Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
715 Posts
I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: Volkswagen ID 4 owners will receive unlimited free charging Volkswagen ID 4 owners will receive unlimited free charging

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
From the article:

"Any person who goes home with a new ID 4 will receive three years of unlimited, free charging across the Electrify America charging network. Electrify America is a Volkswagen Group subsidiary, so the deal makes a lot of sense. "
I believe I read somewhere that the MachE will be two (2) years of free charging. Can anyone confirm

·
Registered
582 Posts
From the article:

"Any person who goes home with a new ID 4 will receive three years of unlimited, free charging across the Electrify America charging network. Electrify America is a Volkswagen Group subsidiary, so the deal makes a lot of sense. "
I believe I read somewhere that the MachE will be two (2) years of free charging. Can anyone confirm
2 years of membership in the Ford charging network, not free charging. You do get 250kwh of free charging though, so if you only charge once a year its free for 3 years

·
Registered
715 Posts

According to the article, for the first two years there is no charge for the Ford Pass which permits you to use Electrify America. I assume during that 2 year period you get a total of 250 KW of power.

After two years does anyone know what the Ford Pass cost and if you do not have the Ford Pass what is the extra cost in using Electrify America?

Assuming the MachE LR AWD gets 3 miles per KW, (88 KW battery 270 miles range)that is a grand total - let's hear the drum roll - of 750 miles of driving! That is no more than 2 or 3 trips.

Unfortunately, IMHO, that pales in comparison to the free charging for three years, without limitation, that VW is offering with the ID 4.

Certainly not enough reason to switch from the MachE to the VW ID 4, but after a while those perks start to add up.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Still, many car companies are providing 2-3 years of DCFC charging. We received that for our Leaf. Ford will be left behind the curve if they don't up their offering.
Since the announcement of the MachE in the Fall of 2019 so many things have changed;

• Several new manufacturers and models of BEV
  • New BEV from old line manufacturers
  • New pricing and leasing from Tesla
That is why I have posted that I had hoped that the MachE would have "leaped frogged" the Tesla.

The BEV is a constantly moving target: what is "cutting edge" today will be normal in 6 to 9 months. It seems that "Moore's Law" applies.

The fact is that unlike an ICE, a BEV is not as complex, is easier to make and after the cost of the battery, which is getting less and less expensive, cheaper to make.

In order to be competitive when the MachE is finally available, I predict Ford will have:

• Real leases, not the Ford Option Plan
  • Incentives
  • Very inexpensive finance rates
  • Free charging
  • Free maintenance for 3 or 4 years
Possibly other things to make the buying experience better.

Beginning this fall, starting with the VW Id4, there will be real competition in the BEV market.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since the announcement of the MachE in the Fall of 2019 so many things have changed;

• Several new manufacturers and models of BEV
  • New BEV from old line manufacturers
  • New pricing and leasing from Tesla
That is why I have posted that I had hoped that the MachE would have "leaped frogged" the Tesla.

The BEV is a constantly moving target: what is "cutting edge" today will be normal in 6 to 9 months. It seems that "Moore's Law" applies.

The fact is that unlike an ICE, a BEV is not as complex, is easier to make and after the cost of the battery, which is getting less and less expensive, cheaper to make.

In order to be competitive when the MachE is finally available, I predict Ford will have:

• Real leases, not the Ford Option Plan
  • Incentives
  • Very inexpensive finance rates
  • Free charging
  • Free maintenance for 3 or 4 years
Possibly other things to make the buying experience better.

Beginning this fall, starting with the VW Id4, there will be real competition in the BEV market.

From your lips to Dearborn's ears, all would be a real deal but I'll settle for incentives and low finance rates

1 - 10 of 10 Posts