Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to attend the 30th Annual Mustang and Ford Show sponsored by the Northern Mustang Corral (part of MCA) in Bourbonnais this Sunday at Perry Farm Park. They have Mustang vehicle classes EXCEPT for the Mach E which I feel is unfair and not especially welcoming. I went over to the treasurer's house of the Northern Mustang Corral to drop off my registration form and $15 and was told the Mustang Mach E will be placed in the Vehicle Class of "Special Interest." He said there was one other Mach E preregistered. All other Mustangs from 1964 through 2013 have their own Vehicle Class. He was very frank in telling me there are members very upset about the Mach E (his wife being one of the worst) and he has told them this is the future for cars and may end up saving the Mustang name. I have gone through this once before in 2002 - 2005 when our retro Thunderbirds were introduced. The members then did not want to accept us and didn't know what vehicle class to put our cars in. Some clubs wouldn't let us join. After several years this changed for the most part and everybody got along and I'm hoping for the same thing for our Mustang Mach E. I've just got to keep my cool when confronted by an unhappy member of their group. John Garner (the treasurer of Northern Mustang Corral) was very interested in my car and we spent over 40 minutes talking and looking at it. He told me it is an awesome SUV but not a Mustang and I corrected him and said most definitely it was. Ford owns the name Mustang and if they say it's a Mustang then it is. I told him about my Thunderbird experience and said we all need to get along and he agreed with me and has spent a lot of time talking to his members about this trying to assure them that for the foreseeable future, there will be an ICE Mustang but the BEV version will end up saving the Mustang badge. He also said he felt the car was overpriced and I had to agree with him there but it is new technology for Ford and until supply ramps up to meet demand, the price will stay high.

I'll try to take some pics and post them after Sunday's show. It runs from 8 am until 2:30 pm (when they present awards). I plan to leave right after that. I live about 20 minutes from where it's being held.
I plan on putting a bottle of V-8 in my frunk too so that when somebody asks about the engine I can show them it's a V-8! I removed the dividers so I plan to put the bottle of V-8 on a rotating turntable I used when I showed my 2002 Thunderbird.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm going to attend the 30th Annual Mustang and Ford Show sponsored by the Northern Mustang Corral (part of MCA) in Bourbonnais this Sunday at Perry Farm Park. They have Mustang vehicle classes EXCEPT for the Mach E which I feel is unfair and not especially welcoming. I went over to the president's house of the Northern Mustang Corral to drop off my registration form and $15 and was told the Mustang Mach E will be placed in the Vehicle Class of "Special Interest." He said there was one other Mach E preregistered. All other Mustangs from 1964 through 2013 have their own Vehicle Class. He was very frank in telling me there are members very upset about the Mach E (his wife being one of the worst) and he has told them this is the future for cars and may end up saving the Mustang name. I have gone through this once before in 2002 - 2005 when our retro Thunderbirds were introduced. The members then did not want to accept us and didn't know what vehicle class to put our cars in. Some clubs wouldn't let us join. After several years this changed for the most part and everybody got along and I'm hoping for the same thing for our Mustang Mach E. I've just got to keep my cool when confronted by an unhappy member of their group. John (the president of Northern Mustang Corral) was very interested in my car and we spent over 40 minutes talking and looking at it. He told me it is an awesome SUV but not a Mustang and I corrected him and said most definitely it was. Ford owns the name Mustang and if they say it's a Mustang then it is. I told him about my Thunderbird experience and said we all need to get along and he agreed with me and has spent a lot of time talking to his members about this trying to assure them that for the foreseeable future, there will be an ICE Mustang but the BEV version will end up saving the Mustang badge. He also said he felt the car was overpriced and I had to agree with him there but it is new technology for Ford and until supply ramps up to meet demand, the price will stay high.

I'll try to take some pics and post them after Sunday's show. It runs from 8 am until 2:30 pm (when they present awards). I plan to leave right after that. I live about 20 minutes from where it's being held.
I joined the Mustang Club of America, and got a warm welcome. My local Mustang Club still hasn’t returned my email regarding joining as a Mach E owner. All I have to say is, Ford knows what the future of car buying is. EV’s are slowly taking over. The Mustang will live on.
BTW, remind doubters of past Mustangs, the Mustang ll comes to mind. They are not all hits.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I joined the Mustang Club of America, and got a warm welcome. My local Mustang Club still hasn’t returned my email regarding joining as a Mach E owner. All I have to say is, Ford knows what the future of car buying is. EV’s are slowly taking over. The Mustang will live on.
BTW, remind doubters of past Mustangs, the Mustang ll comes to mind. They are not all hits.
I’m a member of the Mustang Club of America too and have felt much less animosity towards our cars but I wouldn’t call it an especially warm welcome. I’m not a member of the Northern Mustang Corral and that depends on how I feel after Sunday’s show. I doubt if I’ll attend Mustang shows like I did years ago with my Thunderbird. The Mach E is not a collectible for me like my 2002 Thunderbird was. It’s our daily drive car for 90% of our driving around town and we take our Acura MDX for long trips. The Thunderbird was just a “Garage Queen.” And you’re right about the Mustang II or the Fox body, not sure which one. I’m not up on the past models of the Mustangs yet like I am with the Thunderbirds. We’ll see how Sunday goes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I’m a member of the Mustang Club of America too and have felt much less animosity towards our cars but I wouldn’t call it an especially warm welcome. I’m not a member of the Northern Mustang Corral and that depends on how I feel after Sunday’s show. I doubt if I’ll attend Mustang shows like I did years ago with my Thunderbird. The Mach E is not a collectible for me like my 2002 Thunderbird was. It’s our daily drive car for 90% of our driving around town and we take our Acura MDX for long trips. The Thunderbird was just a “Garage Queen.” And you’re right about the Mustang II or the Fox body, not sure which one. I’m not up on the past models of the Mustangs yet like I am with the Thunderbirds. We’ll see how Sunday goes.
That’s sad they came across that way, my correspondence was friendly. I guess I got lucky.
Have fun at the show. I look forward to going to one when we get our car.

Here is a pic of a 1973 Mustang 2. It was based on the pinto platform. 😱😱😱😱😱

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s sad they came across that way, my correspondence was friendly. I guess I got lucky.
View attachment 6189
Cool car! 1973 was the year I graduated dental school and the year we bought a 1973 red Ford Torino. It had the black rubberized top. I just found out that a friend of mine on this forum is going to the same car show. He has a Rapid Red Mach E FE. I’ll have somebody to talk with and won’t be the only Mach E.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cool car! 1973 was the year I graduated dental school and the year we bought a 1973 red Ford Torino. It had the black rubberized top. I just found out that a friend of mine on this forum is going to the same car show. He has a Rapid Red Mach E FE. I’ll have somebody to talk with and won’t be the only Mach E.
I hope you post something love to see a Mach E out for all to see

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
View attachment 6189
A picture of me (left) and Gary (Ponypower50) in front of our Mach E’s. Mine Infinite Blue Metallic and Gary’s Rapid Red FE Mach E. People couldn’t have been nicer and there was a lot of curiosity about our cars.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
A picture of me (left) and Gary (Ponypower50) in front of our Mach E’s. Mine Infinite Blue Metallic and Gary’s Rapid Red FE Mach E. People couldn’t have been nicer and there was a lot of curiosity about our cars. View attachment 6198 was
More pics: You can plainly see my MME had a "V-8" under the hood! 😆

1964 Mustang in bottom of frunk.

Ponypower50's Rapid Red First Edition.

Illinipony and Ponypower50

Looking down our row of Mustangs. You can see the top edge of my open lift gate (top left of the picture) where it has my "I proudly served in the Big Red One" decal (First Infantry Division). There were 30 rows like this of Mustangs, Thunderbirds and other Fords/trucks in the show. They had three different food vendors and an ice cream truck as well as Ford's semi trailer full of Ford accessories (no Mach E accessories :(). There were numerous tents set up and one with music, raffle tickets prizes and trophies for all the Mustang classes.

Picture of the back of my MME with lift gate open. I had my Ford Mobile Charger on display in a case in the trunk so people could see the control box and how I charged it (it was capable of 110 volt or 220 volt current with its two connectors). I also showed people the charge port where the coupler plugged into the car.

·
Registered
2021 MME, FE, 4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic
284 Posts
A picture of me (left) and Gary (Ponypower50) in front of our Mach E’s. Mine Infinite Blue Metallic and Gary’s Rapid Red FE Mach E. People couldn’t have been nicer and there was a lot of curiosity about our cars. View attachment 6198 was
Aloha @IlliniBird, at the end of the day a Pony is a Pony! So happy that the folks there realize that!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aloha @IlliniBird, at the end of the day a Pony is a Pony! So happy that the folks there realize that!
More pics:
View attachment 6200
View attachment 6201
View attachment 6202
View attachment 6203
1964 Mustang in bottom of frunk.
View attachment 6204
Ponypower50's Rapid Red First Edition.
View attachment 6205
Illinipony and Ponypower50
Recap of show:
Like I said before, I am a little miffed that the Mustang Mach E didn't have its own class as it IS a Mustang! I guess its just too new and if they had a class just for the Mach E it would have been just Gary and myself. I left before the awards for the show were presented and so I don't know who won Vehicle Class 30; it could have been Gary. There were all kinds of self made hot rod looking entries in our class and I'm sure they may have won some of the awards. I really just enjoyed the day as the weather was perfect and the crowd was really interested in our Mach E's. I had many interesting conversations and answered a lot of questions. The V-8 gag drew some really big laughs but there were also some people who didn't get it. Most of the time I was asked how I liked the car; what kind of range it had; how fast was it; did the charges cost a lot; how did I charge it at home, how long did it take and how much did it cost for the 220 volt outlet to be installed; what my wife thought of the car; would I take it on a long trip (no); they commented on how pretty the Infinite Blue Metallic color was (of course with the Rapid Red right next door I knew that they were just being patronizing 😆) and I had many positive comments on the light Space Grey interior; where was the engine?; can I see the tail light flash a turn signal?; I had the sticker on the window so there were comments about how much it cost - some thought it was really expensive while others told me it was reasonable; I had a nice conversation with a Tesla owner and he was very civil and I learned a lot about his car too; what made me want a BEV? (on my bucket list and I wanted to try one after 3 hybrids); women seemed to react more positive to the car and I picked up a lot of environmental reasons for this; why did Ford name it a Mustang?; it's not a Mustang; how does it drive in the winter? (duh, I bought it in April so I have no idea); does air conditioning and heat drain the battery (yes); how many charge stations are available for it and are they interchangeable with Tesla?; can it be charged at a Tesla charging station?; was the panoramic roof hot in the summer? (I have no idea as I have the reflective screen on in the summer but according to what I've heard on this forum, no it is not); most seemed to know that the car had a lot of torque and what that meant as to how fast it was off the line and many other questions that I just can't think of right now. Like I said, I had NO Mach E haters come by either the classic Mustang group or any Tesla owners (except the one who was extremely pleasant). Other than the class Gary and I were put in I felt no generalized animosity from the crowd (but I didn't talk to hardly any other members there either). The place was packed and I've never seen so many different Mustangs (I don't really know the Mustang models very well not like I know Thunderbirds - which they had a class for BTW and I saw my 2002 Torch Red there). Gary had just as many conversations at his car and I know he and his wife Karen had a good time too. Gary's son was there with a 1960 Ford Falcon which he entered in the show.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
322 Posts
Recap of show:
Like I said before, I am a little miffed that the Mustang Mach E didn't have its own class as it IS a Mustang! I guess its just too new and if they had a class just for the Mach E it would have been just Gary and myself. I left before the awards for the show were presented and so I don't know who won Vehicle Class 30; it could have been Gary. There were all kinds of self made hot rod looking entries in our class and I'm sure they may have won some of the awards. I really just enjoyed the day as the weather was perfect and the crowd was really interested in our Mach E's. I had many interesting conversations and answered a lot of questions. The V-8 gag drew some really big laughs but there were also some people who didn't get it. Most of the time I was asked how I liked the car; what kind of range it had; how fast was it; did the charges cost a lot; how did I charge it at home, how long did it take and how much did it cost for the 220 volt outlet to be installed; what my wife thought of the car; would I take it on a long trip (no); they commented on how pretty the Infinite Blue Metallic color was (of course with the Rapid Red right next door I knew that they were just being patronizing 😆) and I had many positive comments on the light Space Grey interior; where was the engine?; can I see the tail light flash a turn signal?; I had the sticker on the window so there were comments about how much it cost - some thought it was really expensive while others told me it was reasonable; I had a nice conversation with a Tesla owner and he was very civil and I learned a lot about his car too; what made me want a BEV? (on my bucket list and I wanted to try one after 3 hybrids); women seemed to react more positive to the car and I picked up a lot of environmental reasons for this; why did Ford name it a Mustang?; it's not a Mustang; how does it drive in the winter? (duh, I bought it in April so I have no idea); does air conditioning and heat drain the battery (yes); how many charge stations are available for it and are they interchangeable with Tesla?; can it be charged at a Tesla charging station?; was the panoramic roof hot in the summer? (I have no idea as I have the reflective screen on in the summer but according to what I've heard on this forum, no it is not); most seemed to know that the car had a lot of torque and what that meant as to how fast it was off the line and many other questions that I just can't think of right now. Like I said, I had NO Mach E haters come by either the classic Mustang group or any Tesla owners (except the one who was extremely pleasant). Other than the class Gary and I were put in I felt no generalized animosity from the crowd (but I didn't talk to hardly any other members there either). The place was packed and I've never seen so many different Mustangs (I don't really know the Mustang models very well not like I know Thunderbirds - which they had a class for BTW and I saw my 2002 Torch Red there). Gary had just as many conversations at his car and I know he and his wife Karen had a good time too. Gary's son was there with a 1960 Ford Falcon which he entered in the show.
Sounds like an overall positive experience. Thanks for sharing. The last two Cars and Coffee events I attended with the MMe -- same experience as you describe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The car show was a lot of fun. Meeting Mike with his beautiful Infinite Blue Metallic mach e was the highlight of the day for me. We both shared our experiences we have had with our cars. No, I didn't win a trophy. I agree with Mike we were in a catch all category. In fact there was a 60,s Ford Torino cobra next to me. The Torino should have been in a separate 60's class. Of course he wins first place, why. I got a very favorable response from many spectators. Asking questions about charging, range of mileage and even how much did that car cost you. Theres another all Ford show coming up in October in Joliet IL and I am hoping to see Mike and his Mach e again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The car show was a lot of fun. Meeting Mike with his beautiful Infinite Blue Metallic mach e was the highlight of the day for me. We both shared our experiences we have had with our cars. No, I didn't win a trophy. I agree with Mike we were in a catch all category. In fact there was a 60,s Ford Torino cobra next to me. The Torino should have been in a separate 60's class. Of course he wins first place, why. I got a very favorable response from many spectators. Asking questions about charging, range of mileage and even how much did that car cost you. Theres another all Ford show coming up in October in Joliet IL and I am hoping to see Mike and his Mach e again.
Sounds like you both had a positive experience and a good time.
I can’t wait to show our GT when we get it.
The Mach E is the future for the Mustang brand and this is the start.
congrats guys.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like you both had a positive experience and a good time.
I can’t wait to show our GT when we get it.
The Mach E is the future for the Mustang brand and this is the start.
congrats guys.
Hope you have a good experience with your GT as well. I agree with you about the Mach E being the future of the Mustang brand but don’t say that too loud in front of the classic Mustang crowd. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hope you have a good experience with your GT as well. I agree with you about the Mach E being the future of the Mustang brand but don’t say that too loud in front of the classic Mustang crowd. ;)
I’ll mine my Ps and Qs, when they see the GTs and newer faster models, they will come around. Im sure a coupe version will be along shortly.
This is in fact our first Mustang and EV

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gary - I threw out all the paper flyers and the meet in October was one of them. What is the date and time? What is registration fee ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.