Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Honestly I did not step into the back but my 5-5 daughter did and had zero problems. it is easy to get into. there is a small black button that you push and the door opens. there are no handles so basically you just open the door. Ford did this to maximize aerodynamics. I asked my daughter if she could sit back there for a long ride. We driver 2 hours to LA 4-5 days a week. She said yes. I am 6-0 and am more legs. the front seat had to be moved up so that I could reach the pedals. Because of no tunnel for the transmission there is a lot of room back there and up front.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm relieved to hear that it's roomy, I'm 6'3 so I'll need as much space as possible haha. Are those black buttons for the doors easy to access and press?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! I'm relieved to hear that it's roomy, I'm 6'3 so I'll need as much space as possible haha. Are those black buttons for the doors easy to access and press?
The buttons in back appear to be easy. In front when you press the button the door there is a little like 3 inch bar that is attached to the door to swing it open. It is just easier to take the door and open it. If you are a stickler on fingerprints then you will likely have an issue. I have a 2017 Fusion Sport AWD. The ONLY ford car that was built that was NEVER advertised. Any way the Mach E in the drivers seat felt more comfortable then mine and I love mine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The car appears roomy inside with lots of headroom, but sits pretty low (much more crossover than SUV).
That's one of my biggest concerns. I hate vehicles that sit so low that I have to crawl down into. I would never get a typical sports car for that reason, or even a regular sedan. My parents have a Honda Accord and that's way too low for my tastes. We have a 2013 Ford Escape that not bad. The 2001 Escape we had prior to that was the perfect seat height (more true SUV) but the 2013 crossover isn't too much lower. And I can raise the power driver seat to make up some of the difference.

I'm 6'1" so similar to you. Were you able to pretty much slide straight in and out of the seat, or did you find you really had to crawl down into it and up out of it? And any idea if the seat could be raised? (I assume it's a power seat adjustment).

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's one of my biggest concerns. I hate vehicles that sit so low that I have to crawl down into. I would never get a typical sports car for that reason, or even a regular sedan. My parents have a Honda Accord and that's way too low for my tastes. We have a 2013 Ford Escape that not bad. The 2001 Escape we had prior to that was the perfect seat height (more true SUV) but the 2013 crossover isn't too much lower. And I can raise the power driver seat to make up some of the difference.

I'm 6'1" so similar to you. Were you able to pretty much slide straight in and out of the seat, or did you find you really had to crawl down into it and up out of it? And any idea if the seat could be raised? (I assume it's a power seat adjustment).
I just sat down. It is I think better in my opinion to my 2017 Fusion sport AWD. I agree that I hate to fall into my car. On my fusion I just sit down but on exiting I cannot just say turn and exit. I kind of have to usually put my hand on the door/by window and help myself out. Not sure if that makes sense. When I sat in the Mach E I think I just turned and got out. I do not remember even thinking about it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just sat down. It is I think better in my opinion to my 2017 Fusion sport AWD. I agree that I hate to fall into my car. On my fusion I just sit down but on exiting I cannot just say turn and exit. I kind of have to usually put my hand on the door/by window and help myself out. Not sure if that makes sense. When I sat in the Mach E I think I just turned and got out. I do not remember even thinking about it.
I think the Fusion AWD may be the exact same front half as my 2013 Escape does. So that's a good comparison. I'm OK getting in and out of it (although my 2001 Escape was better -- more SUV than crossover).

Someone pointed me to the technical specs page (buried on a Media Kit page):

Height and ground clearance are a couple inches shorter than the Escape, but the Escape peak height is further back than the front seat while the Mach-e peak is over the front seat, so it looks like it's just 1-2" shorter. Ground clearance is 2" shorter, but with the battery back in the floor I assume that pushes the seat base a little higher. Then it comes down to the seats themselves (and how adjustable they are). Sounds like front seat height is probably pretty close to the Escape (maybe 1-2" shorter overall).

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are two different blue colors. Grabber blue is the one for the First Edition only. That was the one at the LA show. The GT has a different blue color. If you had your reservation number in the email then you could sit in it at the LA show. I fell in love. First time that I ever reserved a car without ever seeing it. It has incredible room and the dash and stuff is well thought out. The backseat has more room then most people think due to the optical illusion form the outside. Where the blue paint sweeps down there is a black piece above it. the headroom goes all the way to the top of that black piece.
We sat in the same car at the LA Auto Show. We have a reservation for Carbonized Gray First Edition. We loved everything we could see and touch in the car. Hope Ford really makes good on this vehicle....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sunnyvale Ford was one of the dealers that had a Mach-E back in December.

Didn't know it was limited to just 4 dealers.

Sunnyvale Ford
·
Come see the 2020 MACH-E in our showroom
YES! WE WILL HAVE THE 2020 MUSTANG MACH-E ON DISPLAY INSIDE OUR SHOWROOM FOR YOU TO SEE THIS SATURDAY!
As the #1 dealer in the nation with the most Pre-Orders, Sunnyvale Ford gets exclusive limited time viewing of the Mach-E for our clients. We will be hosting this special event to SEE THE 2020 MACH E IN PERSON IN OUR SHOWROOM this Saturday December 7th at 5PM-8PM.
No RSVP required, everyone is welcome.

We are located at 650 East El Camino Real, Sunnyvale CA 94087
We will have have refreshments for our guests to enjoy during the event

sunnyvale ford mach e

21 - 28 of 28 Posts