Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
So basically ford posted a reset here in may 2021 and it’s 2022 there is still no fix to this issue lmao. I guess we all better check everytime.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just happened to me for the first time. My 10K mile 2021 GT is about 300 feet away. Turned off as usual and watched mirrors fold - locked.

Got my breakfast and sat outside. Still at least a football field length away. Suddenly notice lights on. Can see mirrors still folded, so car locked (probably). Tried key fob - too far. Same with PAAK.

Since I'm watching it and appears locked, decided to wait to finish breakfast. 5 or 6 minutes later headlights just turned off. Very strange. I'll keep watching this thread for news.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just happened to me for the first time. My 10K mile 2021 GT is about 300 feet away. Turned off as usual and watched mirrors fold - locked.

Got my breakfast and sat outside. Still at least a football field length away. Suddenly notice lights on. Can see mirrors still folded, so car locked (probably). Tried key fob - too far. Same with PAAK.

Since I'm watching it and appears locked, decided to wait to finish breakfast. 5 or 6 minutes later headlights just turned off. Very strange. I'll keep watching this thread for news.
Further update.
After lights went on for 5 minutes and then went off
, I returned to car. Headlight auto switch had NO SETTING selected. I re-set to auto. Let's see if problem recurs.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
54 Posts
SSM 50869 - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

SM 50869 - 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. Switch and/or module replacement will not resolve this condition. Headlamp operation is not affected while the vehicle is ON. A new headlamp switch is currently under development to correct this condition. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment in November 2022, when parts are expected to become available. Follow up with the customer to confirm the appointment once OASIS is updated with the repair information.

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
412 Posts
Last night the headlights lit up randomly on my MME. I tried re-locking the vehicle remotely to no avail. I had to go outside and take the headlight setting off auto to get them to extinguish. Anyone else experience this? I have had the car about 7 weeks now and this is the first issue.
SSM 50869 - 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Some 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM). This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. Switch and/or module replacement will not resolve this condition. Headlamp operation is not affected while the vehicle is ON. A new headlamp switch is currently under development to correct this condition. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment in November 2022, when parts are expected to become available. Follow up with the customer to confirm the appointment once OASIS is updated with the repair information.

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
412 Posts
SSM 50869 - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

SM 50869 - 2021-2022 Mustang Mach-E - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off - DTC B1533

Sorry for the double post. Didn’t see yours until it refreshed.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts