Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Native Android

Votes: 4 44.4%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Google embedded version of Android Auto instead of Ford's SYNC system can improve our infotainment experience. Volvo's first electric vehicle runs it and might be a good example of what we can expect in the future. Would anyone here prefer that Ford goes this route and ditch the SYNC system completely?

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
87 Posts
A Google embedded version of Android Auto instead of Ford's SYNC system can improve our infotainment experience. Volvo's first electric vehicle runs it and might be a good example of what we can expect in the future. Would anyone here prefer that Ford goes this route and ditch the SYNC system completely?

It all comes down to features. Ultimately, it would probably be an easier interface for those that are Android literate if the interface was Android Auto. A bigger feature set on Sync could make adding the Sync learning curve worthwhile. If you say all features are equal, Android would get the nod for me.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,024 Posts
I use an iPhone and expect Android Auto would be awful for iPhones. Not interested. When a car just uses Android Auto it's an immediate turn off for me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
A Google embedded version of Android Auto instead of Ford's SYNC system can improve our infotainment experience.
How do you know that? We haven't even used SYNC 4 yet?
Would anyone here prefer that Ford goes this route and ditch the SYNC system completely?
With SYNC 4, we get the option with Android Auto or Apple Carplay. As a user of Youtube TV (on the free trial at the moment), Google Fi, and a Google Pixel (the google made phone), I know all too well Google's half-support of and non-commitment of things.

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts

i prefer Ford’s approach, users choice for native Ford, Apple Carplay, or android auto. Best of all, with Sync 4 you are supposed to be able to use a mix of native ford and your phones apps simultaneously.
and i also can’t stand Google as a company, so i steer clear. I don’t even have a gmail account.

·
Registered
109 Posts
SYNC 3 v 3.0 works great. I will give Ford a chance on SYNC 4. They have been at this for a long time and have ditched the original MSFT system. If you want to see a crappy interface, try using the jerky Lexus mouse system. Consumers Reports called it an ergonomic mess.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you know that? We haven't even used SYNC 4 yet?

With SYNC 4, we get the option with Android Auto or Apple Carplay. As a user of Youtube TV (on the free trial at the moment), Google Fi, and a Google Pixel (the google made phone), I know all too well Google's half-support of and non-commitment of things.
Being such a nontraditional approach in the automotive world, it has the potential to I think. Volvo might be an example of that which I'll be looking into as more comes out. Along with what SYNC 4 that could make us forget about alternatives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts