Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Mustang Mach-E, SYNC 4 "was so buggy that the handlers hovering around the car kept stopping people from tapping the screen. The only place people could try to interact with Sync 4 was at a single standalone kiosk in the next hangar over, which — along with the rest of the event — closed a little more than one hour after the onstage action wrapped up." That was during the during the global unveiling and it doesn't help that Sync problems like this and other extend to production vehicles that have been on the road for many years. Should we be concerned? Has anyone here tried the infotainment system out for themselves?

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
87 Posts
That was an early beta version that Ford admitted was not ready for prime time. We'll see what it looks like when they actually start delivering cars. Thankfully, a buggy system can be updated over the air so hopefully problems will be fixed quickly.

·
Registered
237 Posts
In the Mustang Mach-E, SYNC 4 "was so buggy that the handlers hovering around the car kept stopping people from tapping the screen. The only place people could try to interact with Sync 4 was at a single standalone kiosk in the next hangar over, which — along with the rest of the event — closed a little more than one hour after the onstage action wrapped up." That was during the during the global unveiling and it doesn't help that Sync problems like this and other extend to production vehicles that have been on the road for many years. Should we be concerned? Has anyone here tried the infotainment system out for themselves?
I don't have much concern at all. I certainly wouldn't want my customer to see our beta drops of our software.

Sync seemed good, MFT was horrible (although worked very well for me personally), I have no idea about SYNC3. SYNC4 is a long way from release. No matter what, there are going to be a percentage of people with problems. That's just SW.

·
Super Moderator
2,698 Posts
I don't have much concern at all. I certainly wouldn't want my customer to see our beta drops of our software.

Sync seemed good, MFT was horrible (although worked very well for me personally), I have no idea about SYNC3. SYNC4 is a long way from release. No matter what, there are going to be a percentage of people with problems. That's just SW.
Sync 3 is excellent. It does everything it’s designed to do, and well. It has OTA updating (when you configure to your home wifi). I only hope Sync 4 is just as smooth, and all the other customization stuff doesn’t gum up the works. Sync4 is a feature i am looking forward to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts