Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach e Select AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night the headlights lit up randomly on my MME. I tried re-locking the vehicle remotely to no avail. I had to go outside and take the headlight setting off auto to get them to extinguish. Anyone else experience this? I have had the car about 7 weeks now and this is the first issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Last night the headlights lit up randomly on my MME. I tried re-locking the vehicle remotely to no avail. I had to go outside and take the headlight setting off auto to get them to extinguish. Anyone else experience this? I have had the car about 7 weeks now and this is the first issue.
I’ve not experienced this - but I can’t set my lights to be off with the “manual” light switch (OFF, PARKING, ON, Daytime Running, etc). Sometimes I just don’t want any lights on ( no daytime running lights) but turning the knob off only works for the period when the systems are on. Once the car is turned off and restarted its back to an automatic lights on setting. I did change the system settings (the screen) to default to no running lights- no luck.

Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else?

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Did you accidentally activate the ‘Headlamp Exit Delay’ feature? I’ve done it before.

Switching Headlamp Exit Delay On and Off
To switch headlamp exit delay on, pull the turn signal lever toward you after switching your vehicle off.
To switch headlamp exit delay off, pull the turn signal lever toward you again or switch your vehicle on.

Note: The headlamps turn off after three minutes with any door open or 30 seconds after the last door closes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you accidentally activate the ‘Headlamp Exit Delay’ feature? I’ve done it before.

Switching Headlamp Exit Delay On and Off
To switch headlamp exit delay on, pull the turn signal lever toward you after switching your vehicle off.
To switch headlamp exit delay off, pull the turn signal lever toward you again or switch your vehicle on.

Note: The headlamps turn off after three minutes with any door open or 30 seconds after the last door closes.
Well I exited the car about 4 hours before this occurrence so no I don't think that this is relevant. I did see this in the owners manual this morning when I started to look into it though.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Well I exited the car about 4 hours before this occurrence so no I don't think that this is relevant. I did see this in the owners manual this morning when I started to look into it though.
wow. 4 hours is a long time. TG the 12v wasn’t drained.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow. 4 hours is a long time. TG the 12v wasn’t drained.
honestly I don't think that the lights were on the whole time but somehow came on. Im sure there is a timer to shut the lights off after a while to protect the 12v battery from draining. I know my Edge has this safety feature. I will have to sit in the car and have a good look at all the settings I guess.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How far where you away from the car when this happend?
I saw this as well when we where sitting down for a cup of coffee and had the car on the other side of the street.
Then the lights came on but only the DLR not the main light.
This could be the Paak detecting the car and turning it on and off if you are bearly in range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How far where you away from the car when this happend?
I saw this as well when we where sitting down for a cup of coffee and had the car on the other side of the street.
Then the lights came on but only the DLR not the main light.
This could be the Paak detecting the car and turning it on and off if you are bearly in range.
The keys are where they are every night. I suppose the phone could have activated the welcome mode but this would be the 1st time given its night time location. Usually the trim lights come on for the welcome but not the full beam. So far it hasn't repeated so hopefully it was a one off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same experience. I always have the switch in the "auto" position, but one morning when I arrived to work the headlights stayed on until I went back and discovered that the switch was in the "on" position. I suspect it is related to the other little memory issues it has like climate settings or radio station.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have all of the latest updates now, and it was good for a week, but it randomly decided to change the headlights to the "on" position again this morning. And it still loses radio and climate settings, usually after a remote start. I often remote start to cool the cabin since its 100+ down here, and too often when I get to the car, it remote started but the climate is turned off.
Annoying.

·
Official Representative
9 Posts
If you are using the auto headlamp feature and find that your head lights are staying on much longer than expected try the following to reset the system. With the car on turn the head lamp to the off position and you should see the amber indicator light moving with the dial. When you turn the car off the headlamps should work correctly and the amber light should return to the Auto position when you key on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you are using the auto headlamp feature and find that your head lights are staying on much longer than expected try the following to reset the system. With the car on turn the head lamp to the off position and you should see the amber indicator light moving with the dial. When you turn the car off the headlamps should work correctly and the amber light should return to the Auto position when you key on.
I will try that, thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts