Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very surprised to receive a call from my dealer yesterday to let me know that they’d have a Mach E on display for a few hours today. Apparently Ford is showing their 4 prototypes at select dealerships. Although I didn’t order this color, I thought it looked amazing in person. The car appears roomy inside with lots of headroom, but sits pretty low (much more crossover than SUV). I chatted with my dealer about pricing and for what it’s worth they said they’ll be selling them at MSRP without any markup, so that put me at ease since I’m not one who would ever pay more than sticker. Overall very excited to pick mine up next year!

·
Registered
3 Posts
this is great! i'd love to sit inside one to get a feel for the leg and headroom, ergonomics of the displays and controller, as well as quality and comfort of the seats and other touch surfaces

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's awesome @cksv! Glad to see Ford doing stuff like this and that they told you they're not selling them at a markup. It's too bad they didn't let you guys get a chance to sit inside but oh well.

Is there anything else about the Mach-E that stood out for you when you saw it up close?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure i like the metallic gray. likethe monochrome look
1st choice was Iconic Silver but my wife labeled a new Ford Fusion on my dealer lot as disgustingly gray. So I put my reservation for the GT in Star White. Am having second thoughts about white as I am not fond of how white looks if I opt for the black glass roof. Will probably put my order in for Shadow Black, a mean Pony.

·
Registered
230 Posts
1st choice was Iconic Silver but my wife labeled a new Ford Fusion on my dealer lot as disgustingly gray. So I put my reservation for the GT in Star White. Am having second thoughts about white as I am not fond of how white looks if I opt for the black glass roof. Will probably put my order in for Shadow Black, a mean Pony.
I think the two-tone look would be cool on the Mach-E but you can never go wrong with black.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh wow that blue looks incredible! Is it just for the GT model? Or can you get it for the other packages?
There are two different blue colors. Grabber blue is the one for the First Edition only. That was the one at the LA show. The GT has a different blue color. If you had your reservation number in the email then you could sit in it at the LA show. I fell in love. First time that I ever reserved a car without ever seeing it. It has incredible room and the dash and stuff is well thought out. The backseat has more room then most people think due to the optical illusion form the outside. Where the blue paint sweeps down there is a black piece above it. the headroom goes all the way to the top of that black piece.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There are two different blue colors. Grabber blue is the one for the First Edition only. That was the one at the LA show. The GT has a different blue color. If you had your reservation number in the email then you could sit in it at the LA show. I fell in love. First time that I ever reserved a car without ever seeing it. It has incredible room and the dash and stuff is well thought out. The backseat has more room then most people think due to the optical illusion form the outside. Where the blue paint sweeps down there is a black piece above it. the headroom goes all the way to the top of that black piece.
That must've been a heck of an experience at the LA auto show! Were you able to sit comfortably in the back and is it easy to step in? and if you don't mind, how tall are you?

·
Registered
62 Posts
That must've been a heck of an experience at the LA auto show! Were you able to sit comfortably in the back and is it easy to step in? and if you don't mind, how tall are you?
Honestly I did not step into the back but my 5-5 daughter did and had zero problems. it is easy to get into. there is a small black button that you push and the door opens. there are no handles so basically you just open the door. Ford did this to maximize aerodynamics. I asked my daughter if she could sit back there for a long ride. We driver 2 hours to LA 4-5 days a week. She said yes. I am 6-0 and am more legs. the front seat had to be moved up so that I could reach the pedals. Because of no tunnel for the transmission there is a lot of room back there and up front.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts