Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Mach E for 3 weeks and have been on 2 road trips and not had this issue before. Last night I drove to Florida - later in the evening I noticed some grease on the back of my ankles. I couldn't think of anyplace that I would have come into contact with anything unusual. this morning I checked the car and there was grease/lubricant on the lower joint of the door frame ( both driver & passenger sides). Has anyone else had a similar experience? See the attached pics, it's pretty obvious it's not anything that could have come from the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 MACH -e 4X Black
7 Posts
No, I have not, I would wipe it down with a white cleaning cloth, look underneath, try to clean it and see if you can tell where its coming from.

·
Registered
2016 Edge Ti.
136 Posts
Are you sure it's grease? I would be concerned that it is something related to the battery. The pictures you have posted up also suggest there is some paint failure in the area, but maybe not? What about the other side?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure it's grease? I would be concerned that it is something related to the battery. The pictures you have posted up also suggest there is some paint failure in the area, but maybe not? What about the other side?
It was symmetrical. Im pretty sure it was grease/lubricant. It didn't clean up easy and was very viscous.

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
I have had my Mach E for 3 weeks and have been on 2 road trips and not had this issue before. Last night I drove to Florida - later in the evening I noticed some grease on the back of my ankles. I couldn't think of anyplace that I would have come into contact with anything unusual. this morning I checked the car and there was grease/lubricant on the lower joint of the door frame ( both driver & passenger sides). Has anyone else had a similar experience? See the attached pics, it's pretty obvious it's not anything that could have come from the road.
View attachment 6763
View attachment 6764
If its thicker than petroleum jelly, it may be the anti-corrosion coating.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Its an electric car I'm guessing it is dielectric grease, a silicone-based grease that repels moisture and protects electrical connections against corrosion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts