Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to open Frunk today. Used the app to open it as I normally do. It popped to the first catch but not the second. Figured it just had a fluke and opened the driver door to pull the lever. Pulling the lever did nothing. Tried to push the frunk closed and it wont latch. Pulled up and down, jiggled it. Pulled the lever again multiple times. Tried using the app again while holding the frunk closed. Spent probably 20 minutes messing with it. Nothing. It’s basically stuck at the first catch and won’t close or open. Called dealer they have not heard of this before. Supposed to take it in Monday but was hoping to get it closed all the way so I can use it on the weekend. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won’t close either. I push down on it as hard as I dare without damaging the hood. I’ll try and mess with it some more this afternoon. Maybe one person on either side of the hood. Definitely frustrating.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,711 Posts
my app does not have a frung button to open, when will I get that on mine.
It should be added via an OTA along with the activation of the emergency release button in those MMe's with a Frunk divider. When this will occur, is between the executives and engineers at Ford and their spiritual advisors.:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
The secret to closing for me was doing it very firm with your hands very wide.... The dealer and I did it once... and then I decided it was not worth messing with it ever again.
I found I can close it every time by flipping the hood down with some speed from about 12-15 inches open (be sure to let go of the hood as you flip it! No pinched fingers, please!)

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
It won’t close either. I push down on it as hard as I dare without damaging the hood. I’ll try and mess with it some more this afternoon. Maybe one person on either side of the hood. Definitely frustrating.
This is the first I see this issue with the Mach-E. Although a similar issue happened to me about 15 years ago. The stupid cable came off the latch mechanism.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts