Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Fastor Charge" is the name of Ford's Supercharger network as it seems and the form describes it as an "apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electricity, namely, charging stations for electric vehicles; batteries for vehicles; accumulators and chargers for vehicle batteries."

ford-ev-electric-supercharger-network-01.JPG

ford-ev-electric-supercharger-network-02.JPG

ford-ev-electric-supercharger-network-03.JPG

·
Registered
774 Posts
Very interesting choice in the name. I don't know why they'd spell faster with an O though. Since this was filed in 2018 I wonder if this is still going to be a part of Ford's charging plan. Great find @machstang.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strange name.

Kind of like their "Go Further" slogan.

Farther is for distance. Further is more of a psychological measurement... so it's an interesting play on words.
It might be Ford's way to have the name be memorable, by being strange.

·
Super Moderator
1,194 Posts
Fast stor(age) charging.
maybe a tell that the system will store power in batteries to reduce peak-hour load? Maybe more than a tell, it uses the word “accumulate “ in its description.

Interestingly, it lists the original filing date as 2018-July-10. So this has been in the works for a while. It is just now being made public for anyone to oppose the trademark claim.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Fast stor(age) charging.
maybe a tell that the system will store power in batteries to reduce peak-hour load? Maybe more than a tell, it uses the word “accumulate “ in its description.

Interestingly, it lists the original filing date as 2018-July-10. So this has been in the works for a while. It is just now being made public for anyone to oppose the trademark claim.
I didn't think of that when I saw the name, that would make a lot of sense. What I'm trying to figure out is if this is for home chargers or if it's for public ones like Tesla or Electrify America.

·
Super Moderator
1,194 Posts
I didn't think of that when I saw the name, that would make a lot of sense. What I'm trying to figure out is if this is for home chargers or if it's for public ones like Tesla or Electrify America.
I really hope it’s their own network of fast charging. We need more non-proprietary plugs out there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fast stor(age) charging.

Dang, that's a good guess. Curious to see what they intend with this because a charging network of their own makes no sense now, not with a bunch of other DCFC providers out there carving up the market. At the most, Ford just needs to do a deal with providers to give MME owners preferred rates.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Dang, that's a good guess. Curious to see what they intend with this because a charging network of their own makes no sense now, not with a bunch of other DCFC providers out there carving up the market. At the most, Ford just needs to do a deal with providers to give MME owners preferred rates.
Ford's going to have a lot on their plat if they want to partner with Electrify America and start their own network.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm just going to put this out there: the only surety is that there was a trademark filing in 2018. Ford is under absolutely no obligation to actually use that trademark for anything. The minuscule cost to file a trademark is very different from actually pumping billions into creating a nationwide/worldwide network of thousands of stations. For all we know they completely abandoned the idea 2 years ago and decided the EA partnership was the right way to go.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
990 Posts
Fast stor(age) charging.
Isn't that one of the features of the Electrify America systems? I recall in one of the videos they talked about having a storage system that allowed faster charging than the electrical input accommodates as a way to more affordably increase charging rates.

·
Super Moderator
1,194 Posts
they invested heavily in Electrify America. But they are also putting chargers in all their dealerships.

I wouldn’t mind a separate Ford network. the more, the better, Since most States do not have anywhere near enough chargers available.

·
Registered
774 Posts
they invested heavily in Electrify America. But they are also putting chargers in all their dealerships.

I wouldn’t mind a separate Ford network. the more, the better, Since most States do not have anywhere near enough chargers available.
As long as they can charge the Mach-E, it doesn't really matter to me whose name is on the side of the charger.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Isn't that one of the features of the Electrify America systems? I recall in one of the videos they talked about having a storage system that allowed faster charging than the electrical input accommodates as a way to more affordably increase charging rates.
Yes,

Electrify America is building out solar chargers that have an output of 4.28 kW from the solar panels for the 32-kWh storage. Of course, the great thing about this is, its independent from the grid.

I just hope its dependable enough because what we really need are details on what real-world usage is like

·
Registered
4 Posts
You're overthinking it. Fords primary customers are country folk who would who tend to replace -er with -or. Once the first Ford e-truck eventually shows up (this e-stang is just a ladies suv) the truck still needs to be cuntree or thay aint gon like it if that chevys fastor than their ford.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts