Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
When I put my order in (NJ where front tags are required), he offered me to not have it installed. Took that so I can get one that doesnt involve drilling holes
I've got my fingers crossed that is the case on mine

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was given the option to have the license plate frames omitted from each of the Ford Mustangs I ordered (in California) and my Dodge Challenger (in Washington). In each case, I decided to have the dealer add the plate brackets, for three reasons. For starters, even though they don't have holes pre-drilled from the factory for each of these cars, they have noticeable "dimples" in the finish for dealer prep techs to know where to drill. Secondly, quite frankly, people SUCK at parallel parking, and having the license plate bracket to cushion, or offer a small measure of protection from other people's bumpers while they park, seemed to be a prudent safeguard. And finally, I didn't want to give cops a reason to give me grief (or worse, a ticket) for not having a mandatory front plate in the proper place. Trust me, they're worth it. But, if you're dead set against having a front license plate, ask your dealer to give you the choice to omit it. Either way, it's important for you to consider the pros and cons.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was given the option to have the license plate frames omitted from each of the Ford Mustangs I ordered (in California) and my Dodge Challenger (in Washington). In each case, I decided to have the dealer add the plate brackets, for three reasons. For starters, even though they don't have holes pre-drilled from the factory for each of these cars, they have noticeable "dimples" in the finish for dealer prep techs to know where to drill. Secondly, quite frankly, people SUCK at parallel parking, and having the license plate bracket to cushion, or offer a small measure of protection from other people's bumpers while they park, seemed to be a prudent safeguard. And finally, I didn't want to give cops a reason to give me grief (or worse, a ticket) for not having a mandatory front plate in the proper place. Trust me, they're worth it. But, if you're dead set against having a front license plate, ask your dealer to give you the choice to omit it. Either way, it's important for you to consider the pros and cons.
I get it, when I was in Oregon which is not only a two plate State but requires a front expiration sticker, I put it on my Fusion. Nevada isn't a mandatory two plate State and as such I don't want the front plate. As to parallel parking as a former NYC guy who understands bump and bump parking I highly recommend it for those areas. Las Vegas on the other hand is a perpendicular kind of town where many of the drivers are still trying to navigate the three color traffic light system. All I'm asking for is the option to delete.
Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like you've given this a lot of thought, and I think you'll be well within your rights to request the dealer to NOT install a front plate bracket. To be honest, I did opt to omit the plate bracket on my '07 GT at first, then I got paranoid every time I passed a cop. So I added the front plate. LOL

You're spending a LOT on your Mach E, so I think the least a dealer can do is conveniently forget to add the front license plate bracket in the course of performing their PDI. They may ask you to sign one of those forms in triplicate, however, that state that you are aware that a front plate is necessary in your state, when you close the deal before taking delivery.

Funny you should mention that you're a NYC guy. I grew up on Long Island, Suffolk County to be precise. I once drove with a friend who kept hitting cars in front and behind him while parallel parking. He said "that's why they call them 'bumpers.'" I was horrified, to say the least, and gave him an earful.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sounds like you've given this a lot of thought, and I think you'll be well within your rights to request the dealer to NOT install a front plate bracket. To be honest, I did opt to omit the plate bracket on my '07 GT at first, then I got paranoid every time I passed a cop. So I added the front plate. LOL

You're spending a LOT on your Mach E, so I think the least a dealer can do is conveniently forget to add the front license plate bracket in the course of performing their PDI. They may ask you to sign one of those forms in triplicate, however, that state that you are aware that a front plate is necessary in your state, when you close the deal before taking delivery.

Funny you should mention that you're a NYC guy. I grew up on Long Island, Suffolk County to be precise. I once drove with a friend who kept hitting cars in front and behind him while parallel parking. He said "that's why they call them 'bumpers.'" I was horrified, to say the least, and gave him an earful.
Grew up in Forest Hills and Astoria and that was the mantra "That's why they call them bumpers" When I was living in NY there was never a problem "finding a spot in Suffolk Co." since it was mostly still potato fields (I used to drag race at National Speedway when the LIE ended at exit 56). Nevada is a front plate optional state. The problem is that the Mach E's are showing up with the brackets mounted at the factory. I just got a call from the dealer asking me if I was interested in a RT 1 on the lot that I saw it during my test drive and you guessed it the bracket was on the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My guess is the Ford dealers are eager to affix a front plate bracket as soon as these things are driven off the carriers so they can facilitate some free advertising once the cars find a home. I cannot imagine anyone at the Ford factory actually taking the time to add a front license plate bracket, given the front plates are optional in so many areas. I would have figured they would leave that up to the dealer for which the car is destined. However, it is possible they attach the front license plate brackets from the factory as a courtesy to the dealer, especially if they know front plates are mandatory.

Suffolk was home to me from 1964-1996, and in that time I didn't see all that much growth. It seems growth was slower the further out east you went on the island. Exit 64 was my domain. A sleepy hamlet called Medford. Little more than a place you pass through on your way to somewhere more interesting, now.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My guess is the Ford dealers are eager to affix a front plate bracket as soon as these things are driven off the carriers so they can facilitate some free advertising once the cars find a home. I cannot imagine anyone at the Ford factory actually taking the time to add a front license plate bracket, given the front plates are optional in so many areas. I would have figured they would leave that up to the dealer for which the car is destined. However, it is possible they attach the front license plate brackets from the factory as a courtesy to the dealer, especially if they know front plates are mandatory.

Suffolk was home to me from 1964-1996, and in that time I didn't see all that much growth. It seems growth was slower the further out east you went on the island. Exit 64 was my domain. A sleepy hamlet called Medford. Little more than a place you pass through on your way to somewhere more interesting, now.
I remember Medford my cousins on my father's side lived there. The dealer is swearing to me that they are doing what they can to stop the bracket but all three deliveries (so far) have the bracket installed at the factory in Mexico. The salesman said that the Hermosillo factory puts the bracket in the "trunk" and that NONE of the classic Mustangs show up with the bracket on the nose.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No I believe that he said it was the Focus or Fiesta at Hermosillo
Oh, okay. Well, it's been a while since I bought a Mustang (2006). Like I was saying, it seems that you will have to speak with your dealer. Ask them to omit the front license plate bracket. Given the price tag of the merchandise, I would think they'd do everything they could to ensure your satisfaction. If it is added at the factory, they'll just have to get ahead of it.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Oh, okay. Well, it's been a while since I bought a Mustang (2006). Like I was saying, it seems that you will have to speak with your dealer. Ask them to omit the front license plate bracket. Given the price tag of the merchandise, I would think they'd do everything they could to ensure your satisfaction. If it is added at the factory, they'll just have to get ahead of it.
They've been trying for over a month. Hopefully they'll be successful

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
In as much as I closed all of my social media accounts a couple of years ago, is there anyone with an account(s) who would be willing to Tweet/Facebook Ford and ask how to stop the Mexican assembly plant from mounting the front plate bracket on the MACH-E?
Thanks
Bob

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
In as much as I closed all of my social media accounts a couple of years ago, is there anyone with an account(s) who would be willing to Tweet/Facebook Ford and ask how to stop the Mexican assembly plant from mounting the front plate bracket on the MACH-E?
Thanks
Bob
Got someone to Tweet @Ford and ask the question. I'll advise when he hears back

·
Registered
MME 4Ex carbonized grey, black interior
26 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery of a Mustang Mach-E without the front plate bracket riveted to the nose?
Yes. I picked mine up on Saturday 13th Feb. there are no drilled holes in the nose for the front bracket. I live in California and I’m quite certain that the front license plate is required. At this time I don’t intend to put the license plate on the front nose. I’m looking at options

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yes. I picked mine up on Saturday 13th Feb. there are no drilled holes in the nose for the front bracket. I live in California and I’m quite certain that the front license plate is required. At this time I don’t intend to put the license plate on the front nose. I’m looking at options
That's great, did you request that your dealer delete the option line item?

·
Registered
891 Posts
So I'm curious about this. Is the front mount only installed in states with two plate requirements, I note that some window stickers have front bracket listed on the monroney(window sticker) and some don't.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So I'm curious about this. Is the front mount only installed in states with two plate requirements, I note that some window stickers have front bracket listed on the monroney(window sticker) and some don't.
I don't know, the above post from @Irfan shows that even though CA is a mandatory 2 plate State it was deleted. Nevada states that if a vehicle has an area to accommodate a front plate then the plate must be mounted. No mounted bracket no plate is necessary. My last three vehicles in Nevada all came no bracket. So far according to what I know, at least four MMe's have been delivered to Friendly Ford with brackets mounted by the factory vs. placed in the back like the classic Mustang and other Fords.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts