Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just purchased a 2023 Mach-E premium in December 2022 and am enjoying the ride very much. Glad there is this forum to find out more about my vehicle. Question about BlueCruise. I have been impressed with the adaptive cruise control mechanisms and thought that was it but one day while driving home from work, BlueCruise turned on and I was like, "What is this?" I thought it was very cool (and a bit creepy at the same time), but since that one time, BlueCruise has never turned on again despite the fact that I regularly drive the same route on an Interstate that is listed as being part of the BC network. I'm curious if anyone else has experience this behavior (BC only sometimes activates) or if there are some conditions when it will not activate (e.g., weather). I believe I have everything set correctly in the settings for it to turn on and per my Ford Connected Services account, it should be active. Any insight would be appreciated.

· Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
482 Posts
Here's a map (scroll down) that shows where BC handsfree should work - https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise/

If handsfree worked, then it's active.

Some vehicles got delivered with maps that were out of date (not you, if handsfree worked). However, there was a December expiration date. If your car missed that update, then you won't have handsfree. In the settings, About Sync, look for the map expiration, which is in the format DD-MM-YYYY on the bottom (see picture below). If it reads 2022 in the last field, your maps expired. Most are reading XX-04-2023 now.

It will not work if conditions prevent it, including but not limited to - lines painted over or non-existent, construction routing you to cross over to other side of highway, cameras / sensors covered with snow/ice, etc. You cannot exceed 80mph. If you are in handsfree mode, and hit 81, it will disengage, then reengage when you drop to 80 or below.

Make sure you have not turned off lane centering. If you do, handsfree won't work.

This car has expired maps that expired on September 10, 2022.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@RickMachE - thank you for the response. I checked and my hands-free driving mode has not yet expired so that isn't it (I was hoping it would be). Everything else appears in order and 95% of the route I take for my commute is on the BC map. Lane centering is also on and the roads are clear. Wondered if it had to do with temperature (it has been near or below freezing this past month). Though I haven't been driving over 75, it is good to know about the 80MPH limit. Sounds like a trip to the dealership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts