Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Seemingly waiting forever on a Rapid Red Premier RWD ER in the midst of GM repurchasing my 2019 Bolt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been a big fan of electric vehicles for a long time, and I have absolutely loved owning and driving my Chevy Bolt, which I purchased almost exactly two years ago. I've worked in tech for 40 years (software design and development, website management) which is more than long enough to know that early adopters often have a bumpy ride as kinks in new technologies get ironed out.

But the story of the Chevy Bolt catching fire was on a whole other level. As someone who has lived through successive seasons of wildfires ravaging my community, having dear friends who have lost everything to various fires, I am especially triggered by photos of burned-out cars and the idea of a potential source of spontaneous combustion in my driveway was a bridge too far. It's a Pascal's Wager sort of thing: even if the chances of my car flaming out are extremely small, the consequences would be so massive that I just couldn't live with it.

I expect that there are others on this forum who have been through the gauntlet that GM puts you through to negotiate a repurchase… it's taking months, even after having been approved for one. I'm really grateful to live somewhere that has Lemon Laws with real teeth.

But looking forward: I'm in line for a Mach-E and really can't wait, but it's going arrive sometime around April, I guess… if there aren't further delays. I expect that most of you are either in the midst of a similar wait, or have been through one… it's good to be with People Who Know What It's Like.

Other than that, I know how user's forums are: if you spend enough time on the user’s forum for pretty much any product, you will certainly read horror stories chilling enough to make you never, ever want to acquire that product. (That's why I avoid WebMD: it's the user's forum for the human body.) I'll especially look forward to reading about people who are loving their car… while taking the cautionary tales in stride.

Ultimately, a lot of life is about choosing those kinds of problems we consider worth having, and Mach-E ownership strikes me as the kind of problem I'm looking forward to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also swapped from a 2018 Bolt EV Premier to a 2022 2LT (after the firmware update proved useless and the 20-22 models were still supposedly unaffected)..but got GM to buy back the 2022. Used the funds towards an MME GT that someone else didn't want.

It's a terrific upgrade and I'm sure that you'll like yours!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts