Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Star White Prem AWD EX ordered 11/12/21
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago I left on a trip from Wisconsin to MN. My first time using public charging, etc. All went well with the charging but it was definitely a learning experience. GPS/Navigation is definitely a big help with this. On the way home yesterday, I was using navigation to get me to the next charger. It started showing the car as not on the road but alongside and prompts kept telling me to get back on the road. I stopped and shut everything down hoping to reset the nav with no success. As time went on, it was showing the car as being at least a mile off the freeway I was on - all of the roads I was on have been in existence for many years. So I cancelled the nav and used my phone for directions to the charger. I only charged for about 10 minutes as I didn't need much. The nav did not reset then either - it was even worse when I started the car again with the car showing miles away from where I actually was. When I got home, the Ford app indicated I received a software update - Ford Power-Up 3.5.2. I'm thinking perhaps that is what caused the problem? I have not driven it yet today. GPS shows the car in the right location now but the compass still seems to be confused. I'm hoping that corrects itself the next time I drive it which will be this afternoon. Anyone else having this problem? By the way, I got home at 7:30 and plugged in the charger. The car is programmed to start charging at 10:00 to get the off-peak rate. I went back in the garage a few minutes later and, to my surprise, the car was charging! So that seemed to be messed up too - and I'm disappointed in that because now I don't feel I can trust it to wait to charge only during the programmed times and I will need to wait to plug it in after the start of off-peak rates.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
A couple of days ago I left on a trip from Wisconsin to MN. My first time using public charging, etc. All went well with the charging but it was definitely a learning experience. GPS/Navigation is definitely a big help with this. On the way home yesterday, I was using navigation to get me to the next charger. It started showing the car as not on the road but alongside and prompts kept telling me to get back on the road. I stopped and shut everything down hoping to reset the nav with no success. As time went on, it was showing the car as being at least a mile off the freeway I was on - all of the roads I was on have been in existence for many years. So I cancelled the nav and used my phone for directions to the charger. I only charged for about 10 minutes as I didn't need much. The nav did not reset then either - it was even worse when I started the car again with the car showing miles away from where I actually was. When I got home, the Ford app indicated I received a software update - Ford Power-Up 3.5.2. I'm thinking perhaps that is what caused the problem? I have not driven it yet today. GPS shows the car in the right location now but the compass still seems to be confused. I'm hoping that corrects itself the next time I drive it which will be this afternoon. Anyone else having this problem? By the way, I got home at 7:30 and plugged in the charger. The car is programmed to start charging at 10:00 to get the off-peak rate. I went back in the garage a few minutes later and, to my surprise, the car was charging! So that seemed to be messed up too - and I'm disappointed in that because now I don't feel I can trust it to wait to charge only during the programmed times and I will need to wait to plug it in after the start of off-peak rates.
I've had a similar thing happen a couple times where the gps for whatever reason loses location. So when I got home, it still showed I was out on the road and when I plugged in the evse it was showing a random address and "public charging". Although yours sounds worse, perhaps it will fix itself when you start up?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I haven't had that issue with the built in Navigation but have a serious issue with Apple Car Play and Apple Maps doing the same thing. Tried it wireless and wired, similar issue. Use my phone on vacation with rental cars no problem. Use my wife's Buick wireless Apple Car Play and Apple Maps work flawlessly. Seems I have had this issue since a maps update months ago. Haven't had the time or patience to bring car to the dealer. Will wait for Apple IOS 16 to come out and see what happens

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow, I have had the same thing happen here in California. Driving on the freeway, the map showed me miles away, driving through yards, rivers and more. (See photo below) It did fix itself the next day. Additionally, note that my Sirius radio did not work at all while this was happening. (wow, there is still FM? ha)
The other thing that is odd, now that I have BlueCruise, my set speed will change automatically while driving on the freeway, for instance from 75 to 80, or 75 to 25, 55 to 80, or from 70 to 40, and other random speeds. If doing 75 on the highway, suddenly the cruise control goes to 35 and instantly slows the car down to the new lower speed, and I have to instantly take over as I am in the carpool lane with traffic behind me. I will then turn it off, re-set it and it is OK for a while then the same thing starts all over again. This speed thing happens all the time as I drive from LA to Palm Springs, and I don’t quite trust this blue-cruise thing yet. I think this a software thing and will wait to see if any over the air updates fix it instead of leaving it at the dealership for a week, as they are only guessing as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for sharing the photo Rticeo. That's exactly what was happening to me. I drove it this afternoon and all is back to normal. I used the navigation for driving directions back home and everything worked fine. I hope it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for sharing the photo Rticeo. That's exactly what was happening to me. I drove it this afternoon and all is back to normal. I used the navigation for driving directions back home and everything worked fine. I hope it doesn't happen again.
Anyone else having issues. Navigation won’t even load and says to take into service. I did get the update Thursday

·
Registered
32 Posts
The reason your car started charging immediately was that the GPS didn't think it was home, so it didn't use your Home saved location settings. This happened to me once so it charged to 100%. I also had the GPS problem once which the kids thought was hilarious as I drive through lakes and fields. I wasn't trying to use the navigation or ACC at the time. Seems to be a bug that happens rarely.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason your car started charging immediately was that the GPS didn't think it was home, so it didn't use your Home saved location settings. This happened to me once so it charged to 100%. I also had the GPS problem once which the kids thought was hilarious as I drive through lakes and fields. I wasn't trying to use the navigation or ACC at the time. Seems to be a bug that happens rarely.
Good comment. That makes sense. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm a little nervous about plugging in the charger early now but your point makes me more confident. I'm sure I'll be watching it the next couple of times regardless.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car did crazy stuff also....they radio stations would play differnt stations....I would press the button for one station and it would play something else. It did that for a full day and was fine the next day. My car has strange glitches like this maybe once every other week. I tell people that I am driving a BIG iphone...and its more glitchy than an Iphone

·
Registered
33 Posts
So. It's not just me! My wife came home from shopping with her sister in the MME and said her Nav was "all f'ed up". Being the idiot that I am, I thought she must've done something to the settings or something. I took the car out and sure enough, it thinks it's about 4 miles away. I can't find anything wrong in settings or anywhere else. I'll check in the morning crossing my fingers that it resets.
I read the posts before this and I feel for many of you. I constantly have to manually switch users back and forth to get my profile to work including seat memory, XM stations, 1 pedal drive. (I purchased a second fob and had the dealer program it a year ago. What a RIPOFF Ford!).

·
Registered
10 Posts
so my car must have felt I was talking about it because after I made my post the radio messed up again. All my saved stations are gone and all jumbled up. Also for the last week or two when I start the car after being out running around...the Nav comes on as if I had programmed it to take me somewhere. I have to pull it up and cancel the Nav. I am not sure where it is trying to take me too. I wonder if my car is more glitchy than others. I am about to go on a road trip today and I am afraid with all the issues that I an everyone else is having.

·
Registered
33 Posts
so my car must have felt I was talking about it because after I made my post the radio messed up again. All my saved stations are gone and all jumbled up. Also for the last week or two when I start the car after being out running around...the Nav comes on as if I had programmed it to take me somewhere. I have to pull it up and cancel the Nav. I am not sure where it is trying to take me too. I wonder if my car is more glitchy than others. I am about to go on a road trip today and I am afraid with all the issues that I an everyone else is having.
Hi. I wrote about the radio station screw up months ago. A member responded that i needed to switch user profiles to another driver. After the car recognizes that, switch back. this should restore your stations.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Update: After letting the car "rest" overnight, the Nav fixed itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The same happened to our car, called Ford support, and they wanted to make sure I was able to connect to WiFi at home. Very basic stuff as if I was in the wrong! While driving on the highway it kept speed correcting from 120 down to 50, which was very unnerving.

The only panic the car made about driving in the middle of Lake Erie was that we were too far from charging and needed to plan a stop right away.

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
After the last update, my GPS sometimes goes off.
It currently has me over a block away, which made my car ignore my ‘home’ location 90% charging limit and go to 100%. Following a Navigation route also becomes impossible.

@Ford Motor Company - GPS calibration is messed up since the last update for many owners. Please let us know if Ford Sync development team is aware, and if a fix is coming soon. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After the last update, my GPS sometimes goes off.
It currently has me over a block away, which made my car ignore my ‘home’ location 90% charging limit and go to 100%. Following a Navigation route also becomes impossible.

@Ford Motor Company - GPS calibration is messed up since the last update for many owners. Please let us know if Ford Sync development team is aware, and if a fix is coming soon. Thanks.
Dear FMC, I have had the same navigation issues. additionally, since my last update, my Blue Cruise, when set, will often change the set speed at random. For example, when set at 70 mph, it will suddenly go from 70 mph, to 80 mph, causing a sudden unexpected acceleration, or, from 70 mph to reset itself to 45 mph suddenly slowing down the vehicle (w 1 pedal drive on) while driving in the fast lane forcing me to suddenly take action to maintain speed. The speeds are changing to random numbers and occur every 5-10 minutes while driving on the freeway. This has become common while using my Blue Cruise and I no longer feel safe using this as my cruise control feature. This seems to be a safety related issue to me. Is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Official Representative
140 Posts
Dear FMC, I have had the same navigation issues. additionally, since my last update, my Blue Cruise, when set, will often change the set speed at random. For example, when set at 70 mph, it will suddenly go from 70 mph, to 80 mph, causing a sudden unexpected acceleration, or, from 70 mph to reset itself to 45 mph suddenly slowing down the vehicle (w 1 pedal drive on) while driving in the fast lane forcing me to suddenly take action to maintain speed. The speeds are changing to random numbers and occur every 5-10 minutes while driving on the freeway. This has become common while using my Blue Cruise and I no longer feel safe using this as my cruise control feature. This seems to be a safety related issue to me. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dont use the Ford NAV, but using CarPlay with apple maps and waze will show me off road or still at my last location. I reset/close of the iPhone app fixes it. I find if my phone is in my pocket it does this more. And hardly ever if its sitting on the charge pad.

·
Super Moderator
3,068 Posts
I dont use the Ford NAV, but using CarPlay with apple maps and waze will show me off road or still at my last location. I reset/close of the iPhone app fixes it. I find if my phone is in my pocket it does this more. And hardly ever if its sitting on the charge pad.
The Ford Nav GPS tracking was great until the last update. I hope they figure it out soon.

I’ve used carplay, but the phones GPS antenna just isn't as strong as the built-in. This causes an annoying lag. And resetting during navigation is a pain.

I do like that Sync4 has so many options for the owner. That’s cool.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts