Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally limited to the First Edition and the GT, Grabber Blue is now available on all models, including the Select RWD standard battery - the least expensive MachE.

So much for "exclusivity"!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally limited to the First Edition and the GT, Grabber Blue is now available on all models, including the Select RWD standard battery - the least expensive MachE.

So much for "exclusivity"!
Ford doesn’t even charge extra for it! I figured this was coming—people love the color too much—but I am surprised Ford did it before the end of the year.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ford doesn’t even charge extra for it!

Combine that with people who ordered their MachE in April/May and will not be getting them until November as 2021 models, without any reduction in price from MSRP, when the 2022 are in production, Ford is finding new and different ways to screw their customers! (When I got my 2018 Edge Sport in September of 2018 I received a substantial discount from MSRP as the 2019 were about to hit the showroom)

As my mother would say: "That is adding insult to injury"

Full disclosure: I have a substantial position in both Ford stock and Ford bonds - so I am not a "Ford Hater": to the contrary I want Ford to do well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Combine that with people who ordered their MachE in April/May and will not be getting them until November as 2021 models, without any reduction in price from MSRP, when the 2022 are in production, Ford is finding new and different ways to screw their customers! (When I got my 2018 Edge Sport in September of 2018 I received a substantial discount from MSRP as the 2019 were about to hit the showroom)

As my mother would say: "That is adding insult to injury"

Full disclosure: I have a substantial position in both Ford stock and Ford bonds - so I am not a "Ford Hater": to the contrary I want Ford to do well.
My May 17th order converted to a 2022. Not sure how Ford decides anything...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Was there ever any "Exclusivity"? I don't recall but did Ford limit the total number of the FE or was it basically anyone who ordered one got one? I do recall that with the Bronco there were limited production trims.

Funny how my wife's Infinite Blue is now more "Exclusive"... although the Ice Blue offered now looks very similar.

·
Registered
Current; 17' Escape SE AWD (Soon to be traded in!)
27 Posts
Having wanted a first Edition in Grabber Blue I was a few days late to the party. My order was placed after the first editions sold out and the Grabber Blue was relegated to the GT's and I did not want to deal with the added expense of the initial purchase as well as the higher insurance rate for a GT.
When my order was converted to a 2022 I immediately went to my dealer to upgrade/downgrade my color choice from Star white to grabber blue..
Color exclusivity? I don't see that since first editions and GT's have plenty of badging to prove their exclusivity.

Tony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts