Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just put a deposit down on a Premium extended range AWD. Reservation # 10068026.
That said, I am now wondering if we should have gone with the GT.

I think we could live with 20 miles less range for the additional performance but what would really tip the scale in favor for the GT is if it came with Magneride suspension. We had GM Magnetic Ride Control in a Cadillac previously and really liked it.

The details between the trim levels are somewhat lacking and I am told that we can change the order at a later point. Is there a feature matrix somewhere?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey @Diogenes, welcome to the forum! Are you looking for performance differences between the Premium and GT or are you referring to features?
Features... Actually 1 feature in particular. If we need to go with the GT trim for Magneride, we'd be willing to pay a little more and give up a little range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just put a deposit down on a Premium extended range AWD. Reservation # 10068026.

I think we could live with 20 miles less range for the additional performance but what would really tip the scale in favor for the GT is if it came with Magneride suspension. We had GM Magnetic Ride Control in a Cadillac previously and really liked it.

The details between the trim levels are somewhat lacking and I am told that we can change the order at a later point. Is there a feature matrix somewhere?
Hello, and welcome to the forum!
From everything I’ve read the GT will come with the Mangeride suspension.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum!
From everything I’ve read the GT will come with the Mangeride suspension.
I believe as an optioin, not included in the base GT. IIRC it is part of the "performance pack", but I could be mistaken since I can only afford the Select so don't follow too carefully

·
Super Moderator
692 Posts

The detailed specifications you may be looking for The MMe GT and the MMe GT w/ Performance package option (the one with the Magnaride, will probably cost you $$thousands extra) have not been released yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The detailed specifications you may be looking for The MMe GT and the MMe GT w/ Performance package option (the one with the Magnaride, will probably cost you $$thousands extra) have not been released yet.
It would be good to know BEFORE we take delivery of the Premium. If it's too much $$, then OK, we'll opt out but we won't be so happy if it's something we want and would have paid for to have Ford announce availability 3 months after we take delivery.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It would be good to know BEFORE we take delivery of the Premium. If it's too much $$, then OK, we'll opt out but we won't be so happy if it's something we want and would have paid for to have Ford announce availability 3 months after we take delivery.
We should definately know more in late June when we put our orders in.

·
Super Moderator
692 Posts
Just for a comparison, the Performance Package -Level 2, which includes the Magnaride on the ICE GT fastback, is an additional $6,500 USD.

·
Super Moderator
692 Posts
We just put a deposit down on a Premium extended range AWD. Reservation # 10068026...
I just noticed how high your reservation number is. Ford has said the reservation numbers are not sequential. So lets assume they are just incremental, confirmed reservations.

With that assumption, Ford will only need about a 73.6% conversion rate to actual orders to sell out the first year’s run of 50,000 vehicles. A realistic goal, even with the current world-crisis.

If reservations keep climbing, i think Ford may need to get its hands on a few thousand more battery packs!

·
Registered
558 Posts

Welcome to the forum @Diogenes

You'll be able to switch your order pretty much any way you want when it comes time to actually building our your car.

The process will include Ford corporate giving you back your deposit and a dealership of your choice then handling everything from there.

They will likely demand a new deposit.

I've talked to Ford marketing folks and they said you'll be able to change your build at the time any way you want, EXCEPT to get a 1st edition. Those are gone.

And yours is definitely the highest build number I've seen. I suspect you'll be waiting a while.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

You'll be able to switch your order pretty much any way you want when it comes time to actually building our your car.

The process will include Ford corporate giving you back your deposit and a dealership of your choice then handling everything from there.

I've talked to Ford marketing folks and they said you'll be able to change your build at the time any way you want, EXCEPT to get a 1st edition. Those are gone.

And yours is definitely the highest build number I've seen. I suspect you'll be waiting a while.
We put our order in over a month ago on 29 April. I'm sure there were many more orders since but sadly I'm also sure that many people's financial means to afford a ~$60K vehicle may have changed as well.

Also, isn't the select trim not available until 2021? Does the build number indicate the order of build? Would they not focus on building the more profitable orders first?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just for a comparison, the Performance Package -Level 2, which includes the Magnaride on the ICE GT fastback, is an additional $6,500 USD.
On the higher Bullitt trim, Magneride is a $1,695 option which I would pay. If I have to shell out ~$6.5K for a package, wait longer for delivery thereby risk losing the tax benefit, I probably wouldn't.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
679 Posts

Besides, with a 68,000+ reservation number, you could cancel, reserve a GT, and never notice a delay.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
442 Posts
My plan ahead is a bit different. I bought the 2018 Energi PHEV as a "bridge" until I could get an EV that I liked. The MMe Premium Extended will be my next "bridge" vehicle. If it's all that it's being touted to be then in 2 or 3 yrs. I'll move into the GT performance if not well then maybe something else.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts