Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken delivery of a Mustang Mach-E without the front plate bracket riveted to the nose?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I specifically requested mine not be installed but they said it came that way from the factory. I'm not too upset because I'll have personalized black/yellow CA plates with MY MACHE.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I specifically requested mine not be installed but they said it came that way from the factory. I'm not too upset because I'll have personalized black/yellow CA plates with MY MACHE.
I'm calling Customer Service on Friday. It's not required in Nevada and I don't want it. If they thought that it looked good they would mount it on their advertising vehicles. CA is a two plate state and Nevada isn't so it shouldn't be their decision.

·
Registered
MME, Infinite Blue, Premium, RWD, ER.
278 Posts
I wish we didn’t have front plates in WI, but alas there’s no way around it. At least my “MACH E” plates will be cool 😝

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted Ford Customer Service and unfortunately they weren't helpful. The Rep. first stated that if you "have a VIN you can't 'customize' the vehicle" Then she stated "if you have a VIN parts have already been made" Then stated, "only your dealer can 'do something' we can't do anything" I guess it's a crap shoot on whether they mount it or not.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
I contacted Ford Customer Service and unfortunately they weren't helpful. The Rep. first stated that if you "have a VIN you can't 'customize' the vehicle" Then she stated "if you have a VIN parts have already been made" Then stated, "only your dealer can 'do something' we can't do anything" I guess it's a crap shoot on whether they mount it or not.
You may be too close to build to stop the addition of the bracket.

There are bumper plugs made for just this reason in many colors. Inexpensive and barely noticeable. Smaller than the sonar caps along the bumper.

Just one company, there are others:

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

There are bumper plugs made for just this reason in many colors. Inexpensive and barely noticeable. Smaller than the sonar caps along the bumper.

View attachment 4315
I've been trying since you posted the FYI awhile back but it's in the "hands of the build gods about now". I let the sales rep. know that I will have the dealership remove the bracket and "do the plug thing" he's also looking into them powder coating the brake calipers. Something else that he pointed out when I commented on not liking the Rt 1 wheels was that he stated the black "covers" on the Rt. 1 wheels are removeable.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
The only wheel that looks out of place to me are those on the base select. All the others seem okay.

I can live with my premium 19” wheels. It would cost me another $8k to get the wheels and tires I want.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I've been trying since you posted the FYI awhile back but it's in the "hands of the build gods about now". I let the sales rep. know that I will have the dealership remove the bracket and "do the plug thing" he's also looking into them powder coating the brake calipers. Something else that he pointed out when I commented on not liking the Rt 1 wheels was that he stated the black "covers" on the Rt. 1 wheels are removeable.
I was curious about that, why are the route 1 wheels/covers so hideous?

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was curious about that, why are the route 1 wheels/covers so hideous?
It's to 'squeeze out' 5 miles of range but I personally would remove them and I'm definitely not liking the 18s on the Rt. 1 but it's strictly a personal choice

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

View attachment 4315
Naturally the gang at Ford decided that it was 'necessary' to punch three holes therefore requiring the purchase of two sets of two plugs :mad:

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Naturally the gang at Ford decided that it was 'necessary' to punch three holes therefore requiring the purchase of two sets of two plugs :mad:
Lol, not a Ford product. Just someone taking advantage of an opportunity...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
We might have to get into the cost of patching up where Ford drilled in the license plate bracket.
I was thinking a few hundred.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We might have to get into the cost of patching up where Ford drilled in the license plate bracket.
Porsche offers to plug any of their used vehicles that were drilled traded in from two plate states for free. Or they will replace the entire panel as a 'you pay' repair. If you live in a two plate State (my buddy has a 911 in VA) and you request no front plate you must sign a release stating that you were advised of the DMV requirement and refused the mounting offer.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Call me obsessive but Merriam Webster dictionary defines Optional as "involving an option: not compulsory". The Cambridge dictionary defines Optional as "You can choose to do it, pay it, buy it etc." Since the front bracket is listed on the window sticker as an" Option, No Charge" that should mean that the buyer has the right to refuse accepting it. Now since technically the dealer is the buyer from Ford they should be able to refuse it. I'm contacting my dealer to get a feel on this.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
The site I posted earlier has color matched caps that are like $30. There are other options around, too. The caps are easier than repainting a rubber bumper.

·
Registered
Premium RWD SR Black
75 Posts
Bob - if you do get your brake calipers painted by the dealer please post pictures!

·
Registered
2021 MME4 Infinite Blue
7 Posts
When I put my order in (NJ where front tags are required), he offered me to not have it installed. Took that so I can get one that doesnt involve drilling holes

1 - 20 of 60 Posts