Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Illinois is a front license plate state so I asked my dealer to remove the front plate from my order (car hasn't been built yet-no VIN). I bought a Craig's license plate which is held on by adhesive. We'll see what happens when I finally get my Mach E someday. Still no VIN or production week and order was placed October 12th.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery of a Mustang Mach-E without the front plate bracket riveted to the nose?
I am rather depressed to read this thread. My dad said his model 3 simply had the front license bracket "glued on" with double sided tape. I asked my dealer if they could remove it but I haven't heard back. Maybe I'll just have to order a "Mustang" plate for the front or something.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Illinois is a front license plate state so I asked my dealer to remove the front plate from my order (car hasn't been built yet-no VIN). I bought a Craig's license plate which is held on by adhesive. We'll see what happens when I finally get my Mach E someday. Still no VIN or production week and order was placed October 12th.
UPDATE: I finally got my VIN number and production week; week of May 24th :cry: I asked my dealer to remove the front license plate from my order before my VIN was assigned but others have told me it doesn’t matter because Illinois requires a front plate and the factory will put one on anyway. I hope this isn’t true. Also in Illinois you MUST purchase an electric car plate (EL plate) and cannot transfer your existing license plate. Further, they don’t allow personalized or vanity letters/numbers on the EL plates. I’ve written my state rep and senator to change this law as it is ridiculous. I know they have to charge us more because we don’t pay motor fuel taxes but they could do this and let us keep our current plates.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I know they have to charge us more because we don’t pay motor fuel taxes
"I know they have to charge us more because we don’t pay motor fuel taxes..."
I am vehemently opposed to taxing BEVs for "road use" at this time for several reasons. Currently BEVs comprise a miniscule percentage of registered vehicles, and most importantly if the States increased the fuel tax it would be one more incentive for ICE vehicle owners to consider moving to BEVs. I don't recall the States increasing fuel taxes because modern vehicles get better MPG and use less fuel. It's one more way for our 'representatives' to siphon more of our income. Lastly, fuel taxes are based on miles driven/fuel purchased. EV taxes are a flat rate which benefits 'high mileage' drivers at the expense of the 'back and forth to the store' driver.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I am rather depressed to read this thread. My dad said his model 3 simply had the front license bracket "glued on" with double sided tape. I asked my dealer if they could remove it but I haven't heard back. Maybe I'll just have to order a "Mustang" plate for the front or something.
I'm getting to be OK with mine. I have a personalized plate so it's turned out to be one additional point of conversation
20210226_083941.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
"I know they have to charge us more because we don’t pay motor fuel taxes..."
I am vehemently opposed to taxing BEVs for "road use" at this time for several reasons. Currently BEVs comprise a miniscule percentage of registered vehicles, and most importantly if the States increased the fuel tax it would be one more incentive for ICE vehicle owners to consider moving to BEVs. I don't recall the States increasing fuel taxes because modern vehicles get better MPG and use less fuel. It's one more way for our 'representatives' to siphon more of our income. Lastly, fuel taxes are based on miles driven/fuel purchased. EV taxes are a flat rate which benefits 'high mileage' drivers at the expense of the 'back and forth to the store' driver.
Didn't say I agree with it! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
A Utah opinion:
Deseret NewsLetters: Don’t charge people more for bettering our air quality
Readers' Forum 18 hrs. ago
http://a.msn.com/08/en-us/BB1e1DAm?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http:...er=http://a.msn.com/08/en-us/BB1e1DAm?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/08/en-us/BB1e1DAm?ocid=sw

Cruz hits back at Boehner for telling him to 'go f--- yourself'

The Left is losing patience with the president's 'important partner' Joe…

HB209, addressing vehicle registration fee revisions, is a bad idea. Electric vehicles (EV) fees would more than double from $120 to $300 per year. Plug-in EV fees would quadruple from $52 to $260.
a car parked on the side of the street: Electric cars charge at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City on Monday, Feb. 24, 2020.
© Scott G Winterton, Deseret News Electric cars charge at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City on Monday, Feb. 24, 2020.
Vehicle exhaust is the largest contributor to Utah’s air pollution. EVs produce no tailpipe emissions; plug-in hybrids are cleaner than any gas or diesel vehicle. Thus, it makes no sense to charge EV owners a surtax to register their vehicles. Why penalize EV owners when they are helping clean up the air?

Electric vehicles do pay their “fair share” for roads: $120 yearly fees to pay for road maintenance. They also pay local taxes on electricity that go to local budgets for services.
If there are gaps in the state road maintenance budget, other solutions make more sense. Raising the state gasoline tax would add the funds for maintenance much faster than the electric vehicle fee and has the added benefit of disincentivizing the drivers of polluting vehicles, lessening wear and tear on roads. EVs are lighter and thus cause less road damage than pickup trucks.
A fee of $300 a year for an electric vehicle is unfair and disincentivizing people who are helping clean up Utah’s air.
Jean M. Lown

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, here in South Dakota the GSM at my local Ford dealer told me over a year ago,
That no Ford Mustangs that they had ever ordered came with the front bracket installed.

My $60,000 First Edition arrived a few days ago with the bracket installed and I now have 3 holes in the front.
SD is front license state --- except if you have personalized plates you can option
for a rear plate only. I guess they don’t know that at the Mexico Plant.

I took it to a body shop yesterday and got an approximate estimate of $600 to $800
to repair the holes depending on how difficult it actually is to dismantle the front end
and if it will have to taken back to Ford to re-align the camera and radar sensors in these parts.

Not happy with Ford on this fiasco.

I may have the grille area vinyl cast with a laminated carbon metallic grid mesh for a look similar
to the GT front end. This would also cover the top 2 repaired holes and then just use a
Grabber Blue bumper plug in the lower 3rd hole.

This site has some neat designs available so will take this to a vinyl wrap installer.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Well, here in South Dakota the GSM at my local Ford dealer told me over a year ago,
That no Ford Mustangs that they had ever ordered came with the front bracket installed.

My $60,000 First Edition arrived a few days ago with the bracket installed and I now have 3 holes in the front.
SD is front license state --- except if you have personalized plates you can option

I took it to a body shop yesterday and got an approximate estimate of $600 to $800
to repair the holes depending on how difficult it actually is to dismantle the front end
and if it will have to taken back to Ford to re-align the camera and radar sensors in these parts.

I may have the grille area vinyl cast with a laminated carbon metallic grid mesh for a look similar
to the GT front end. This would also cover the top 2 repaired holes and then just use a

This site has some neat designs available so will take this to a vinyl wrap installer.
My dealer said the same thing and added that if Ford is going to call the MM E a Mustang then treat it like a Mustang which never comes with a preinstalled bracket. C'est la vie

·
Super Moderator
2,918 Posts

You can opt for bumper plugs. $30 solution. And they come in Grabber Blue.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can opt for bumper plugs. $30 solution. And they come in Grabber Blue.
That’s probably what I end up doing --- getting the upper 2 holes filled / smoothed
and painted good enough they will not be noticeable under the grille vinyl cast wrap.
The third / lower hole fill with a Grabber Blue Bumper Plug.

Does anyone know if you take the covers off under the hood and pull the frunk tub out
you can get reach access to the bolt and nut that hold the front Pony emblem in place?

·
Registered
891 Posts
So lucky me, the dealership gave me their demo for 24 hrs. I'm pretty a
154724896_441389767186506_8809710722690752619_n.jpg
mazed, they only just got it in yesterday. This is a joy to drive. I was pleasantly surprised that it does NOT have the license bracket in place. This is GA a one plate state.

·
Registered
891 Posts

you could get those little rubber plugs, paint them body color, not ideal but an option

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just was asking my dealer about the front bracket, he says....
It wasn't ordered with the front license plate bracket, it won't be on the vehicle. It's a separate line option, what have you read about them?

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I just was asking my dealer about the front bracket, he says....
It wasn't ordered with the front license plate bracket, it won't be on the vehicle. It's a separate line option, what have you read about them?
Check the thread, there's a photo of the window sticker. In the left center area, the bracket as listed as an Option No Charge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need a front license plate bracket. I bought my Mach-E in Florida, but I live in Texas, which is a two-plate state. I haven't be able to find the bracket listed on the Ford Accessories website. Is this something my local dealer would routinely have in stock, or am I going to have to buy one from one of you guys who's had his removed?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I took delivery yesterday, and I told them about 10 times not to put it on, and YES, they complied. It looks sooooo much cleaner without it.

20210723_121944.jpg

41 - 60 of 62 Posts