Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
210 Posts
Ummm I've always had a functional frunk button in Ford Pass since I bought the car in March 2022 (Job 2 model, built 7/2021). I know Job 1 car owners have been waiting for an OTA update so they could remotely open their frunk, hopefully that is actually what is being announced. Don't think an update just to Ford Pass app could provide that, but guess maybe.

· Registered
55 Posts
Ummm I've always had a functional frunk button in Ford Pass since I bought the car in March 2022 (Job 2 model, built 7/2021). I know Job 1 car owners have been waiting for an OTA update so they could remotely open their frunk, hopefully that is actually what is being announced. Don't think an update just to Ford Pass app could provide that, but guess maybe.

View attachment 8316
See you have good taste...I got my Select AWD in Iconic Silver too :giggle:

· Registered
210 Posts
Can you find out when your Mach E was built and which job it falls under in the app?
The easiest way to learn when your car was built is to open the driver's door and look for the sticker on the B-pillar. In 2021 Job 1 cars were built prior to July and Job 2 after. Job 2 cars had some revisions done at the "retooling time" of year, mid-summer.

· Registered
210 Posts
I have a job 1 car built 12/18/2020. I reinstalled Ford pass thinking that would force an update but it's still the same and now I have to add PAAK again and that's a pain. :-(
Yes, I kinda think an OTA is needed for Job 1 cars to get their Frunk functioning in response to B-Pillar or Ford Pass commands. Not sure what this announcement is, maybe the latest version of Ford Pass is providing this feature to a far greater number of owners than it previously did.

· Registered
Premium RWD SR Black
83 Posts
TL;DR - nothing to see here. Move along...

This is a "news" story about a tweet. As @Ravensfan1996 stated, the person who tweeted bought a newer Mach-E GT that has always had a button to unlock the frunk. So nothing has happened. No new OTA for Job 1 Mach-E's, no new version of the FordPass, just someone misunderstanding someone's tweet. It's been picked up by at least two "news" sites:

· Registered
210 Posts
TL;DR - nothing to see here. Move along...

This is a "news" story about a tweet. As @Ravensfan1996 stated, the person who tweeted bought a newer Mach-E GT that has always had a button to unlock the frunk. So nothing has happened. No new OTA for Job 1 Mach-E's, no new version of the FordPass, just someone misunderstanding someone's tweet. It's been picked up by at least two "news" sites:

(you may know this) I believe in fact it was misunderstood by, Jim Farley, the CEO of Ford and when he retweeted it gained so much traction.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts