Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen where anyone that got a hitch put on their car actually uses it to tow. So if you do, how does the Mach E perform in that role? How do all the rear sensors behave with a trailer behind the car?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think I would tow anything but adding a bike rack would a reason to have the hitch on the back.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Technically you can't tow with it, only the Europe version. But a lot of people are adding hitches so they can haul bikes.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not exactly true as a member here added one to haul his sailboat.
Here's a screenshot from the USA manual. In Europe you can but in the USA you can't, one of Ford's VP's stated this as well on an interview.
You can technically with a hitch but nobody knows what the difference is between the USA and Europe Mach-E's. I'd assume its some kind of extra cooling so the battery doesn't overheat from the tow or regen.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Honestly I do not believe there is any difference, I am guessing it was to avoid lots of extra red tape and testing, they wanted this thing on the market before anyone else put out a competitor for Tesla

·
Registered
237 Posts
Honestly I do not believe there is any difference, I am guessing it was to avoid lots of extra red tape and testing, they wanted this thing on the market before anyone else put out a competitor for Tesla
Agreed, once the parts list gets published I can compare the US to the Europe version just to be sure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As has been posted here before it looks like the aftermarket is calling Ford's bluff. You can tow a pony to the water, but you need a hitch to do so!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts