Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello electric Mach E fans.
i orderd an AWD 75 kwh with technology pack plus In Lucid Red. my first Red car after having a lot of other decent colors. It was a gesture to convince my wife to choose an al electric car, she has some range-anxiety.. its a lease car. i currently drive a Phev and have already a wallbox on my drive way. I drive a lot of electric km’s and hate it when the ice kicks in. I charge allways at home and on my work. Sometimes i charge at a destination but the PHEV isn’t a fast charger on AC. With Chademo it gets about 25 kwh.
i choose the Red Mach E over a Tesla because a lot of electric cars in my neighborhood are black and bleu Tesla’s... i liked the looks of the mach E better, so be a red Pony in a world of gray Tesla’s.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. It seems like lots of folks are picking the Mach-E because everyone has a Tesla now.

Can you add your reservation number to our list here

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t know of a reservation number. It is a company car. The car is provided by a lease company, witch is part of a very large dealercompny with muliple brands. The order is definitive. The leasecompany guaranteed delivery in 2020. I had an order before for a 100kwh RWD but changed it later to the AWD. As far as i know the, for the Netherlands , allocated 750? Are sold out shortly after i changed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don’t know of a reservation number. It is a company car. The car is provided by a lease company, witch is part of a very large dealercompny with muliple brands. The order is definitive. The leasecompany guaranteed delivery in 2020. I had an order before for a 100kwh RWD but changed it later to the AWD. As far as i know the, for the Netherlands , allocated 750? Are sold out shortly after i changed.
Welcome Rene :)

When did you order/reserve the Mustang? I've reserved mine on the 6th of december (RWD, Shadow Black with technology package). Also a lease car. Why do you want an AWD in a flat country like ours? ;)

And indeed I've also heard that the 750 are sold out. Ford NL tries to allocate more. Very nice that there won't be as lot as the Tesla Model 3 which you see on every edge of the road :). And the Mustang is ofcourse MUCH nicer!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Q. When i ordered the 100 kwh on january 13 there where “more’ than enough According to the leasecompany. I changed to the AWD because it looks better (wheels, skirts) I don’t need the large battery, i charge at home or at the office, so battery is always full. Only in european holidays i probably charge 2-3 times more, but that is not a problem as we have to eat and drink to. I had several AWD cars and i think they drive better under bad conditions. I had one experience on a roundabout where i believe the AWD saved me from an accident.

and indeed the Mach E looks beter than the model Y.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One more thing, the first year you will have to adapt and understand the capacity of your car so the stress will be up but more drive you will do more confortable you will be. Keep in mine that an EV mean that you will have to plan your long trip before to leave. I am sure you will enjoy driving your Mach-E.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for you advise. My current PHEV has 50 km electric according to the manufacturer The PHEV sometime says 42 km, but mostly 35 km. In real life i get just over 25 km when on a highway in cold weather..

i also have some experience on charging on holidays, just trying, thank god there were enough petrolstations.

i hope there will be enough charging stations in the future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Q. When i ordered the 100 kwh on january 13 there where “more’ than enough According to the leasecompany. I changed to the AWD because it looks better (wheels, skirts) I don’t need the large battery, i charge at home or at the office, so battery is always full. Only in european holidays i probably charge 2-3 times more, but that is not a problem as we have to eat and drink to. I had several AWD cars and i think they drive better under bad conditions. I had one experience on a roundabout where i believe the AWD saved me from an accident.

and indeed the Mach E looks beter than the model Y.
All reservations for NL are full which I saw on forum Tweakers. Somebody wanted to order/reserve the Mach E by his Lease company but they told him that all Mach E's for NL are reserved.

Yes I agree that the AWD looks much better :). I hope it's possible to upgrade to the AWD wheels (normally with other cars that shouldn't be a problem). And I will check the Skirts first and maybe I'll wrap them.

And the bigger battery is better for holidays indeed. Especially the winter holiday will be tricky I'm afraid. We will probably leave on the friday when the kids are off school :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts