Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how we will turn the autopilot/handsfree system on and off?

I took a test drive in a Tesla X and the lever on the steering wheel column was very intuitive to use. I don't see any levers or buttons for the autopilot. Anyone else notice where the controls might be other than the big screen?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am that guessing it uses the cruise control buttons on the left-hand side of the steering wheel to activate the Hands-free system.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So one looks like lane guidance and the other looks like matching the speed with the car in front of you. Other typical cruise control. Doesn’t look like handsfree to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Perhaps the button configuration has not been finalized yet. The steering wheel buttons on the two previous pictures are different. The first picture shows five buttons and a rocker switch and the second picture only has four buttons and a rocker switch.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well, the "auto lane centering" IS the initial handsfree driving mode as far as I can tell - the full self driving is a "future" thing that may never happen. Their ICE cars that have the "auto lane centering" require you to still have a hand touching the wheel, but in the E there is a camera that watches your face instead - thus handsfree

1 - 6 of 6 Posts