Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reserved my premium in January and ordered it in July. Since then, I received one (useless) email from Ford. I’m a fan of Ford and a stockholder, but I’m really not feeling the love. I have no idea of timing or even the “plan for a plan.” Am I being high maintenance or just expressing a reasonable expectation for communication related to a $50k purchase?

·
Registered
Ordered First Edition MME in Rapid Red
23 Posts
I reserved my premium in January and ordered it in July. Since then, I received one (useless) email from Ford. I’m a fan of Ford and a stockholder, but I’m really not feeling the love. I have no idea of timing or even the “plan for a plan.” Am I being high maintenance or just expressing a reasonable expectation for communication related to a $50k purchase?
You are not alone. They have been pretty pi$$ poor with any information and the dealer is clueless. The best information sources have been these forums and the Ford Authority new email.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What information do you all want? We get it all here. The information so far is production starts in November and deliveries start in December. Dealers will have test drive vehicles sometime in November. I have a GT reserved and order banks have not even opened yet with deliveries for late summer 21. With all the info on this forum I'm not crying or stressing out over the wait. Enjoy your MME's while I wait!

·
Registered
48 Posts
What information do you all want? We get it all here. The information so far is production starts in November and deliveries start in December. Dealers will have test drive vehicles sometime in November. I have a GT reserved and order banks have not even opened yet with deliveries for late summer 21. With all the info on this forum I'm not crying or stressing out over the wait. Enjoy your MME's while I wait!
Yeah, but I've received NOTHING in the way of info, from Ford or my dealer, at all. No info on when I can order the GT, no Mach-E brochure, absolutely ZERO communications from anybody. I'm going to wait for Tesla Battery Day, and maybe jump ship.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, but I've received NOTHING in the way of info, from Ford or my dealer, at all. No info on when I can order the GT, no Mach-E brochure, absolutely ZERO communications from anybody. I'm going to wait for Tesla Battery Day, and maybe jump ship.
Order banks for the GT are schedule to open in December. Where did I see that? Here! More info on the GT will be released before ordering starts with "exciting" information on the GT. That's a Ford quote not mine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
With all due respect, I shouldn’t have to depend on a message board for information.
I'm on a bunch of different message boards for all kinds of stuff and this is by far the best one for keeping members informed with information for the board subject. I'm sure Ford has eyes here and know all the complaints.

As a comparison I'll use the Harley Davidson Livewire. Their prototype came out in 2014 and production model delivered in October 2020. In those years inbetween no word from HD if it was going to produce or drop the project. They announced the production in January of 2020 with no details on the bike until August of 2020. The brochures on the bike came out 2 weeks before delivery.I just buy Ford vehicles so I don't know if how Ford is handling introduction of the MME is standard for the auto industry but it is along the lines of what Harley did for their Livewire.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm on a bunch of different message boards for all kinds of stuff and this is by far the best one for keeping members informed with information for the board subject. I'm sure Ford has eyes here and know all the complaints.

As a comparison I'll use the Harley Davidson Livewire. Their prototype came out in 2014 and production model delivered in October 2020. In those years inbetween no word from HD if it was going to produce or drop the project. They announced the production in January of 2020 with no details on the bike until August of 2020. The brochures on the bike came out 2 weeks before delivery.I just buy Ford vehicles so I don't know if how Ford is handling introduction of the MME is standard for the auto industry but it is along the lines of what Harley did for their Livewire.
I’m just a little confused. I know this launch is huge for Ford so I can’t figure out how an order can sit in order “complete” status for over 2 months with zero indication of timing. My situation is kind of time sensitive due to a lease ending so ...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Think about that: you get more information from a forum completely unaffiliated with Ford. A significant chunk of the "good" information is leaks from employees who would probably be fired if Ford knew who they were. The "Mach drop" is a perfect example of Ford's failings: people think they signed up to get a first edition in august, but Ford won't give them direct proof of that fact until "sometime later this month". Meanwhile their online account shows their original car, or worse just the cancellation of the original reservation. There are enough points of failure in the chain that it is likely some people have no car on order. Is that really the best Ford can do? If it is, that's pretty bad.

With all due respect, I shouldn’t have to depend on a message board for information.
Exactly correct.

We should be getting regular updates from Ford and Ford Performance...not this forum.
Exactly correct.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Think about that: you get more information from a forum completely unaffiliated with Ford. A significant chunk of the "good" information is leaks from employees who would probably be fired if Ford knew who they were. The "Mach drop" is a perfect example of Ford's failings: people think they signed up to get a first edition in august, but Ford won't give them direct proof of that fact until "sometime later this month". Meanwhile their online account shows their original car, or worse just the cancellation of the original reservation. There are enough points of failure in the chain that it is likely some people have no car on order. Is that really the best Ford can do? If it is, that's pretty bad.
You sure those leaks are from employees? Could be Ford keeping the natives (us) happy.

·
Registered
585 Posts
You sure those leaks are from employees? Could be Ford keeping the natives (us) happy.
It would be incredibly short sighted and stupid of Ford to intentionally reach only a small fraction of targeted buyers (1.6k registered users here).

·
Registered
110 Posts
It would be incredibly short sighted and stupid of Ford to intentionally reach only a small fraction of targeted buyers (1.6k registered users here).
Exactly correct. And some of those leaks, are not particularly good news from a PR and customer retention point of view (the 70,000 confirmed orders with 50,000 batteries available one for starters). It's unlikely Ford has planted a thing here or there.

More communication, even along the lines of, "We'll begin scheduling the 2021 Mustang Mach-E for production soon! yadda yadda yadda ..." would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
Ford has released a lot of information via press releases and social media, and some interviews here and there. The forums just pull it all together.

The biggest failure by Ford is the direct communication with their customers.

The latest webinar series will be the most information we have gotten directly from Ford in a long time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think they also don't want to give out any info because they still don't know. I was expecting to have solid numbers on range which is what is most important to me. When Tesla announce the Y it didn't take them long to give exact numbers but I think Ford is over-testing this vehicle to try and prove to everyone that they can make a better car than Tesla. I am not worried about not getting anything from Ford yet. I think the bigger issue is there are what, almost 80k in reservations and everyone wants one NOW! Lol. We're all impatient and can't wait to drive this car. Ford is being very tight lipped because they don't want to give out false info. This is not new territory but just different front from anything else they've made for them but I think this is the most anticipated release since the brought the Mustang back and they don't want to screw up. In my mind the longer they test the car the better it'll be the less worried I am, the more I want this car.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Ford has never sold retail, much less online retail. They have never dealt with customers directly, always depending on the dealerships to establish customer relationships. IT SHOWS! 50,000+ customers forked over $500 for the privilege of being largely ignored by Ford. All they had to do was hire an intern marketeer to monitor the forums, gather feedback, maybe send a survey or two and, COMMUNICATE progress. Am a Ford driver but am very disappointed in how they treat their customers when dealing directly. Also, the dealerships have been in the same boat as we customers, totally in the dark!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did receive an email with invitations to attend four "webinars" on how they designed the car and such. But radio silence otherwise. I also received a survey about Ford and the dealer during this process and I hammered both. You would think that you would really want to engage anyone who put $500 down on a $50,000 car. I'm not sure how Tesla does it, but Ford is so weak. It helps explain the $6.00 share price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too am a Ford stockholder and long time ford customer. And frankly if I don’t receive my vehicle my January 2021 I will cancel my order. The dealership has my deposit so most like I will buy a Ford Explorer instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too am a Ford stockholder and long time ford customer. And frankly if I don’t receive my vehicle my January 2021 I will cancel my order. The dealership has my deposit so most like I will buy a Ford Explorer instead.
You're too kind to Ford. If Ford fails me, I will switch to a Model 3 or the new Nissan all-electric car.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts