Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
MME, Infinite Blue, Premium, RWD, ER.
Some of the earliest deliveries got an extra $250 as a compensation for delayed delivery. At least that鈥檚 how I got my extra $250 馃槂

Registered
I also started with as you did with 500kWh. Do you know why?
The email I got from Ford said it was for extra quality checks. My production date was 28-Jan-2021 and It arrived at the dealer 28-Mar-2021. I thought that was a long time but I'm still reading from posters about delays, delays, delays. Chips now I guess.

Registered
Confirming from personal experience. When I've used EA it's reported a $0.00 charge and the usage has hit my kwh balance. When I've used other networks (Blink, EVGo), I've been billed on the CC I have on file with Ford.

So it seems to me Plug and Charge works (most of the time) on any DCFC provider in the Blue Oval network but the complimentary kWh balance is depleted only by EA use.

Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
Confirming from personal experience. When I've used EA it's reported a $0.00 charge and the usage has hit my kwh balance. When I've used other networks (Blink, EVGo), I've been billed on the CC I have on file with Ford.

So it seems to me Plug and Charge works (most of the time) on any DCFC provider in the Blue Oval network but the complimentary kWh balance is depleted only by EA use.
Oh, mlhunt856, that is interesting. That's new news to me. The simple Plug & Charge has never worked on a network other than EA for me. So, please share if you have ever had the true "plug & charge" experience work on a network other than just Electrify America. So, what I mean specifically is, were you ever able to use Blink or EVGo without doing anything other than plugging in your Mach-E? Hence you did nothing on your smartphone, just plugged-in and walk away and it worked (just like when you do that on the EA charger)? Very interested, this would be great news.

Registered
Oh, mlhunt856, that is interesting....
Yeah, I can confirm it worked correctly at least a couple times. I plugged in and it began charging. But at the time I thought the free credit applied to any Blue Oval charge so I was surprised when I got notification that my card had been charged. That's why I remember.

I don't use public charging very often and usually use EA. But it definitely worked as plug and charge at least twice. One was a Chargepoint station and the other was either a Blink or an EVGo, don't remember which.

Of course I've also had a couple more times where it didn't plug and charge and asked me for account creds/credit card when I plugged in. I've also seen instances where there was some confusion between Ford and the operator as to whether to plug in first or select/activate the EVSE station in FordPass first, do it one way and it works, do it the other way and it doesn't.

In my limited experience only the EA stations pretty consistently do the plug and charge thing. The other networks are hit or miss, sometimes it works seamlessly, sometimes it doesn't and you have to futz around with it.

Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
Yeah, I can confirm it worked correctly at least a couple times. I plugged in and it began charging. But at the time I thought the free credit applied to any Blue Oval charge so I was surprised when I got notification that my card had been charged. That's why I remember.

I don't use public charging very often and usually use EA. But it definitely worked as plug and charge at least twice. One was a Chargepoint station and the other was either a Blink or an EVGo, don't remember which.

Of course I've also had a couple more times where it didn't plug and charge and asked me for account creds/credit card when I plugged in. I've also seen instances where there was some confusion between Ford and the operator as to whether to plug in first or activate the EVSE first, do it one way and it works, do it the other way and it doesn't.
Well, this is very good news. This is progress that "the plan" might be starting to work. Of course the goal of the Blue Oval network was that the Plug & Charge experience would be available at all vendors' (those who joined Blue Oval) charging stations for our Mach-Es when plugged in. Originally it only worked at EA, and while you could use the FordPass app on the smartphone to initiate sessions with other networks (rather than use the network's app) you could not get Plug & Charge. If Plug & Charge is even hit or miss at ChargePoint or EVGo right now, that might certainly be forgivable if this gets better and soon is robustly dependable. I believe the Mach-E is the only EV (other than Tesla) to have the Plug & Charge experience working well. And only recently it was just on Electrify America, much like Tesla is only on the Tesla network. We can then of course "move on" to asking Ford about whether the Blue Oval fee on the ChargePoint network is equal or more expensive than using the Chargepoint app via a private Pass+ account etc. Lol.

Registered
Well, this is very good news. This is progress that "the plan" might be starting to work. Of course the goal of the Blue Oval network was that the Plug & Charge experience would be available at all vendors' (those who joined Blue Oval) charging stations for our Mach-Es when plugged in. Originally it only worked at EA, and while you could use the FordPass app on the smartphone to initiate sessions with other networks (rather than use the network's app) you could not get Plug & Charge. If Plug & Charge is even hit or miss at ChargePoint or EVGo right now, that might certainly be forgivable if this gets better and soon is robustly dependable. I believe the Mach-E is the only EV (other than Tesla) to have the Plug & Charge experience working well. And only recently it was just on Electrify America, much like Tesla is only on the Tesla network. We can then of course "move on" to asking Ford about whether the Blue Oval fee on the ChargePoint network is equal or more expensive than using the Chargepoint app via a private Pass+ account etc. Lol.
Agree. I think they're working on it. It's just like all the other EV stuff Ford has going on--FordPass, Sync/OTAs, order and general user account management, implementing single-sign-on for Ford User and Ford Credit, etc.--they are understaffed, didn't realize they would need a lot more devs/dbas/network admins etc. than they hired early on. I've heard CEO Farley basically admit as much in interviews. I think they're working on it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts