do not like it as well.

Personally, I prefer a car that blends in more, like silver but that color was not available on the FE:

Do not know how the police will react when you are going 70 in a 65 zone if your car is either red or blue: In silver you go unnoticed - under the "radar" so to speak!

·
Registered
905 Posts
It would seem that the MME will be delivered with 100% charge, not the recommended 80%

FE: This has been discussed before: When I placed my order for the First Edition, I naturally assumed FE meant "First Production" so I was willing to pay originally $1600 more than a Premium AWD LR, assuming I would have the car months ahead of everyone else. With the price decreases that $1600 premium has grown to $3600 and worse yet some Premiums will have actually arrived before the First Edition and some Selects will arrive at the same time as the First Edition

If Ford had labelled the car "Special Edition", as it turns out to be, I would not have bothered and like you I am not happy to say the least that others will get their MME before I get my FE.

Without getting the First Edition before the other models, to me the cosmetics differences on the FE vs. the Premium are barely worth an extra $1600 but certainly not $3600 more.

With some cars arriving "by the End of the year" when will Ford disclose:

• Complete details on the Ford Option Plan, including interest rates and the size of the balloon?
  • Details on financing?
  • Lease details?
  • incentives, if any
Hard to take delivery without knowing the above.
Thanks for the info.
I bet by the end of Q1 2021 Ford will announce those and more, especially with all the virtual auto industry events happening around that time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have ordered the FE:

• aluminum dash insert

I've ordered the ER AWD MME in The Netherlands and that should be the premium model in the US.
Not to disappoint you but this model (which is not a FE) also has:
  • red (not blue though) stitching on seats
At least in Europe the difference between FE and the premium model is mainly the Grabber Blue and blue stitching afaik.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've ordered the ER AWD MME in The Netherlands and that should be the premium model in the US.
At least in Europe the difference between FE and the premium model is mainly the Grabber Blue and blue stitching afaik.
Was there a "First Edition" and if so how is it different than your ER AWD ME?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was there a "First Edition" and if so how is it different than your ER AWD ME?
Yes, the first edition was also available here and is basically the ER AWD with the technology+ package and grabber blue with blue stitching (and some FE logos) afaik.
Pricewise it's also the same as the FE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts