Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

An early Merry Christmas to y'all!

Summary of the trims/prices below. Please note the prices are starting at prices (without tax incentives) and the range estimate is with an optional range extender (no pricing on that yet)

• Select ($43,895): 5.5 0-60, 230 mile range, AWD or RWD, 18 Inch Wheels
  • Premium ($50,600): 5.5 0-60, 300 mile range, AWD or RWD, 19 Inch Wheels
  • California Route 1 ($52,600): 6.5 0-60, 300 mile range, AWD, 18 Inch Wheels
  • First Edition ($59,900): 5.5 0-60, 270 mile range, AWD, 19 Inch Wheels
  • GT ($60,500): 3.5 0-60, 235 mile range, AWD, 20 Inch Wheels

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Initial thoughts:

1.) I don't see door handles (at least on the rear doors)
2.) Grabber Blue is not available on the GT model
3.) The first edition is only $600 less, despite being a good 2 seconds slower (0-60 time)
4.) The range estimates have fine print that states the range is quoted with an optional extended battery. That means those starting at prices are going to jump even higher.
5.) Even with the extended range battery, the GT's range takes quite a hit compared to the other trims.
6.) The Select trim will be a good starter point for many people wanting to get into an EV.

I know these things sound a bit negative, but I guess I am a tad surprised. I thought Ford was going to give Tesla a run for it's money. I think the Model Y beats on range, and matches on price and performance (at least on 0-60). However, that price advantage disappears when Ford sells another 100k EVs. The Mach E is more attractive, in my opinion though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kind of disappointed that the Model Y has it beat 0-60 in the regular model (4.8-5.5 sec) and the performance model Y is comparable to the GT. Basically first edition you have to pay $16000 more than the standard for an optional color, 18-19 inch wheels, brake calpers and stitching. Without the range extender (which would add more $), the model Y has better range. And at least in NY because the MSRP is over 60000 for the GT, you loose $1500 in rebates. The only appeal I have is that $7500 tax credit and it looks better than the Y. Am I wrong here?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of disappointed that the Model Y has it beat 0-60 in the regular model (4.8-5.5 sec) and the performance model Y is comparable to the GT. Basically first edition you have to pay $16000 more than the standard for an optional color, 18-19 inch wheels, brake calpers and stitching. Without the range extender (which would add more $), the model Y has better range. And at least in NY because the MSRP is over 60000 for the GT, you loose $1500 in rebates. The only appeal I have is that $7500 tax credit and it looks better than the Y. Am I wrong here?

Close. So it looks like First Edition and GT both have the range extender included in pricing. Also the First Edition comes with AWD vs RWD. The First Edition is basically fully loaded while the Select is missing some other options (360 camera, automated driving/parking assist, better stereo, etc.).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Close. So it looks like First Edition and GT both have the range extender included in pricing. Also the First Edition comes with AWD vs RWD. The First Edition is basically fully loaded while the Select is missing some other options (360 camera, automated driving/parking assist, better stereo, etc.).
It does say the select and the premium has the option of AWD but I have to assume that would increase the price for those models. Where did you see the options for the First Edition vs the Select? That would explain the significant price difference in the Select vs the Premium or First Edition.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does say the select and the premium has the option of AWD but I have to assume that would increase the price for those models. Where did you see the options for the First Edition vs the Select? That would explain the significant price difference in the Select vs the Premium or First Edition.
There was an options/features list by trim level on the website.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm impressed with the 8 year, 100k mile warranty. I wonder what Ford offers on its other models and if this is similar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own Tesla Model S for 6 years and have nothing but praise about the car, performance, less maintenance, OTA updates and I can go on. It will be very difficult for me to buy another ICE car. I plan to replace my Model S next year and have been watching all the compact SUV development/projects by different manufacturers, Model Y, e-tron Q4, VW ID, etc. Now the Mach E came up and is very nice looking SUV compared to Model Y. I don't know too much about Ford cars and in particular, Mustang in terms of quality and reliability. Anyone can share your experience ?

St00k: 8 year/100K warranty is not for the battery but the vehicle. The base warranty is 3yrs/36K. Tesla has the similar warranty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Initial thoughts:

1.) I don't see door handles (at least on the rear doors)
2.) Grabber Blue is not available on the GT model
3.) The first edition is only $600 less, despite being a good 2 seconds slower (0-60 time)
4.) The range estimates have fine print that states the range is quoted with an optional extended battery. That means those starting at prices are going to jump even higher.
5.) Even with the extended range battery, the GT's range takes quite a hit compared to the other trims.
6.) The Select trim will be a good starter point for many people wanting to get into an EV.

I know these things sound a bit negative, but I guess I am a tad surprised. I thought Ford was going to give Tesla a run for it's money. I think the Model Y beats on range, and matches on price and performance (at least on 0-60). However, that price advantage disappears when Ford sells another 100k EVs. The Mach E is more attractive, in my opinion though.
its

1 - 15 of 15 Posts